Game-Labs Forum

Next big patches: Real currency and Open world user interface update

1 hour ago, AeRoTR said:

I feel like crafting big ships will cost much more.

I also need to loudly voice. Some crafter and traders I know which are one of the best and most experienced, are not optimistic about incoming changes, which are the economy changes and magic wallet disappearance. So I know they are considering quiting this game, they started to look for a candidate already.

I do understand developers ambition about all for PVP, I like pvp. But some traders, crafters are backbone of this game, they make the limited economy of this game “keep going”.

I trust in developers, they are still able to unleash the full potential of this game. I feel current state is only about %30.

I clearly missed something in the preceding thread as I was under the impression that the current change involved re-denomination only and not loss of the magic wallet,  the latter being a point of discussion only.

Regarding the wallet I sell ships and resources and don't have a problem with losing it, provided it is packaged with some changes to make thing actually work.  I've adapted my merchant activity to the game as it is an I anticipate adapting to that. 

But @admin might want to wade in and clarify what is actually intended in the near term change.  Loss of the magic wallet is not the impression I would get from looking at the short versions of the announcements on Steam.

Edited by Marcus Corvus

3 hours ago, AeRoTR said:

I feel like crafting big ships will cost much more.

I wish 1st rates crafting gets really difficult for everyone, regardless of being a big or small clan. We are talking about fleet capital ships and these don't grow in trees.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim Tiberius said:

I wish 1st rates crafting gets really difficult for everyone, regardless of being a big or small clan. We are talking about fleet capital ships and these don't grow in trees.

no they are made of trees and that counts for every ship...

and i agree,but

atm it is really too easy to make any ship..

it should be possible to make great pumps of sail of whatever is needed to make a one of a kind ship , now every ship is the same (only wood type)

that should not be the case.

(in the old days) speed and armor is not the only factor what's decisive for a  ship  in the battle doing battle

what about more type of guns old crew or new , veterans of noob screw  great officers of just mediocre officers 

things we need to make a captain great or bad from the start ,it is now to easy to just give bird to a ship 

its to easy. the effort to make a ship should be to make a one of a kind whatever the build is bad or super..

• Like 1

It is always a balance between realisme and gameplay. I do honnestly belive ships, and all size should be possible to craft for all players, otherwise we just loose more player ore they don’t take there ships out.

Edited by staun

13 minutes ago, staun said:

It is always a balance between realisme and gameplay. I do honnestly belive ships, and all size should be possible to craft for all players, otherwise we just loose more player ore they don’t take there ships out.

Consider this:

I have three 1st rates and the capability of building an additional two.  If I decided to spend half of my money I will be able to buy an additional three 1st rates, making a total of eight ships.

This was accomplished in 800 hours gameplay, without the help of a clan. To me it looks a lot, and the means of achieving it is in the game for anyone playing today.

I totally understand your concern about losing more players, this is something no one wants, but lets also consider the use of a 1st rate ship. This is not a ship you can take out for a spin and do some pvp or hunt AI fleets in open world casually.

I'm not a port battle player, can't sail well in a fleet. I've been in hostility missions sailing 1st rate, and found odd to have full fleets of 1st rates in both sides firing at each other from distance.

Edited by Jim Tiberius
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jim Tiberius said:

Consider this:

I have three 1st rates and the capability of building an additional two.  If I decided to spend half of my money I will be able to buy an additional three 1st rates, making a total of eight ships.

This was accomplished in 800 hours gameplay, without the help of a clan. To me it looks a lot, and the means of achieving it is in the game for anyone playing today.

I totally understand your concern about losing more players, this is something no one wants, but lets also consider the use of a 1st rate ship. This is not a ship you can take out for a spin and do some pvp or hunt AI fleets in open world casually.

But 1 rate are important for RvR. If you can’t replace the one you lost, well then you can’t realy fight the enemy. We had the problem when only top nations got VM. They could come in 1 rate, we could come in 2 rate, so no reason to show up, because we just would be blow out of the sea. So no show equal to no contend.

I give you another example. In general you can build a ship a day. Lets be honnest to buy a store ship, thats just crap to take to a PvP fight, so do we realy want to limit players to maybe one fight a day. The more expensive ships, the less a lot of players are ready to risk it.

On 4/28/2018 at 8:08 AM, Slim McSauce said:

If it was done right it could be very cool and realistic. Ball production shouldn't rely on player crafting. It should be done on the most part by AI in ports, same with gunpowder. It's not like the people IN the port aren't producing all that stuff already.

Sorry for the late response in this one.

