Game-Labs Forum

Intentional Griefing in Patrol Zone

I'd like to test the waters here and see what qualifies as intentional griefing.  Feel free to discard if it does not qualify.

Player - LZT1209 // LuckyL - GB

He joins patrol zone missions in a store bought lynx, sails to the edge of the circle away from the fight and just sails back and forth waiting for us to sail to him.  Once we sail over he just kites away.  Wasting our time.  In 3 battles in a row now he just does this over and over.  This player also has a history of sitting in every port battle after it is over until the 15min timer is up.  Every single time. 

He usually runs 2 accounts at the same time, if one player gets tagged he joins in on the other one and sails away.  He comes towards us, then runs back to the circle.  Clearly if he was here damage as intended in the zone, he would be shooting and attempting to damage hull.  He does not.

a3fd48fb66876bf5e4073137091e1490.png

df044318553ada90d705687dd9123606.jpg

523eac3772fc4e16e9478d1a5e153f2b.png

7bf55aba228f105a415853727018f17e.png

4bc234039523d1d70010ac8cf868f41d.png

4e4fc366f73b4a8a04dbe977ac7930d9.jpg

Clearly he knows what he's doing and this is just sport for him.  

Does this qualify as intentionally griefing?  He's not out damage farming.  He had no repairs when we looted him.  He picked a lynx for the upwind profile and he of course had the recently sunk X.  If this was a one off thing, ok cool. 

But every single time?

KsucVuK.gif

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 11

Yeah the guy just being a prick, using any game mechanic he can to just waste peoples time. He has no honor. Guess he gets a laugh out of it. Never seen him do anything in any battle but run around in fast 6th rate ships staying just out of range. Rarely fires a shot if at all.

• Like 2

Ashame that one had to ruin what was a good evening of patrol zone PvP, plenty of battles, no one being salty and seemed everyone was enjoying it as we all kept bumping into eachother in the next battle. All his actions really did was waste our time by chasing him but also the other PvP players who were having to wait for us to finish that battle. Problem is not sure what can be done, maybe fellow clan members can speak with them??

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hammy said:

Ashame that one had to ruin what was a good evening of patrol zone PvP, plenty of battles, no one being salty and seemed everyone was enjoying it as we all kept bumping into eachother in the next battle. All his actions really did was waste our time by chasing him but also the other PvP players who were having to wait for us to finish that battle. Problem is not sure what can be done, maybe fellow clan members can speak with them??

Maybe limit patrol zones to a min BR.  Nothing less than 80?  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

that Same tactic in the Hostility missions is a legit tactic for winning tho as the enemy , assuming u set a window for Host has to complete the host in a narrow timed window, whilst this is just trolling and wasting everyones time, his complaints aren't Hypocritical at least in this post

clearly a method to abuse the game for a opportunity to play (in a proper way): 

Abuse of alts for the future needs a better punishment mechanic 

@Ink Under review:  is not the way to do it, (by developers [ after release they are occupied with other stuff])

but i do not see a solution as well.

it's a flaw in the system what needs a overhaul to reject this kind of griefing method

does someone has ideas, ? 

just a thought-

Distance of doing battle.

- like battle engagement percentage {<50% [ for example, not sure what % is needed ]  } where the timer is instant set to zero seconds for the opponent.[can leave battle ] what also counts for the so called inactieve opponent (griefer) , he will get there a instant leave of the battle too.  (with a NO access to any battle for 15 minutes [or for example-  10 or 20 minutes DEF has to look for the wright number ] - [so he can not join a next [any] battle to grief again] )

-the way to implement to do this,  has to be sorted out by devs .

-outruling as griefing and neglecting battle engagement

posible neglecting, is repair when sailing out of battle for a certain time, but where a repair is activated .( and sailing away does not count as neglect battle engagement) 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Test at someone 's PB area , GJ . XDDD

I m just at here ,mates , if there are any question plz talk with me directly , :)  .  Your mates about 5~6 ships attack my Pickle (Lucky L)  in another battle just in same time , ( 5~6 6th ships Vs ONLY 1 7th ship without hull repairs ) , I m not Spider - Man , I cant control 2 ships in 2 battle well in same time ,  that s why I just turn and turn in upwind on LZT1209 ' Lynx . THAT"S ALL!

Your mates attack ARMED 's PB fleet after their AI PB , that 's just what your test , joker !

I m not a PvPer all the time for I dont have enough time for it . I spend much time in PBs for RvR , I dont waste any mates' time just for YOU ARE IN PB AREA ,  ;). 

PLAY GAME  = WASTE TIME all the time, XDD.

• Like 1

Dont attack a multiboxer

Or dont multibox

Thats the question

About griefing in patrols:

Battles stay open for a long time therefore its valid gameplay to kite as long battle is open.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

Just now, Lucky L said:

I m not a PvPer all the time for I dont have enough time for it . I spend much time in PBs for RvR , I dont waste any mates' time just for YOU ARE IN PB AREA ,  ;). 

at this point

it is nothing about you ,but the discussion about the mechanic > who deals with the griefing problem.

don't take it personal..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lucky L said:

BUT THEY CALL ME AT HERE FIRST , :)  

image.thumb.png.1b2db94e3abe66068b8e23c795e271f7.pngimage.thumb.png.ee08080b20dab29f22f3ae58ab0f48b7.png

yes 

but under the line of @Ink

the matter is closed for comment on the aquisation

only comments on details on the subject of the problem , after that ,  are appropriate for forum dwellers

and has nothing to do with you anymore

make a replay on the matter to INK

after that you can only wait for the verdict on the matter 

• Like 1

Back to the issue....Perhaps Patrol zone battles are open for too long?  If I get ganked and I have some hope that my mates can come in, I will avoid as long as possible.  That's not unreasonable.  Close Patrol zone battles after 3 minutes.  Kiting is then ridiculous.

