Game-Labs Forum

J & P Rebalance Mod by JonnyH13 and Pandakraut 6/16/2021 1.27.4.3

17 hours ago, PaulD said:

In the configuration files, does "sizeIncrease" stack with "AIscalingSizeMultiplier"?

Not really, sizeIncrease is intended to be used for custom battles instead of when scaling is enabled. AIscalingSizeMultiplier should allow you to make any necessary changes in the campaign.

Also changed duplicateRandomProbability to 1.3.

This caps at 1 FYI

I am also going to assume that Philippi is a set amount based on difficulty level since playing around with any increases in the configuration files makes no change on CSA army size.

This battle doesn't technically scale so those values won't have any affect.

• Thanks 1
  • Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gameplay Rebalance and Customizations created by JonnyH13 and Pandakraut Discord Link: https://discord.gg/NmHUGvq 6/16/2021 Updated to 1.27.4.3      Small patch for a critical bug pl

Gettysburg, Monocacy, Antietam, New Market - selected views: Gettysburg, First day position of Stone's Brigade at McPherson's Farm This would have been the view the advancing Confederates had

You can start with 7 training. This gives the union nearly 1 star recruits and the CSA ~1.5 star recruits. Though currently starting with econ and logistics and just buying cannon and fielding 24p and

Posted Images

Started a Confed campaign using v1.27.4.3 GOG. In the first battle, two/all detached skirmishers (auto-)retreated out of the map after reloading a save during the first phase without any chance to interfere. I had only saves with detached skirmishers before, so I had to say good-bye to them, no matter how often I reloaded. Later saves during phase 2 luckily didn't behave that way.

Any idea what could have caused that?

What else I've noticed throughout the battle is that the AI was very passive. Brigades often stood still and let themselves get shot for minutes at max range without return fire. I've never observed such behavior with the un-modded/UI-mod game so far as long as you don't use hidden sniper-skirmishers. My own units were always visible to the AI. Maybe the reason was that the AI used the M1842 with 340 range compared to my 400er firearms. Sticking with the same default MxRange for infantry is maybe easier for the AI to handle.

About ranges: is Close factor 0.1 or 100 p/yd/m? As this category is missing for some firearms, the muzzle point dmg at range 0 would be interesting to know for a complete damage curve.

Fire rate: lower values are faster in this mod compared to original?

6pdr Field: 80, 4.5-inch Siege: 30, Springfield M1842: 100, Spencer Rifle: 60, Maynard (carbine, 12 rds/m): 250?

Springfield M1855 seems way worse compared to the M1842 despite the slight range increase.

Whitworth (TS) ammo cost 10 compared to Whitworth 1? Even a value of 2 can already drain twice as much supply by a brigade with advanced firearms. Running out quickly of ammo should be enough penalty for repeaters.

Edited by Bark
  • Like 1
13 hours ago, Bark said:

Any idea what could have caused that?

This is a temporary fix to resolve a battle crash that was caused by giving detached skirmishers their parents perks. Turns out it has more frequent side effects than we initially realized, sorry for the inconvenience. This will be fixed in the next patch.

13 hours ago, Bark said:

What else I've noticed throughout the battle is that the AI was very passive.

Which difficulty were you playing on? Usually these units have a high chance of charging when you are using 400 range weapons which fend to have lower melee values.

13 hours ago, Bark said:

About ranges: is Close factor 0.1 or 100 p/yd/m? As this category is missing for some firearms, the muzzle point dmg at range 0 would be interesting to know for a complete damage curve.

Close is range 100 for artillery and range 50 for other weapon types that display it. Those ranges are basically the peak of the curve, they usually drop down to 10% less at 0. The close range is hardcoded so it isn't displayed for shorter ranged weapons. If you would like to see what the original base game curves look like in more detail you can find them here https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26142-hidden-mechanics-and-weapon-damage-degradation/

13 hours ago, Bark said:

Fire rate: lower values are faster in this mod compared to original

Higher values mean the reload bar fills faster same as the base game. Presumably the repeaters and revolvers are confusing you here. These weapons have a custom magazine system added by the mod. So while their reload rate is comparatively slow versus muzzle loaders, they only have to go through that full reload after emptying their magazine.

13 hours ago, Bark said:

Springfield M1855 seems way worse compared to the M1842 despite the slight range increase.

The SF55 trades damage for range. While the damage is lower it's also more consistent compared to the 1842. It also reloads faster for mostly spurious Maynard tape related reasons. Should probably get standardized, but it's a quirk people like. I'd recommend checking out this spreadsheet for average damage comparisons https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1E5ZFCAHEY8EyBkEkWIHOfdFlwaYpSDVA00w9a71jq1c/edit

13 hours ago, Bark said:

Whitworth (TS) ammo cost 10 compared to Whitworth 1? Even a value of 2 can already drain twice as much supply by a brigade with advanced firearms. Running out quickly of ammo should be enough penalty for repeaters.

Balancing for the 600 range as the best sniping weapon in the game. The infantry version doesn't need this penalty. This doesn't decrease the number of shots before a supply refill is needed, it just increases the cost of that refill. I think you'll find that it's not as big of a downside as it might initially appear.

Edited by pandakraut
9 hours ago, pandakraut said:

Thanks for all the answers. I think I'll stick with your UAC-mod that has already worked perfectly fine for me. I don't need any extra challenge with my simple BG-diff playing anyway.

• Like 1