Game-Labs Forum

Intentional Griefing in Patrol Zone

Indeed just my son (4 years old ) was playing LZT1209 atm , now there are 2 players now , thats all , XDDD! I have 2 computer , 2 Steam (one is my bro's) , 2 NA game , what's the Problem????  Just for you cant kill me in short time ???   

All old mates knew ARMED have lots of new mates , but you still would like to kill them by over BR fleet all days ,  I just want to help them , who is the problem ?  Help weakers is the Problem ???  

ok , at least we are in different nation and have different idea about it .  o7

I was respect you  ------  JUST Christendom , BUT NOT IT IS END . 

All I can say is that I have faced Lucky L in a number of Port Battles, where he was the only Person from his Nation to Show up. He has always been polite and ggd at the end.

In most of These battles he has been there on 2 if not 3 accounts, I do not think he intentionally griefs, instead he brings Content, I would much rather try and chase him, than sit in an empty battle for 30 or 40 minutes

• Like 3

So yea, I don't really care how nice of a guy he is or what he's done against others in fights.  I've personally dealt with him over discord and found him a decent guy.  I've got no malice towards him.  However, this is clearly griefing with the intent to just waste people's time.  This is not a hostility mission where his goal is to delay the enemy.  This isn't a random OW PVP encounter where you just show up and shoot sails and slow down people inside of it.  The entire point of of the patrol zones is to brawl it out and do as much damage as possible.  Joining a battle in progress in a small light ship and immediately sailing to the other edge of the circle and staying put does not show a clear sign of intending to fight.  He was clearly upset at the fact that the US screened out several of his nation an hour earlier outside green cay and decided to dick around in battle for the fun of it.  He joined a battle late where his side was already heavily out numbered and mostly sunk, clearly he wasn't there to do damage or change the outcome of the fight.  Just to grief.  Throw this in along with other player's comments and his other favorite tactic of staying in port battles intentionally that he's lost for the full 15mins, it displays a pattern of intentionally griefing.  I've even tried to contact him directly about the PB thing (I've seen him do it 5-6 times now) and ask him why he does it.  No luck.

I don't care if the guy is punished or not, but changes need to be made to the zones to discourage this type of behavior.  

@Hethwill @Ink I think we've gotten enough feedback, can we lock this thing down?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Vile Executioner said:

In a battle that is open for a long time, kiting is a good strategy.

Agreed. I think the issue is though because of the patrol battle rule where you cannot leave the battle, that Lucky L continued to kite far beyond the point of reinforcements. In a normal battle you would simple be able to give up the chase. Played against Lucky L in port battles and I have not had an issue with his kiting. In a patrol mission I can see how this could become aggravating. Is it tribunal worthy? Was not there so I should have no opinion on that matter.

Edited by Davos Seaworth

6 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

I think it’s 100% legit, just the devs need to fix the system in patrols. We’ve been asking for it for awhile now. Leave it to lucky to show where mistakes need to be fixed on patrol zone. 

Isn't testing is all about someone gets angry and spits out all the details on how they got spanked? )) 

• Like 2

I mean the port battle at great river he brought his Alt in... Is that not against the rules also?  

Which i think denies a spot for a actual player as the British had more than enough people outside for the battle.

This might be worth another tribunal. As i think this screwed the ARMED guys setup for that Port battle.

20180501215758_1.jpg

20180501222612_1.jpg

Edited by Bloody Hound
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bloody Hound said:

I mean the port battle at great river he brought his Alt in... Is that not against the rules also?  

Which i think denies a spot for a actual player as the British had more than enough people outside for the battle.

This might be worth another tribunal. As i think this screwed the ARMED guys setup for that Port battle.

20180501215758_1.jpg

20180501222612_1.jpg

It’s not against the rules. Lenin has done it for years with 3-4 alts in port battles. If it’s all on one side it’s perfectly legal to multi box.

Honestly if we're going to allow joining or worse starting battles for no reason except to run away and be annoying, then I have some major problems with that. I'm not talking about screening, or pulling people into battles to stop them getting to port and keeping them there as a tactical move. But this crap? "just for you can't kill it in short time?" joining purely to make the experience of other players less enjoyable while never contributing to the battle. Quite literally the only "benefit" or achievement a player doing this will get is that the knowledge that other people are having less fun because of them. If video game trolling had a definition that would be it.

I'm not saying if its allowed or not within the context of this particular case, but if it is then I would like to say I have a very big problem with that and I think that the rules should be reconsidered or mechanics abridged to prevent this toxic behavior or make it impossible. Preferably make it impossible via mechanics, as if there is just a rule, then there will always be a grey area and annoying tribunal topics will be spammed about it (like the situation with alts and flipping or whatever)

tl;dr this rubbish is not ok, something should be done preferably mechanics to make it impossible.

