Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming Patch 23. Hercules, Tutorial and Map teaser

15 minutes ago, victor said:

AI is dumb mate. If they are not super-buffed NPC an average player will just laugh at them. A squad of two-three players enters the battle, two-one kite the NPCs and the other kills the player. This is the scenario I foresee.

Gankers should think twice about what they are doing. They will ruin their reputation on the entire server and will be known as dishonorable persons behing not worth to be called a knight of the seas! We will have an open gankers journal where names are listed every time a ganker sinks defensless players, beginners ect.
Nobody of honor will be seen in company with such a player on the Gankers-List or to be member in his clan!
Real PvP is to seak for a battle with players of same level.

Edited by Peter Peacemaker

6 minutes ago, Peter Peacemaker said:

Gankers should think twice about what they are doing. They will ruin their reputation on the entire server and will be known as dishonorable persons behing not worth to be called a knight of the seas! We will have an open gankers journal where names are listed every time a ganker sinks defensless players, beginners ect.

what will stop the players with high character trait of psychopathy? They will kill all the noobs they can for the marks/leaderboard.
(and there are a lot of noobs ;))))

Edited by Slim McSauce

29 minutes ago, RKY said:

Promoting ganking and mission jumping aka boring fight. I am speechless. Faith in this game is gone, congratulation.

I think he‘s talking about gankers vs gankers in safe zones.

38 minutes ago, admin said:

In fact most of the time average time to find a fight is not much slower than PUBG.

That‘s not the problem!

The problem is that you - as a casual player - need much more time to get back into a fight with let’s say a 1st rate if you lose such a ship (gathering of resources and crafting takes time)!

That‘s why removing the ability to decide where your PvE mission should spawn will hurt many casual players imo!

If you just drop by in the evenings to have a relaxing PvE fight with your only big boat - for which you spend hours to actually get it crafted - it would be a very frustrating thing to get ganked!

That wouldn’t happen if people had the opportunity to place PvE missions in safe zones.

Edited by Navalus Magnus

29 minutes ago, RKY said:

Promoting ganking and mission jumping aka boring fight. I am speechless. Faith in this game is gone, congratulation.

What you call ganking is called gaining numerical superiority in reality. Gaining numerical superiority is a logistical and management skill. Britain 2x (two power standard) rule that let them rule the seas was a law. 

Please stop using the word ganking in a age of sail game. It's just a wargame mechanic.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

what will stop the players with high character trait of psychopathy? They will kill all the noobs they can for the marks/leaderboard.

yeah - but they will be marked as outlaws. They are the real destroyers of this game always forcing the devs to react and think about changes. These gankers are always complaining about everything that incumbers their blood thirst and threaten the devs with leaving the game - let them go ...

8 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

That‘s not the problem!

The problem is that you - as a casual player - need much more time to get back into a fight with let’s say a 1st rate if you lose such a ship (gathering of resources and crafting takes time)!

Thats not a problem. If you lost it its always your fault. 
Your account is not wiped on death. You dont lose xp. You are not corpse camped, you dont lose skill points, you can capture this ship from others. You can sail it any time you want (not like in real life with 5 first rates for the whole navy)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, victor said:

I connect mission with online members for one reason: trading, AI fleets and missions are the only PVE feature we have in game ... but missions in green zones are the only risk free PVE feature

Casual players usually do PVE.

In just one patch you will make trade, missions in safe zones and AI fleets much more risky than before in term of gank.

The logical assumption is that a portion of casual players that now make their "safe" PVE things may leave the game if after the patch they will get ganked too much in doing their usual activities.

In other words: you make trade to capitals and AI fleets even more risky and IN THE SAME TIME you take away from the game also the only risk free PVE activity. This, in my opinion, is likely to induce some (well, quite some) causual players to leave the game.

As a lower-hour player I am not seeing anything in this patch that will adversely affect my independent trading activities.

I am inclined to wait and see.

3 hours ago, Michael Corvinus said:

You're just showing you intelligence level now. If you can't or wont understand that this game needs more people to survive then you just keep trolling. I will not bother replying to someone just trolling like a child. It's a waste of time and effort

How wrong  you are.  The biggest attraction for many players that came to this game (especially from POTBS) was unrestricted PvP.  PvP BR restrictions ushered in the biggest population drop that I saw in this game.  They have an entire server dedicated to players like you, what more do you want?????  And Sid Meier's Pirates is still pretty good.

5 minutes ago, admin said:

Thats not a problem. Your account is not wiped on death. You dont lose xp. You are not corpse camped, you dont lose skill points. 

if you're brand new, (most of us aren't, and stats if I remember is 50% of people don't make it to frigate, the games biggest problem is retaining new players)

and you lose even just a cerb or something and have to start back at BC, isn't that equivelant to getting your items wiped?

If all you have is a 1 or 2 frigate losing either to a gank squad at your supposed safezone meant to keep new players safe and comfortable until they venture off is pretty darn frustrating, even for the most hardcore of player.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

truth, everyone starts off as a PvEr.

Lol, as soon as I could sail a snow I was hanging out at KPR.  This was way before safe zones.  I levelled up almost entirely through PvP.  It would be very hard to do that these days.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, victor said:

Point is that if too many will do this, this server will have troubles for low population.

