Game-Labs Forum

Next big patches: Real currency and Open world user interface update

38 minutes ago, vazco said:

If by top clans you mean eg 50, it's OK. Short clan description would be very useful as well. 

A list of 10 top clans would be too short and would lead to snowballing and barrier of entry for new clans. 

Why not create a clan board like other 1 million games, showing the clan interest like trade/craft/pvp/pve and what they require and they want plus active hours/ language etc. Also let us see applicants info / hours/pve/pvp/ what they looking for etc.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Why not create a clan board like other 1 million games, showing the clan interest like trade/craft/pvp/pve and what they require and they want plus active hours/ language etc. Also let us see applicants info / hours/pve/pvp/ what they looking for etc.

Good idea 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Every player that completes it shows logical thinking and knowing how to solve the problem. Ofc. you need more skills for pvp but with 10 hours into the game or something and doing this exam the guy doing it is pretty good already.

Not really true, all it shows is that they have learned the tricks to beat the AI either by being told by others what to do or they have watched youtube videos of how others did it. The Devs have already posted a suggested way to complete the exam and others have posted videos and other suggestions on how to do it. Like all AI battles once you learn the tricks they become easy, it does not really prepare you for PvP, as many have said fighting AI actually give people bad habits and leaves them wondering why they are getting wrecked when they PvP.

This whole new currency thing doesn't seem very clear as to what is what and why maybe it's just me being to simple but is it really needed right now? 

Maybe some examples would be nice to see so 1 million gold becomes X..

10 PvP marks becomes   X...

Etc. Etc.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, admin said:

New currencies

• In game gold will be replaced by Real (or Spanish reals)
    • Pieces of eight will be introduced (or 8 Reals Coin or piastr)
    • Double Escudo or Doublooon (or Lous D`Or  or Pistole) will be introduced
    • Silver 8 Reals and gold double escudo will be freely convertible between each other, but they can only be received from the government (as rewards for battles or port battles or from mint)
  • Money will be denominated (huge denomination will be applied reducing prices to the 18th Century Caribbean levels)

A question about the new money:

Will application of the new currencies and re-denomination have any impact on contracts that are currently posted or will they merely redisplay in the new currencies/denominations?

3 hours ago, rediii said:

I take every new player that completes the final exam. If you dont want them send them to me. :P

Every player that completes it shows logical thinking and knowing how to solve the problem. Ofc. you need more skills for pvp but with 10 hours into the game or something and doing this exam the guy doing it is pretty good already.

What I would be interested in is the average time for a player to reach master and commander rank with missions etc.

I didn’t say I didn’t want him, just what He so fare have learned,  dosent  show him whst he is going up against in PvP. You know there are thies nasty players that may leak you, an an example of what he hasent seen. My point is only not to tell He is ready for PvP, But he had a good start and now start the learning and fun part.

Btw Dutch have allready enough players, so think all new players should start 1/2 year in the danish nation before they could move😈

I play with my son. He became rear at about 100 hours, But that was back last summer, guess you can do it in about 20-30 hours today.

Edited by staun

8 hours ago, Rebrall said:

Serious question why not add this as a part of the boarding reward? 

And make it unavailable if you sunk a ship

And of course would have to limit it so as you are adding historical currency you could take a realistic amount of coins from a captain if boarded and the boarding is won.

that way you don’t loose everything in one hit 

Well you shoudn’t be able to take more money, than I have on the ship. Lets say I have 10 billions. I have to get ressources, it will cost me lets say 100.000, why would I bring all my money. The rest I most likely would have in a bank back home. So you should only be able to take what i bring,

18 hours ago, admin said:

Featured clans and rookie order list

• In addition to combat tutorials all freshly minted Master and commanders will get a short mission list that they will have to next
  • One of the orders will be to join a clan (this will only be provided to players who are not in a guild).
    • Featured clan list will be added to game and only top clans will be on the list based on pve or pvp or conquest or epic event achievements. 
  • We also request veterans and large clans invite people who passed the final exam to guilds and fleets (you can see their names in chat) he/she is definitely good enough to go straight to pvp. 

Real currency and denomination
Current name for in game currency is outdated (it was always only for temp name).
The game will move to a Caribbean currencies of the 18th century

There shouldn't be an exclusive  list of favored clans. This would give the larger and/or older clans a significant advantage over smaller or newer clans and would probably stifle competition in this area.

Historical currency sounds good so long as you can get it by trading or combat.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, rediii said:

he is ready to learn at this point :)

Btw. danish nation still outnumbers dutch at maracaibo so I dont know how you get the idea durch nation has enough players

From devs. When they showed the numbers that looked in in each nation. As I remember Dutch had about 240 and dane 220. Since Dutch have got Havoc an Dane Exile, so think we should have dips on all new players.

Edit:

But ofc wrong to say enough players, think most nation can use more players, just that we need them more.

Edited by staun

45 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

Can't wait to see that.  Having particular landmarks showing on the map will be greatly appreciated. That's what I used when I was a young sailor and we were approaching the coast, it was also used to re-calibrate the estimated position of the ship (before the satellite navigation took over).