Just now, Oberon74 said:

Back to the issue....Perhaps Patrol zone battles are open for too long?  If I get ganked and I have some hope that my mates can come in, I will avoid as long as possible.  That's not unreasonable.  Close Patrol zone battles after 3 minutes.  Kiting is then ridiculous.

or 4 minutes or 5

its a solution on the matter > temporarily 

@Christendom Clearly griefing, without a doubt. Stuff like this should be punished and shared as to prevent this from happening in the future. Not everyone checks tribunal posts, let alone read the rules. Personally I'm just here for shits 'n giggles as most tribunals are created out of pure saltyness. I hope the accused gets a wipe and becomes an example for other players. 

Edited by Milkman van Swallows

I get this tactic in hostility missions, regular PvP fights and even port battles.   Kite, outlast, waste time and survive.  Ok I can deal with that. 

But the patrol zones are there for one reason.  Do as much damage as possible and collect PvP marks.  Joining a patrol battle and sailing to the other side is just being a dick and wasting other people’s time.  

I have expressed to you multiple times now lucky through PM and battle chat asking you to stop these antics.  Every single port battle you are in you just sit inside be battle for the full 15 mins after battle over.  Every single time.  What’s funny is it seems other folks have had the same experience.

1 hour ago, Christendom said:

But the patrol zones are there for one reason.  Do as much damage as possible and collect PvP marks.  Joining a patrol battle and sailing to the other side is just being a dick and wasting other people’s time.  

Battle stays open. So there is the chance to get reinforcements. I see no issue with delaying and kiting as long battle is open.

Every single port battle you are in you just sit inside be battle for the full 15 mins after battle over.

Its a game design not a players fault. You cant blame him here.

Edited by z4ys

4 minutes ago, Christendom said:

I have expressed to you multiple times now lucky through PM and battle chat asking you to stop these antics.  Every single port battle you are in you just sit inside be battle for the full 15 mins after battle over.  Every single time

I get that kiting in the Patrol Zone is both useless and kind of a dick move. But can anyone explain to me what the problem is with people staying in the instance for the 15 minutes after a battle ends? Some use it for repairs, other people start dicking around demasting each other for fun ( you know who you are 😘). How can this be considered griefing?

2 hours ago, Lucky L said:

I m just at here ,mates , if there are any question plz talk with me directly , :)  .  Your mates about 5~6 ships attack my Pickle (Lucky L)  in another battle just in same time , ( 5~6 6th ships Vs ONLY 1 7th ship without hull repairs ) , I m not Spider - Man , I cant control 2 ships in 2 battle well in same time ,  that s why I just turn and turn in upwind on LZT1209 ' Lynx . THAT"S ALL!

You joined this battle and immediately started sailing away towards the edge, if you were previously engaged in another fight why did you join this one?  Seems weird right?

1 hour ago, Tom Farseer said:

I get that kiting in the Patrol Zone is both useless and kind of a dick move. But can anyone explain to me what the problem is with people staying in the instance for the 15 minutes after a battle ends? Some use it for repairs, other people start dicking around demasting each other for fun ( you know who you are 😘). How can this be considered griefing?

You block the enemy team from docking up into port.  As long as 1 person on either side is still in the battle the attacking team cannot dock up and repair, or call it a night.  

This can be used to keep the attacking fleet on the water and allow screeners to mess up their day.  Sometimes you have to leave immediately right after the Pb, people are sinking and stuff.  Or people simply need to go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Christendom said:

You joined this battle and immediately started sailing away towards the edge, if you were previously engaged in another fight why did you join this one?  Seems weird right?

in medieval battle you had a lot of spectators looking at the battle 👨‍👨‍👦 (there was no twitch internet)

on the beaches and in rowboats on the water ...and on hills on the battle fields

perhaps he is a spectator also...📢for the daily news ,

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christendom said:

This can be used to keep the attacking fleet on the water and allow screeners to mess up their day.  Sometimes you have to leave immediately right after the Pb, people are sinking and stuff.  Or people simply need to go. 

Point taken.

1 minute ago, Thonys said:

in medieval battle you had a lot of spectators looking at the battle 👨‍👨‍👦 (there was no twitch internet)

on the beaches and in rowboats on the water ...and on hills on the battle fields

perhaps he is a spectator also...📢for the daily news ,
but in this case it is > called > disaster tourist ...

Did you even read Christendoms last comment?

• Like 1

I'm sure there's a solution but banning someone for kiting in a ROE where kiting should be impossible (circles shrinking) is bad precedent. What rule is actually being broken here?

you can't ban every asshole on the sea or we'd all be gone within a month :D

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 4