Game-Labs Forum

Hercules ship feedback

2 minutes ago, Polish Privateer said:

I would if I had the Herc DLC :P Unless someone has the Herc Note to spare.

So you know the power of the herc without having sailed it? 

I'm always open for duels without having to prove something on the internet. I'd love to fight in whatever ship because I'm desperately behind on my practice.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jodgi said:

I know. I have the herc but haven't used it because it would be OW hunting easy mode.

Just curious how hopeless a trinco captain would have to be to lose to a herc...

Or is @RedNeckMilkMan right?

Crew isn't the be all end all. Herc turns circles around the trinc, outsails the trinc and has a great gun loadout. It's the ultimate stern camper. 

The Trinc is essentially a worse sailing Endy with 1 more gun per side, and 4 bow chasers instead of stern guns. More than anything it depends on the captains.

Indefat is still king of the 5th rates. Nothing beats that rapid reload and armor/speed combo.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan
  • Like 1

First: review her sail plan forces and angles. She seems extremely good at all.

Second: acceleration/deceleration - she strikes me as even better than the Snow at times

Third: turning speed - not so much bleeding, but then she is not a lengthy ship with a shallow keel, not sure on this.

Her 18 pounders were used in the River Plate against the Spanish colonial fleet but during the raiding campaign in the Pacific she probably didn't have them.

All in all she is not OP but can be very unbalanced. The Cerberus, Renomee, Surprise, are fairly commonly outclassed by her. ( barely see any being used nowadays with good reason ) 

She is a do-it-all nice corvette that requires almost no economy game requirements BUT benefits from being able to be redeemed using "rare" woods that cannot be produced - instant teak/cedar/livewhite oaks delivery.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Your all wrong, I'm right kind of attitude.

Brilliant conclusion to how herc is not op.

Sail plans turning speed and acceleration isn't what makes it op. It's a shallow ship so it's expected to be good in those areas.

However if your going to review it at least include how it's armour is op af. With its cannons. Not unbalanced , op, op, op. Just actually read the comments.

It's to powerful as a shallow ship.

Get rid while you can.

I just fought a herc with my frigate. The herc's captain new his business and must have had a few really good mods on the ship. I was finally sunk.

Afterall it seems that the herc is in the same class as the frig in battle, which is a bit too much for a shallow water ship.

I would reduce the hitpoints of that ship by a third, so something in the direction of glass cannon.  With the firepower she will still be superior to the other shallow ships, but not to a frigate.

• 4 weeks later...

I will say the Herc is too good, currently with the way the Req and Herc are implemented it is for $10 USD you get an unlimited dura ship that costs about 4k Reals to get kitted out again...that is what makes it OP and the 24 hour cool down mean bugger all. 

• Like 1

Can developers clarify their plan for DLC ships on release, please?

Don't want to waste my time in this game if they are going to stay as they are.

Introduction of Wasa in her previous state and keeping it like that was a terrible experience,  DLC Hercules even worse.

Edited by Ellias
  • Like 1

Lost a Santi once to two Hercs. I demasted them a few times but was not able to get back to them fast enough to sink them. Also their masts hitbox is very thinn and hard to hit. They graped my crew down so i would not had any chance in boarding due to low morale, then simply hugged the side an removed my 13k hitpoints plus structure without me beeing able to even hit them :(

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:53 PM, Durin said:

Lost a Santi once to two Hercs. I demasted them a few times but was not able to get back to them fast enough to sink them. Also their masts hitbox is very thinn and hard to hit. They graped my crew down so i would not had any chance in boarding due to low morale, then simply hugged the side an removed my 13k hitpoints plus structure without me beeing able to even hit them :(

You only lost because they are Herc? Would 2 trincomalee not be able to do the same? 

Low hitbox on mast, yeth you managed to demast them a few times.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 5:56 PM, Durin said:

If DLC ships where redeemable once a month it would be ok, but every day? doesnt feel right.

I lose a ship a day on average, what value would 1 a month have. Isent that just the same as saying no Dlc ship in the game?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's not that hard for me to understand that the Dev's need to pay bills and I for one like the DLC ships. I don't think they are to OP. Have seen the Herc and Req both die in fires more than once and have also seen people kill others with just a snow. If it was really OP you would see a lot more of them. It's a great way for people that might only have an hour or two a day to play to jump on and enjoy the game. 

1 hour ago, John Parker said:

It's not that hard for me to understand that the Dev's need to pay bills and I for one like the DLC ships. I don't think they are to OP. Have seen the Herc and Req both die in fires more than once and have also seen people kill others with just a snow. If it was really OP you would see a lot more of them. It's a great way for people that might only have an hour or two a day to play to jump on and enjoy the game. 

The problem isn't the ships are OP stat wise (currently at least, requin and herc used to be OP tho) the problem is that they are 100% free every 24 hours, and in any wood type desired. This makes them super OP in any war of attrition, for just for wearing down the enemy. Clan without DLC ships is going to really struggle against a clan with them because even if they inflict 5 to 1 losses on the enemy, they will run out of quality ships first. You could spend hours or weeks setting up the resources to craft 10 good 4th rates, 5 guys with DLC can do it in two days with 0 cost except the cannons. And every single day they can launch a full fleet of them at you in a suicidal attack, and even if they only kill 1 of your ships each time and you sink every last one every time they try it, you will lose in the end.

On 1/19/2019 at 9:04 AM, staun said:

You only lost because they are Herc? Would 2 trincomalee not be able to do the same? 

Low hitbox on mast, yeth you managed to demast them a few times.

If they had been trincomalees, those players would have had skin in the game. They would have risked losing ships worth at least 400,000 reals each. When demasted, they might have repped sails and tried to flee to preserve their ships. By attacking with hercs they risked nothing. It was physically impossible for them to truly lose, the best the santi could do is a stalemate (no losses on either side) by sinking them. Sinking the hercs would have meant nothing. Shooting a DLC ship is like shooting at water. So the DLC lets players inflict devastating losses on the enemy like losing a lineship while risking absolutely nothing in exchange. Its like playing poker but one player is playing with monopoly money and the other with real currency. better analogy, its like letting people bet on races with monopoly money but take home real money if they win.

Edited by Capt Aerobane