Edited by Capt Aerobane
tl;dr

18 minutes ago, rediii said:

kiting is "alright" in normal battles atm (even if taggingmechanic sucks) but in patrolzone I agree that it is griefing TBH because you can't leave the battle even if you want to

But you have so much time to wait for reinforcements. So why go in when you just can wait for more people to arrive?

Edited by z4ys

12 hours ago, Bloody Hound said:

20180501215758_1.jpg

On this particular case you mention. I hope i understood your point correctly. 

Clan has full control over players who are allowed to join the port battle. If his clan is on the friend list - he can enter the port battle. If clan does not like that particular person they can remove his clan from the friend list

17 minutes ago, rediii said:

battle stays open 30 min it closes at 1:05:00 or so on the clock.

Just talking about it in general and the game mechanic.

You cannot call it griefing before battle closes because its a valid tactic to delay.

There is no message that battles is now closed. Therefore people might not know as you said "at 1:05:00 or so"

That makes it kind of grey area. Sure we have to draw a line somewhere. Tribunal is there to define.

We need better rules for the patrol area achived through gamemechanics for example  like:

- Close the battle before the 30min after xy time when nobody joines and BR is in a certain ratio

- Give a message that battle is now closed

- let the ring of doom shrink even more

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

We are all "bad men " in our new mates and traders heart in fact  , so all gone now and I still want to go on playing this game for I dont have more choise ,  ;) 

At least Brits rarely attack and just be tagged by others for  most of them are new mates and they are happy to join the GB when they saw "EASY" nation ,  I had to admit it .  loooooool.

Plz love our new mates , one day some of them will do well surely and I m a noob too in fact ( 2017/04) . ;)

Edited by Lucky L

On the topic of the main post. 

There are all sorts of grey areas with this case, because kiting is a genuine strategy. Any measures to limit kiting or attempts to delay your sinking will affect everyone and might make gameplay worse as a result.

Consistently wasting another side time in patrol with no intention to fight though could be considered abuse. But we only have 1 screen and cannot make this decision here, because all we see is a modestly large battle with almost all enemies eliminated + one annoying guy trying to save his ship (you mention that he sank at the end). No further evidence is provided for consistent griefing and time wasting in the subsequent battles 

But the name of the captain is noted and his language in this thread is not appropriate when explaining his actions. If this continues we will take action. Please report if you face repeated griefing from the captain mentioned in this thread. 

• Like 4

On the topic in general

There are all sorts of grey areas with this case, because kiting is a genuine strategy. Unless you do it 3 times in a row for the purpose to waste time.  Any measures to limit kiting will affect everyone and might make patrols worse as a result. 

Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Steam services, software or other content.
https://store.steampowered.com/online_conduct/

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, admin said:

On the topic in general

There are all sorts of grey areas with this case, because kiting is a genuine strategy. Unless you do it 3 times in a row for the purpose to waste time.  Any measures to limit kiting will affect everyone and might make patrols worse as a result. 

Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying Steam services, software or other content.

Create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others.

With all due respect, If you're going to invoke the Steam code of conduct you can't just cherry pick the ones that you like. The above code seems to completely go against the use of alts in our game. There is no reason to threaten to prevent this guy from playing. Some don't like his tactics and that's sometimes just too damn bad BUT we are supposed to be testing this game in all of its aspects. Wouldn't it be more productive to figure out what he is doing and then correct it if it needs to be? That is what testing is all about isn't it?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, The Wren said:

Wouldn't it be more productive to figure out what he is doing and then correct it if it needs to be? That is what testing is all about isn't it?

It's not hard to figure out when someone is trolling, griefing others on purpose. Even theoretically if he was testing it "for science", where are his reports on the subject matter, where are his constructive proposals on improving the mechanics? i dont see any. Thats what testing is all about its not it?

Running and kiting is allowed. But if you try to just attack and do nothing for 1.5 hours - 3-4 times in a row in a patrol - you might look like a griefer to others.

11 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Second, in an Event zone, if BR is 3:1 at any point during the event then escape is enabled for everyone in the battle, for the rest of the battle, assuming they aren’t in control or tagged.

3-1 will still keep people in battle if you end up with 2v1. 

Proximity exit rules might solve the problem better but will let some enemies escape. Something like that: First 45 mins you get the patrol rule (cannot exit). After 45 mins if you are more than 1km away from any enemy you can exit normally if not under fire.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, admin said:

Running and kiting is allowed. But if you try to just attack and do nothing for 1.5 hours - 3-4 times in a row in a patrol - you might look like a griefer to others.

This will discourage many.