Game-Labs Forum
Gregory Rainsborough

Perk Reset Permit

I think it would be too easy to switch perk setup depending on what you do.

For example I'm in a hercules with 1pods and carronades I dont need double charge or double shot, I switch to perks i got better use for.

When I am done I get in a bigger ship and switch perks again, or if i want to go trading I switch, when I'm done I switch again.

Personally I think it's fine, at least I cannot afford to keep switching perks to whatever is best for what I am doing atm.

Edited by Liang Dao Ming
  • Like 3

when you can earn 20+ cm's in one battle...? 

If anything raise the cost and allow lower level/newer players to be able to do it for free until they reach flag capt or x hours in game.

1 hour ago, Oberon74 said:

3 lowest ranks can change perks for free?

That's just special treatments for alts, so no way! :P

• Like 2

Like modules I think Perks should be set for each ship. Once you have a few thousand combat marks it's just meaningless clicking to reset them all the time.

No, leave it alone or raise the cost higher.

And also, remove requirement for Fleet-1 to be a perk.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wraith said:

Like modules I think Perks should be set for each ship. Once you have a few thousand combat marks it's just meaningless clicking to reset them all the time.

true for you.  I only started at Xmas and I remember it was somewhat difficult to acquire 50 Marks.  And of course I barely knew how to use perks, so they were all wrong.  I really like the idea of setting them to a ship though.  Makes more sense than to the character.  Each class of ship has a different function, so of course it requires different perks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oberon74 said:

true for you.  I only started at Xmas and I remember it was somewhat difficult to acquire 50 Marks.  And of course I barely knew how to use perks, so they were all wrong.  I really like the idea of setting them to a ship though.  Makes more sense than to the character.  Each class of ship has a different function, so of course it requires different perks.

That was exactly my point that I was perhaps being to subtle with: perk resets are meaningless to vets and too restrictive for new players. A middle ground where perks could be more flexible for both, and offer up customizability, is to tie them to the ship.

Edited by Wraith
  • Like 1