Look Victor.

If people did not want risk. PVE server would have bigger numbers. Sorry but this is a fact. People want risk

Adrenaline gives you endorphins, creates emotions, creates better experience. 

We ran a lot of experiments during last 2 years and now are confident on what we want the game to look like on release. We also know what players we want and what players we dont want in the game. We also know now how do we want to approach community. 

You can now relax sit back and enjoy the ride. PVP server will be full of risk and excitement. Safe zones will remain to help players rebuild, but there will be no absolute safety for higher ranks. Its a pvp server - its a real age of sail experience. Real captains fought real captains from time to time. This will remain .. forever. 

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, Jerome said:

Lol, as soon as I could sail a snow I was hanging out at KPR.  This was way before safe zones.  I levelled up almost entirely through PvP.  It would be very hard to do that these days.

so are we trying to attract a casual crowd or are we not? People are buying the game with expectation that they'll get the same or similar protections that E.V.E (a very hardcore game might I add) has where new players are at a 99% level of safety and attacking anyone in highsec is all but suicide.

In NA it's like everyone hangs out at high sec because there is no reason to go to low or null sec or else that's where the PVP would happen and not at capitals.

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 minute ago, Peter Peacemaker said:

yeah - but they will be marked as outlaws. They are the real destroyers of this game always forcing the devs to react and think about changes. These gankers are always complaining about everything that incumbers their blood thirst and threaten the devs with leaving the game - let them go ...

why are they destroyers of the game? because they dont play like you want? They dont give you the easy kill but they get the easy kill? Lets be honest we all seek the easy kill and get mad when we dont achive it or when we find the bigger fish. We all try to hide it behind words like "meaningful pvp" when we actually mean I want to win.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

You don't have. You can capture any ship up to 5th and player ships without exception. Devs gave us an easy way and a somewhat hard way. If you don't want to you can play the game without much effort. It's our fault if we don't do it.

If you lose a crafted ship with upgrades - some people actually don’t like to sail store stuff / get kind of emotionally attached to ships they crafted on their own - you don’t want to have a store bought crew space, chipboard vessel as a replacement!

3 minutes ago, Jerome said:

This is removed btw.. 

Passing tutorial will immediately rank you to M&C and you will be able to sail all light frigates. This means you will be immediately useful in PVP and/or conquest.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, z4ys said:

There is a risk free server. If people want risk free gameplay why they dont play there and instead go to pvp server and complain about pvp?

Because they like to do PvP if they have the time to do so!

And because they like to have a relaxing PvE fight when they don’t have time for PvP!

3 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

If you lose a crafted ship with upgrades - some people actually don’t like to sail store stuff / get kind of emotionally attached to ships they crafted on their own - you don’t want to have a store bought crew space, chipboard vessel as a replacement!

1 minute ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Because they like to do PvP if they have the time to do so!

And because they like to have a relaxing PvE fight when they don’t have time for PvP!

Thats a player choice and not a game fault.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

so are we trying to attract a casual crowd or are we not? People are buying the game with expectation that they'll get the same or similar protections that E.V.E (a very hardcore game might I add) has where new players are at a 99% level of safety and attacking anyone in highsec is all but suicide.

we are not trying to attract casual crowd - sorry. And NEVER planned or plan to. in fact there is no place where we ever said this is a casual friendly game. 

Funny fact! (kudos to all of you). NO-ONE HERE IS CASUAL. Even if you think you are casual YOU ARE NOT.

You are playing one of the most hardcore games. Think about it.
Full loot. There is no insurance too. Everything you carry with you is lost on death. Full gank almost anywhere. You can lose most ports forever. Some nations can lose access to admiralty (forever). You are not safe ANYWHERE. You have to sail for hours. Most ships must be built by players. No resources are provided by NPCs (only players). Game is 99% skill based. And can destroy enemy 25 to 0 even in smaller ships if you are skilled. There is no tutorial and interface is non-existent.

Dont tell me you are casual.

There NEVER were a single casual player in this game. You are all BAD HARDCORE M****ERS. excuse my french. EVEN if you are on the PVE server.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, admin said:

This is removed btw.. 

Passing tutorial will immediately rank you to M&C and you will be able to sail all light frigates. This means you will be immediately useful in PVP and/or conquest.

I love this, prove you are worthy and get going. Of all the talk about player retention this is actually a huge step towards getting people hooked on the game. They get the best parts very quickly.

Edited by RedNeckMilkMan

3 minutes ago, admin said:

we are not trying to attract casual crowd - sorry

in fact there is no place where we ever said this is a casual friendly game. 

OK, so where would you draw the line, because some would say safezones are a needless feature if everyone is expected to be able to PVP within them. They cut into normal pvp, new players believe they should have this zone for casual play but keep getting interfered by hardcore pvpers. The fact that you have what players refer to as a "safezone" kind of infers that you are interested in the safety of the new/casual player.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Peter Peacemaker said:

Nobody of honor will be seen in company with such a player on the Gankers-List or to be member in his clan!

I guess you are being ironic. Or you just play another game.

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

OK, so where would you draw the line, because some would say safezones are a needless feature if everyone is expected to be able to PVP within them.

Safe zones are for new players. Not max rank "casuals".

• Like 1