Game-Labs Forum

Does the logistics trait work?

Grogtank

I've read The Soldiers Artillerist's guide on steam which was excellent, nice work Soldier! Reading the comments it's noted that the logistics trait (+50% ammo and 5 efficiency) perk for artillery units is broken. Is this still true? If so I need restart my campaign again!

Thanks

Edited by Grogtank
reasons

Can I answer my own question while my first post is waiting to be approved? I tested two artillery brigades, one with Stamina and one with Logistics, identical guns and each fired several volleys. The little ammo bar moved exactly the same on each unit, matching up exactly along the word "supply" just below.  So in that test it appears logistics is broken.

Hopefully I can get moderated so I'm not talking to myself anymore. :)

• Like 2

The artillery logistics perk only gives +5 efficiency. Despite the perk description the +ammo bonus is not actually assigned if you look in the assets file. The General lvl 1 logistics perk does not work. Logistics career point bonuses do work.

I actually restarted my campaign before this post was approved. However, I selected the logistics perks for my corps commanders assuming it worked. Going to restart again! lol

I think ill take the speed trait at 1 star and invest a bit in logistics career skill. Thanks all!

On 5/1/2018 at 2:10 PM, pandakraut said:

The artillery logistics perk only gives +5 efficiency. Despite the perk description the +ammo bonus is not actually assigned if you look in the assets file. The General lvl 1 logistics perk does not work. Logistics career point bonuses do work.

I would hope they would fix this bug even though they supposedly finished development with patch v1.09. This is a bad oversight that should have been fixed in v1.09

edit> Does the career logistics choice work?

Edited by Gray_Lensman

7 hours ago, sterner said:

Thank you for the report. We will fix the issue related to "logistics" unit perk. General perk will get changes - any unit within general's aura consumes less  ammo.

That sounds truly wonderful!  Looking forward to the patch. :)

Thank you.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2018 at 4:42 AM, sterner said:

Thank you for the report. We will fix the issue related to "logistics" unit perk. General perk will get changes - any unit within general's aura consumes less  ammo.

Fantastic!

You might want to fix skirmishers when equipped with some or all of the sharpshooter rifles. I've used both the Sharps and the JF Brown and the unit wont fire on its own. With the carbines they seem to operate normally and will fire on their own.

In my perfect world they would just have the Infantry AI which seems perfect. The Skirmish AI would be a button toggle. Truly great game!