Game-Labs Forum

Next big patches: Real currency and Open world user interface update

11 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Yep forgot about that, which should be things they could do with a hotfix instead of waiting for 'THE BIG PATCH."

At least we will have duels! So no more DLC patrol zone because everybody will use their DLC ships in duel room, and hopefully only there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Batman said:

At least we will have duels! So no more DLC patrol zone because everybody will use their DLC ships in duel room, and hopefully only there.

I don't duel so this might be a good thing if they all go off to the in game NA:L...I mean DUEL ROOMS.

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:08 PM, admin said:

its very tempting. but we talked to several players we trust who craft A LOT and opinions are mixed.
but its indeed tempting. Rob a player - carry gold to port, no more magic wallet.

Maybe an alternative idea would be to make it like an old game I used to play:

If you successfully board an enemy (Which is already registered in chat) why not allow the boarding player to steal 10% (or any percentage) of gold from the player, this would make boarding more interesting as well as giving some additional rewards. Alongside this you could also lower the battle rewards to make boarding more important, as boarding and prize ships were the main source of income for privateers, pirates and naval officers.

Just a suggestion as to what Admin said here but with a twist

Abraham

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Abraham van Riebeeck said:

If you successfully board an enemy (Which is already registered in chat) why not allow the boarding player to steal 10% (or any percentage) of gold from the player, this would make boarding more interesting as well as giving some additional rewards. Alongside this you could also lower the battle rewards to make boarding more important, as boarding and prize ships were the main source of income for privateers, pirates and naval officers.

Abraham

Possible work around: Have a dedicated Alt account for storing money.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

@admin @Ink end of month/start of a new month this week.  Are we getting any closer to actually getting this patched deployed if not can we get a hot fix for the bugs in game and balance of shallow ships why we wait?

#soon

#patchlivesmater

Take a break until patch deploys. You have no idea what freedom feels like 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Abraham van Riebeeck said:

Abraham

You played Seafight, mate. 

6 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

Take a break until patch deploys. You have no idea what freedom feels like 

Believe me I been playing other games, but there is no reason they Devs even more after they got us  to buy a bunch of DLC's can't give us a weekly update of what is going on with the game.  Every company I ever tested for gave you updates at least monthly if not weekly and if there was a delay they would give you a reason why.   Simple stuff like still working on code, chasing bugs, we don't have a clue what we are doing this week would be better than the silence they give us, cause for all we know the patch will drop......

#SOON

#NEWPATCH2019ORBUST

#WHYNOHOTFIX?

#WHYNOBALANCE?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

they got us  to buy a bunch of DLC's

No they didn't. You all chose to buy that broken ship. I didn't because I don't believe in pre launch dlcs and P2W ships. Just imagine if you all did what I do? We would have our balance and not P2W ships. EA would be broke etc. Do you all think about what you're doing? You are unhappy with the devs but give them 30 euros for 2 ships. Makes sense...... 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

No they didn't. You all chose to buy that broken ship. I didn't because I don't believe in pre launch dlcs and P2W ships. Just imagine if you all did what I do? We would have our balance and not P2W ships. EA would be broke etc. Do you all think about what you're doing? You are unhappy with the devs but give them 30 euros for 2 ships. Makes sense...... 

Well, sadly the current options are: Buy DLC le trolquin to have a chance in PB or leave the game at all. DLC ships are present on OW like a disease, farming noobs in non-premium ships and even for PB the current strategy is to bring more trolquins than the enemy to win.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

Well, sadly the current options are: Buy DLC le trolquin to have a chance in PB or leave the game at all. DLC ships are present on OW like a disease, farming noobs in non-premium ships and even for PB the current strategy is to bring more trolquins than the enemy to win.

He prob doesn't even play the game any more, every time something happens he doesn't like he stop playing like most of the grumpy old vets.  I bought it to test them and such not to be OP.  I have made my share of reports of what needs to be changed and the Devs know, they are just being lazy and not doing a hot fix to fix the problem instead they keep saying wait the patch will be out #soon.

So really @Ink @admin why do ya'll keep avoiding giving us some update as to when #soon will be cause well July is over and it's about to be a new month.  ARe we going to get the balance and bug fix by the end of August?  Should folks stop playing cause the game is broken?   Should we sale all our econ stuff that needs to go cause a patch will be hitting #soon?  I  mean lack of info is exactly why ya'll keep getting bad reviews.  We aren't asking you to lock down a time when the patch will drop, ware are just asking for an update of what is going on.  Why the delay?  A simple we are still having problems with coding or want to add in something extra so it will be another week or so will be better than avoiding the topic.  Specially when we have game bugs that need to be fixed and a very bad game breaking balance issue you aren't addressing.