There is a game mechanic which can be used, up to the players to say if they would like or not off course. If the ammo you are carrying ends you still could fire cannons, but at a much, much higher reload time. I've seen this somewhere, just don't recall right now.

This way one doesn't become "dead in the water" when ammo ends.

4 minutes ago, staun said:

But 1 rate are important for RvR. If you can’t replace the one you lost, well then you can’t realy fight the enemy. We had the problem when only top nations got VM. They could come in 1 rate, we could come in 2 rate, so no reason to show up, because we just would be blow out of the sea. So no show equal to no contend.

I give you another example. In general you can build a ship a day. Lets be honnest to buy a store ship, thats just crap to take to a PvP fight, so do we realy want to limit players to maybe one fight a day. The more expensive ships, the less a lot of players are ready to risk it.

Not an easy discussion for sure.

I've seen the other day some guys saying "let's not use 1st rates in patrol zones please", so we got be careful as sky is the limit here.

Might be a topic to explore better later.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Include Crew damage. If possible.

and sail damage, it's sad to watch two low level guys or just normal guys in small ships do all the hard work keeping ships in a fight and taking down sails cause they can't pen a ship or they decrew and only to have some one higher rank or bigger ship come and get the kill cause they do more hull damage even though the little guy keep a ship tagged and slow down or even removed most of the crew.  I even boarded a ship I did crew and sail damage to and didn't get the kill cause some one went next to it and did more hull damage while I was in boarding to the ship.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

and sail damage, it's sad to watch two low level guys or just normal guys in small ships do all the hard work keeping ships in a fight and taking down sails cause they can't pen a ship or they decrew and only to have some one higher rank or bigger ship come and get the kill cause they do more hull damage even though the little guy keep a ship tagged and slow down or even removed most of the crew.  I even boarded a ship I did crew and sail damage to and didn't get the kill cause some one went next to it and did more hull damage while I was in boarding to the ship.

Maybe they should change how the damage is calculated much like it is in pvp zones/missions so every bit of damage done from hull to crew to sails also inc modules,

that way when it’s a team kill everyone gets there share of the reward?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

and sail damage, it's sad to watch two low level guys or just normal guys in small ships do all the hard work keeping ships in a fight and taking down sails cause they can't pen a ship or they decrew and only to have some one higher rank or bigger ship come and get the kill cause they do more hull damage even though the little guy keep a ship tagged and slow down or even removed most of the crew.  

all damage is included in assist or kill calculation

• crew (15 damage per crew member)
  • hull
  • sails

XP is granted for pure numbers. Damage = certain xp for every 1 damage dealt.

Marks are split according to damage percentages, to completely remove kill stealing (prevalent in other games)
So if you only kill 1 crew on a ship (doing no other damage whatsoever) and target ends up dead (for example through surrender and sank later), and no-one else did any damage on the target you get all marks. Same with sails. 

So in your example if the little guy, allegedly, removed most of the crew doing nothing else - he would get at least 20% of marks because most of the crew means or equals almost half of the planking in damage. For example killing 700 men on a Santi = 10500 pure damage

I will also change the threshold of minimum damage required to get the marks as this limit can be considered outdated. (currently it is at 10% of the group damage) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, admin said:

crew (15 damage per crew member)

I would suggest to increase it to 25 damage per crew, as well as drastically increase damage for sails.

Reason - killing 500 crew in Santi is harder than lowering one side to 50% and gives a more significant advantage in battle. 

Killing sails is now also critical and requires more skill with limited chain. 

During battles usually everyone tries to kill sides, while people who are asked to chain and rake feel they are missing out on rewards. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, vazco said:

There should be also some reward for leaks which sink the ship. 

You get the kill in that case :) been there, on both ends. On one didn't even have damage. Was sunk by leaks, enemy got the kill and marks for sure.

27 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

You get the kill in that case :) been there, on both ends. On one didn't even have damage. Was sunk by leaks, enemy got the kill and marks for sure.

That works if you were the only one damaging this ship. I think that if someone takes down eg. 4 bars of armour and you only put in 20 leaks with no damage, you get almost no PvP marks though (it happened to me twice).

Edited by vazco
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Anne Wildcat said:

I like the idea of having to have to sail around with your gold if you want to buy something, and losing it if you sink, but also being able to keep money in a warehouse for safety. 

People would just Rage quit on the spot. 

• Like 4

On 5/7/2018 at 12:46 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

I even boarded a ship I did crew and sail damage to and didn't get the kill cause some one went next to it and did more hull damage while I was in boarding to the ship.

Giving pvp rewards for killing the player would settle that issue instead of only rewards for sinking the ship.