Do we have any landmarks? What are you trying to show on the map?

Edited by Project Pluto

2 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

@admin, do you not have concerns regarding building a mint?  I'm thinking of real world issues where nations print too much money and develop massive inflation...Too real?

It depends (in the game) on the availability of resource that will be used to craft money and on the cost for crafting. 

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

Anybody can tell where KPR is from a distance because of that hill.  If the Devs ever get a chance...easily recognisable landmarks, buildings, lighthouses, etc would be an amazing feature.  I know from real world experience that you start to recognize various features and buildings in a short time and it gives a feeling of security to know where you are precisely because of that little church on the hill...

• Like 2

We need a banking system. It could be national or maybe even clan based. If clan based, I could deposit money in the Bank of XYZ Clan and anywhere there was a branch of that bank I could withdraw funds. I like the "no more magic wallet" you should have to carry funds with you. 

Fair sailing, have to get back to work.

Will this money be real and tangible? Like a gold doubloons item? I think that could be interesting, if you want to buy something you must bring the gold with you, without instant money orders across the map. Could encourage pvp and make merchant raiding more interesting

Edited by Capt Aerobane

Remove the magic wallet...    ok now consider this...  you teleport to an outpost to put up a contract...  oh wait...     You tp to that freetown to meet up with a new player selling an upgrade..   oh wait...

I think the impact of removing the magic wallet will need a lot more thought...

Edited by SKurj
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Remove the magic wallet...    ok now consider this...  you teleport to an outpost to put up a contract...  oh wait...     You tp to that freetown to meet up with a new player selling an upgrade..   oh wait...

I think the impact of removing the magic wallet will need a lot more thought...

Yep ... I have the impression that the brand new "encourage PVP" great ideas that we read every day on this forum at the end will kill the game instead of more players.

But hey ... it's just a game. 

Edited by victor
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, victor said:

Yep ... I have the impression that the brand new "encourage PVP" great ideas that we read every day on this forum at the end will kill the game instead of more players.

But hey ... it's just a game. 

This idea isn't brand new lmao I've been thinking this since day 1 of the first open world test.

anyways you are right it could be disasterous, it would have to be thought out carefully.

Edited by Capt Aerobane

On 4/19/2018 at 9:05 PM, admin said:

Old legacy coins and ingots removal

• Current Gold Coins and Silver Coins will be removed from game (you can start dumping them or use for craft if you have huge stocks) and stocks left will be compensated at denominated prices
  • Current gold ingots and silver ingots will be removed from game and mines will be removed (and building costs compensated

But Silver and Gold remain in game? Or not? Only Coins and Ingots are going to be removed right?

While I think having folks carry money is a good thing, I'm not sure it will work if it has to happen for all transactions. There's a reason credit was created and used by this time. I'm not sure how credit could be implented in game. 

• Like 4

Not gonna lie, this sounds pretty sweet. This is gonna be big if it works. What a step, I feel like the game is finally coming to a near finish after all these years.
I hope devs plan ahead incase something goes wrong. Economy change in particular, while I do think this will be much better in the longer term, there's content to be put around this change to make it strong. This update will either spread people out more around the map or squeeze them in even tighter.

Although we can correlate strong economies to OW traffic, it may not be how we expect with people doing mass haulings of goods and materials to far away ports for economical reasons only. Really, how much money can you make selling ships not in the most populated areas where a large concentration of players are consuming them? No traffic, no pvp.

If I could suggest something here...expand on the patrol idea. Put objectives up and down every coast in a spatial manner, give them a reward for patrolling around these areas. I see you're already kind of doing this with the post-master and commander mission list for new players, it would be great if you created more ow pvp initiative and give something to fight for. Swarming and locking down ports is fun, don't get me wrong, but I wish there was more of a dispatch like mission an admiralty would give to it's captains for pvp.

It feels like I'm really missing out as an OW pvper when there's no guide to what I'm suppose to be doing. Of course being in a clan you always have the opportunity to craft, pve and do pbs with which gives something to do even when there is no pvp going on. 

But unless you have a clan to do PBs with, there is nothing gained or lost from ow pvp besides the prize from the ship. I know it's probably unrealistic to expect anything decisive over ow hunting like pbs, but there has to be some kind of value to going out and looking for pvp that's not 100% greed based. I want to fight other willing participants, not gank or get caught in a gank. It's boring. 

I want to have stand your ground type battles regularly on the OW, ones that reward me for putting my ship on the line for a good fight like patrol missions do, but not so stuck in one area of the map, and maybe show the influence a nation has on the map like loose borders or a heat map. This could be justified by battle reports over time which could be free knowledge to benefit from. 

This is just one thing that would help the spreading out of the economy and traffic on OW, paired with eco changes OW may be lively again even though population is lower than it use to be. Who knows if it will make the population grow, but it will definitely make current population easier to bear. Which overall is good for the game and everyone who plays. :)

What's the E.T.A of UI patch? week? month? Tell us!

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1