Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch 23. Hercules, Tutorial and Map teaser

Just now, Fenris said:

Over 4000 hours since 2016 :)

Quick action is provided...Patrol zones :ph34r:

That’s quite a lot, and I simply don’t have that much time for it :)

Yeah, but I first have to get there.

Maybe some „intel“ what’s going on in the surrounding of the battleinstance would really help to get a feeling if there is some threat closing in.

If you hate missions maybe you could change those to be more realistic?

3 cancels per day is acceptable. Current missions feel unrealistic but are easy to play when your real life is too busy.

How about new mission type, "Search and Destroy" ?

You have to sail to area and search enemy fleet and destroy it? Targets could be outside green zones.

Or capture traders?

Include hostility to this? Destroy enemy ships in specific area to cause hostility, without X on map.

Destroy enemy convoy that sails from port A to B?

The simple missions that we have now provide less XP and Gold than more "complicated" missions?

Instead of removing missions, maybe there could be more mission types that are more realistic at the same time?  And those could be outside green zones.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

If you hate missions maybe you could change those to be more realistic?

3 cancels per day is acceptable. Current missions feel unrealistic but are easy to play when your real life is too busy.

How about new mission type, "Search and Destroy" ?

You have to sail to area and search enemy fleet and destroy it? Targets could be outside green zones.

Or capture traders?

Include hostility to this? Destroy enemy ships in specific area to cause hostility, without X on map.

Destroy enemy convoy that sails from port A to B?

The simple missions that we have now provide less XP and Gold than more "complicated" missions?

Instead of removing missions, maybe there could be more mission types that are more realistic at the same time?  And those could be outside green zones.

I think this is the best post in this thread. Add content, don't remove something and not replace it with something else.

1 hour ago, admin said:

But let me ask you
Can you please explain why you are playing on the pvp server if you dont like threats on the way?

This is not a trolling question. We would like everyone who dont like threat and risk but play on the pvp server to answer.
Your answers will help us tweak marketing messages better. 

This has been answered multiple times already.  Many people who play this game like a combination of both.  PVE server is colossally boring.  I personally love going out in OW and Hunting/being hunted.  I enjoy the Patrol missions (with the exception of the 7v1 ganks).  I also run traders to pay for all my ship losses.  Good money can be made in OW but it is always an enormous relief when I reach "home" waters and can finish that particular cruise in relative safety (very realistic). I like clan activities in OW and PBs.  And finally, I like to run missions in safety in order to try new ships, gain some quick experience when I don't have a lot of time, and grind up slots.  I think you will find that many share these preferences.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Edmund Blackadder said:

The „problem“ I personally have with that change is, like stated before, that I simply don’t always have that much time to spend. With the missions we have at the moment I have the opportunity to do one or two quick missions and then go to work or do other things I have to do.

And the other thing that bothers me is, that when I do a mission I can relax, against AI I can get attacked by other players. Now don’t get me wrong, that’s not a bad thing in general, but when I attack an AI fleet and get then attacked by an player I didn’t see before in OW it’s just „unrealistic“ because I would have seen him before and at least annoying when I just want some fast action in between.

Maybe some thing could be implemented that when one is in Battleinstance he can check if there are other players in the OW near him or closing in to him. Would be helpful and not unrealistic because even in a battle I would have some guys to check if there are some other guys around me, taking into account things work much faster in game than in real life.

What you could do is get the weather gage on an ai fleet and tag it at range. In battle sail upwind until battle is closed. That way you can even attack ai at Tortue and get away with it every time.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Edmund Blackadder said:

The „problem“ I personally have with that change is, like stated before, that I simply don’t always have that much time to spend. With the missions we have at the moment I have the opportunity to do one or two quick missions and then go to work or do other things I have to do.

We dont want to waste your time of course. 
Thats why there are also 1500 bots cruising the world. And there are some chokepoints where they concentrate. 
With new tutorial where we rank up the player to M&C rank the need for light enemies becomes smaller and we can change the bot composition on the OW to provide much better options for hunting for hardcore pve fans (who dont mind some risk for occasional pvp). So you always have the choice - take a long trip for a rear admiral mission - or hunt right near harbor in some regional capital or free town. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, admin said:

We dont want to waste your time of course. 
Thats why there are also 1500 bots cruising the world. And there are some chokepoints where they concentrate. 
With new tutorial where we rank up the player to M&C rank the need for light enemies becomes smaller and we can change the bot composition on the OW to provide much better options for hunting for hardcore pve fans (who dont mind some risk for occasional pvp). 

Don’t worry sir, it’s not a waste of time since it is my decision if I want to play. I just appreciated the opportunity to do quick missions in the past.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Edmund Blackadder said:

Don’t worry sir, it’s not a waste of time since it is my decision if I want to play. I just appreciated the opportunity to do quick missions in the past.

thank you .
yes we want to keep this option and will make sure it exists.

@admin this patch is extremely promising and is enough encouragement for players to learn the combat mechanics of the game. this patch has clearly been thought out well and as long as patches keep competing with this level of improvement i will not regret my positive steam review.

good stuff

Rax

(and yes i am US now, for those trollers who love to know where i am and what i do) :))

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Problem is that engaging ai on the ow put you at risk of facing players assisting bot's side while they were not on the horizon  when the battle started.

So either make them close sooner, or make late jumpers spawn farther the later they join.

this is not a problem AI fleets offer higher reward than combat orders and therefore a risk must be included to keep said "better drops" more rare/expensive. captains knew the risks of the sea's and in truth no reward without risk. i think its fine as it is

1 minute ago, Raxius said:

this is not a problem AI fleets offer higher reward than combat orders and therefore a risk must be included to keep said "better drops" more rare/expensive. captains knew the risks of the sea's and in truth no reward without risk. i think its fine as it is

Then they maybe should never close so assistance can still join later on.

True, there should be a risk, but some information what’s going on in the surrounding would be helpful.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Edmund Blackadder said:

Then they maybe should never close so assistance can still join later on.

True, there should be a risk, but some information what’s going on in the surrounding would be helpful.

i agree, i dont see why instances dont remain open indefinately. it does 2 things stops raiders from hiding from the 3 minute rule an a whole fleet trapped outside helpless. and it will also rely on players communicating with their nation/clan to receive support in such circumstances but if this was the case then the safezone should be rank restricted and would be pointless for players who are in a clan or responsive nation. safezones would only then really help clanless and/or solo casual players ( i am not against this but i am not sure if this is the diretion the community want the game to go in).

personally i would like all battle instances to remain open it makes things interesting an every battle willl certainly contain action.