Game-Labs Forum

LOW FPS GeForce GTX 960M

Bach

This is odd. I played the game last October 2017 just fine on high graphics mode. I recently logged back into the game this week to find FPS problems. I'm only getting 8-9 FPS on high mode. Even with everything turned to low I'm only getting 19-22 FPS. Its really ruined the game experience from what it was. I have tried updating the driver on the card but it does not seem to help. Any ideas?

Its not the issue of the 960M i have the same card and with those settings i can run the game fine. Check what banished wrote. Kind of true is that recently the gpu performance of the game got worse.  Had to lower the performance a bit but not to the amount you describe.

20180424193126_1.thumb.jpg.a50be4b64e3e22fe1b11fd12a86586f3.jpg20180424193139_1.thumb.jpg.7549b0dd6756fb6145bfe2660a80a73a.jpg20180424193134_1.thumb.jpg.f4d041b0a6ccde307d69effe474b8a17.jpg

Edited by z4ys

I run 980 ti GPU with 16GB RAM

My main issues regarding performance comes from Win10 updates.

I don’t use GE Experience (only for updates), make sure all overlays are closed. Like the 15 minute replay log.

I stop the win10 Gameplay overlays (see settings)

The main boost is to run the game in full-screen and not window’d mode

For NA-OW I run Vsync and AA x2 with no issues.

9 times out of 10, it will be an interference that’s killing the performance.

(easy to say but I guarantee this will be the problem)

Edited by Norfolk nChance

You should probably be looking at what's changed on your laptop instead of the game since 2017,  have to look deeper than just graphics drivers.  Also performance expectations shouldn't be too high on what I expect is a 4-5 year old laptop design.

7 hours ago, Bach said:

This is odd. I played the game last October 2017 just fine on high graphics mode. I recently logged back into the game this week to find FPS problems. I'm only getting 8-9 FPS on high mode. Even with everything turned to low I'm only getting 19-22 FPS. Its really ruined the game experience from what it was. I have tried updating the driver on the card but it does not seem to help. Any ideas?

you might want to look at this thread, specially the last post. i had a similar problem a while ago and solved it reinstalling nvidia drivers and avoiding nvidia experience for good, never had the problem again since:

@znôrt

Hey read the post and I reply to your problem lol. You solved your problem by uninstalling GeForce Experience and the drivers. After re-install everything works fine if I’m correct? @Bach this is probably the answer to your issue reinstall the drivers...

The geforce product does try to control the games and enhance the performance to the rig you use. I believe sometimes the drivers may not get uploaded correctly and it hits problems. This however does not account for other games working perfectly well. The other games you’ll find are GEF compliant.

Naval Action the last time I spoke @admin wasn’t interested in using the GE Force platform. So, protocols for performance etc are not used and the GEF “guesses” the optimal settings. This is probably where the conflict starts. And becomes a NA-OW only issue. I simply don't use GEF with games and only have it update the drivers.

If a laptop is used then the first place I’d look is changing the power saving mode from Balanced to High Performance. Also check that some of your iCores are NOT PARKED. This happens a lot with Laptops...

Hope this helps

Norfolk.

1 hour ago, Norfolk nChance said:

@znôrt

Hey read the post and I reply to your problem lol. You solved your problem by uninstalling GeForce Experience and the drivers. After re-install everything works fine if I’m correct? @Bach

correct. i uninstalled everything and let windows fetch the drivers only on its own.

Edited by znôrt

Thank you William Wade.  Turned out I just needed a little clear thinking puzzle solving. The thing that changed since 2017 was that I had dismantled the laptop rig and stored it. When I put i back together to play I plugged the external monitor into the docking station ports. This turned out to be the problem as the system didn't recognize it and was running it on some default rather than the 960M card.  I plugged it directly into the laptop port and got the fps back up to 60 even after putting the higher res parameters from last year back in. Still not ideal but very playable.

• Like 1