PS #makepaintsgreatagain

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

He prob doesn't even play the game any more, every time something happens he doesn't like he stop playing like most of the grumpy old vets.  I bought it to test them and such not to be OP.  I have made my share of reports of what needs to be changed and the Devs know, they are just being lazy and not doing a hot fix to fix the problem instead they keep saying wait the patch will be out #soon.

I'm so sorry I have a job and live in a hotel 5 days a week and only have time to play 1 or 2 hours a week. Just come duel me and check out how rusty I am. 

15 hours ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

I know, that's the very definition of P2W. Tell me. If the requin ruins pvp. Why would you buy it to be competitive in something that is not even fun? You enjoy meta requin port battles? No offense man but this community makes no sense to me. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I'm so sorry I have a job and live in a hotel 5 days a week and only have time to play 1 or 2 hours a week. Just come duel me and check out how rusty I am. 

Wow a honest answer to why you haven't been playing as much instead of every thing I seen you post over the past as to why your not playing.  Hay real life is more important than a game.  I'm working a new job 3rd shift (back into the oilfield sector where I was laid off from 3 years ago) and it keeps me from the game during mos of the prime time on weekends, but I still pop on and do econ and such like that. 

Oh and sorry I don't do duels cause I don't need to stroke my ego and bully folks that aren't as good as me.  Unless you want to do it proper, you challenged me so I get to pick?  Mortar Brigs, pick a port with a fort and see who can get the fastest time destroying it?  Since we both are busy we can get video submitence of our time.  I mean you challenged me so I get to pick the conditions cause that is how duels worked in real life.

2 hours ago, springby said:

Just wanted to say that we must not forget that this is still an early access alpha title and as such devs are not forced or obligated to update game on a regular basis or give playerbase certain deadlines. We players are here to test, thats it. The fact that we enjoy to play the game is a side bonus. The fact that we are being warned about upcomming wipes and so on is also a sidebonus, dev dont have to do this. Reviews at this point is irrelevant, once the game reach release status we will see many YouTube's titled "so they fixed naval action" and similar. 

Have faith keep feedback, keep f11, keep suggest

edit: fixed typos (did the post on my phone while riding the bus that btw didnt have ANY aircondition or windows capable of opening! meltdown)

No one is asking for a deadline, we are asking for update on progress is all.  Ever game I have Alpha in the past gave the testers progresses reports updates at least monthly, but they also gave us goals of what to test between each patches too.  I'm fine if the patch takes another month or two or year, but let us know there is going to be a delay or it's coming along but we are adding these new features so more will come. 

Now the problem is they have some major balance issues they keep saying will be fixed next patch, until they are fixed they are turning players off from the game.  Those balance issues should be hot fixed while the rest of the patch is taking it's time to get ready.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Le Raf Boom said:

I think admin just drops a bomb here and there to detract people from asking about the status of THE patch, kind of like this thing here :)

We actually think they have hit a big wall with the menus for the new UI that might be very game breaking performance wise. This is why I keep asking for an update of what is going on.  Just let us know your having problems and working on it and than hand us all a paint chest each week it doesn't come out to keep us shut up.   I see that as a Win Win situation.

• Like 1

@admin

I know no date was attached to when this the partial wipe and then the currency deployment would occur, but if you’ve hit a snag or wall meaning it will take longer could we have a comment?

I’ve pushed for you and the team to re-write and update this POST currency roll out and the POST on partial materials wipe you made.

There is no issue if you’ve hit a problem and it will take longer. However, by no new information just breads more GRIND within the testers...

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 1

@Louis Garneray

I cannot argue at all with your statement. I’ve posted a few times the inconsonance of the Dev’s POSTs conflicting with each and need for a re-write. The other major complainant I have is @admin replying to players in POSTs with additional input. This is not keeping players in touch...

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1445816552

My post really was just come out and say “We’ve hit a bump, and its taking longer than we thought...”. The lack of feedback just drives up the players GRIND levels. The POST about w/e Tournament additions again doesn’t help...

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26505-we-duel-tournament-a-doubled-edged-sword-or-the-birth-of-a-legend/?tab=comments#comment-568158

Trying not to sound like a wh/ny bitch, but I’m sounding more like Mrs. nChance every day...

Norfolk.

• Like 1

Ok first i must tell i really like what is coming, however.

- New building. Are the devs planning in increasing the slots available for the players or are you forcing us all to buy the DLC?

- And nothing about that 2 little bastards?  Maybe should consider in chaging the Doubloons , Real, Eight,  for Mastercard, Visa, Paypal.  😜