Game-Labs Forum

Next big patches: Real currency and Open world user interface update

Some EA games wipe all the time, especially at major updates 😎 I remember one dev saying in one of the podcasts that he likes to remember the players, via development phase wipes, that the game is not released and under development. He chuckled in a teasing trollish way but the truth is they wipe a lot anyway, so everything as intended.

NA is not that game but is also under development and on EA. We testing and we know that eventually only rank and craft level are safe. So better get used to the idea that everything might be... on borrowed time. Tic tac...tic tac...

• Like 1

Just now, SadisticDentist said:

Yes and it is good a total reset it is a must.and i mean a total reset xp and rank also.

You can ALSO do it yourself to test some odd ends or different playstyles :)

Delete character, create new.

• Like 1

I don’t mind the long times between patches I just wish they gave better status updates.  How’s the UI stuff going?  Why is it taking so long?  Is paints every going to return?  What should we expect?  How can we better prepare for the changes?

#SOON

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 3

Maybe if the devs make all the updates (economy, crafting and misions), bring another DLC (Flags and maybe more outpost) and even more changes at same time (more ships, more mechanics, a better UI, new nation (?),...) the players won't care about a released game's wipe.

Edited by SirAlatriste
  • Like 2

So I been slacking on my normally Monday question of this. 

@admin @Ink

any update on how the patch is going?  Any ruff ETA?  Like maybe next week end of the month next year?  Is there any thing we can do to get ready?  Anything that can help get the patch finished sooner?  What causing the hold up?  We would be better understanding if we got some feedback other than.

#SOON

5 months since you made this pos is a long time with little to no feed back or updates.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

44 minutes ago, SadisticDentist said:

Xp and rank are safe if a wipe comes?And all skills and skillbooks?

On 8/14/2018 at 4:17 PM, admin said:

Rank xp, crafting xp is safe and guaranteed
Money, resources, upgrades owned and probably ships will definitely get wiped - some ships might get provided as a head start (including Pandora free DLC)
The rest (ship xp, books, skills, etc) wipe status is unknown and will depend on the multiple factors.

Expect the worst

Date unknown. Localization will take some time as well.