Game-Labs Forum

Hercules ship feedback

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

80 BR is ridiculous. It's sailing profile is bonkers too for the armor weight, loadout:

\

Its a one time gift ship. The ship is fine. It's a great ship and will remain great. 80 BR is a number that is given to light ships so they can enter both shallow and deep water battles.

Once other options for getting it will appear - they will be prohibitively expensive turning this vessel more to a status and power symbol. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, admin said:

Its a one time gift ship. The ship is fine. It's a great ship and will remain great. 80 BR is a number that is given to light ships so they can enter both shallow and deep water battles.

Once other options for getting it will appear - they will be prohibitively expensive turning this vessel more to a status and power symbol. 

Admin, can you please give duras to this beautiful beast? At least temporarily?

3 hours ago, admin said:

As mention in the other thread if this is a one time gift the ships should not be so random RNG.  I seen one guy with a purple ship and thoguht cool it's a rare, but than some one posted a blue no perk ship.  Sorry for how hard the mission is and rare the ship will be since it's a prem ship it should auto have Purple or Gold stats.

• Like 4

Did sail her unperked and unequipped. No RNG refits, simple woods.

She accelerates very fast. I'd say too fast. Especially with depowering and recovering from it she just picks up like a springboard. Even with the great jib sail plan it feels too much.

Turning didn't feel strange, she has good control, very fine trim and can wear very tight. Tack is slow but she is a very heavy 6th rate. She can do a full 180º wear and back  in a LGV length radius if finely trimmed by the captain. ( still that foremast...has something odd... ). Noticed something odd with the foremast authority compared to the aft mast but will try to record a video, hard to explain. 

The rudder authority feels delayed but could be that she was tested without any upgrade.

Interesting enough the broadsides work better in Random as opposed to the rolling due to the main gun deck battery placement.

Overall very pleased with the ship. Model looks fine, the amount of crew increase pays justice.

Tried out the ship, very nice in my opinion. The only "problem" i have with it is that at times it heels so much that the lower deck gets below the water line (showing red X in the gun slot, suprisingly not taking in water), don't know if this is WAD or not tho. Could also maybe use a bump in crew, and maybe take the Cerberus down to 6th rate where it historically belongs since it now has a match in the class.

• Like 1

Now that the Hercules got 200 crew, I definatly don't see the point with the Cerberus being a 5th rate, they are close in every stat and Hercules is better in some. The Cerberus was a 6th rate historically and at the moment don't really seem to have a place in the game where she gets used alot. To me the Hercules and Cerberus should be what the Trincomalee and Indefatigable are for 5th rates, but for the 6th rates.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, The Marinadtor said:

Now that the Hercules got 200 crew, I definatly don't see the point with the Cerberus being a 5th rate, they are close in every stat and Hercules is better in some. The Cerberus was a 6th rate historically and at the moment don't really seem to have a place in the game where she gets used alot. To me the Hercules and Cerberus should be what the Trincomalee and Indefatigable are for 5th rates, but for the 6th rates.

We don't want powercreep for light ship battles, rattlers eclipse everything else as is and adding the Cerberus will make it worse

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Capt Aerobane said:

We don't want powercreep for light ship battles, rattlers eclipse everything else as is and adding the Cerberus will make it worse

If anything the Cerberus would be an equaliser now that the Hercules will wreck everything. Just like there are tiers for the 5th, 4th, 3rd and 1st rates there should be tiers in 6th rates I think.

4 minutes ago, The Marinadtor said:

If anything the Cerberus would be an equaliser now that the Hercules will wreck everything. Just like there are tiers for the 5th, 4th, 3rd and 1st rates there should be tiers in 6th rates I think.

i don't think the herc will be a problem because it's so rare.

if you see someone using one in a PB focus on sinking that player and boom you dont have to worry about them on a herc ever again as it is completely irreplaceable and can't be traded.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

Testing the ship, it seems to be pretty sluggish and hard to steer. Turn rate is ok, but manual sailing turning is not very effective compared to rattlesnakes, mercuries, snows etc. Even Cerberus seems to feel better and it's a bigger ship. The requirement for gunnery crew is very high, but I will test different setups and check results (ship might need some more extra crew, but will try to put hammocks + lightship hammocks for test). 

There is one potential bug. Mixing longs (bottom) + carros on top can screw up aim totally. Carronades are shooting super high into the air. Probably same old bug like Renomee in NAL and some other old ships in NA. I remember that kind of bug happening through the past 3 years on many ships, basically when mixing carros + longs.

Santisima has this problem, if you do not aim at very the level of water when you shoot against an enemy while both carronades and a deck of longs are loaded, longs hit correctly while carronades shoot at the sky.

Edited by victor

1 hour ago, The Marinadtor said:

Udm8rK-TQ4WDpD-XBSqcTA.png

Thanks, and I official got the dang mission done on the alt.  Sad when your lowest level char can do an elite mission you can't finish...lol  He would us this ship way more than other chars, that is why it being none tradeable is kinda sucky.  

Man that is a odd set up, wonder if running all longs 6's would be best on the middle and top, than run the 18 lbrs as bonus to them.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Man that is a odd set up, wonder if running all longs 6's would be best on the middle and top, than run the 18 lbrs as bonus to them.

Full 9's balances crew needs and output broadside weight. Fitted for extra crew ( did not get any extra refit on mine, plain ship ) she gets all stations okay.

The alpha of the top guns, if equipped, will pay off against a oblivious clueless opponent.

Full 6 pounders she is a fine raider with the sail plan to pay off for the trade off of shot weight and to get her out of trouble if needed, not guaranteed though.

As much as I'd love to have given feedback on this ship, I was jumped before I could even try using it in a PvE mission (as a test run) and lost it to a Trincomalee. Typical of my sort of luck, really; here, have a one of a kind ship you won't be able to get again! Oh look, you've lost it.

Edited by Rikard Frederiksen
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Rikard Frederiksen said:

here, have a one of a kind ship you won't be able to get again! Oh look, you've lost it.

@admin already said there will be another way to get this ship introduced prob in next patch.

8 hours ago, Joernson said:

@admin already said there will be another way to get this ship introduced prob in next patch.

He also said it would be prohibitively expensive, so I wouldnt hold out hope of getting one soon.

But this example reinforces my point as to why there is a requirement for a safe area to test newbuilds out. It doesnt need to give xp or loot but allow someone get the feel for a vessel they have not sailed before or to try different gun loadouts. 

• Like 1