Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Forthcoming Patch 23. Hercules, Tutorial and Map teaser

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I'm wondering what changes will definitely hit the Pacific server ( pve ) but the cancellation of missions surely doesn't affect anything.

From reading this I can only assume you haven't really thought this through. On the PVE server there are two main areas of activity: crafting and trading, and fighting. Since alot of player don't fancy the non-combative activities they are left with fighting either OW AI fleets or doing missions. In the PVE server most players play as British and especially around KPR. That means that there is always a substantial lack on OW AI fleets for players to attack and they therefore have to resort to doing missions. If a player happen to be so unlucky that their mission is far away and they are out of cancellations, instead of effectively sit and wait on the "match" for 20 minutes of dull sailing they will go and play another game, simple as that. From what I can gather this will very probably hurt PVE player retention aswell as PVP player retention.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Bloody Hound said:

I hope so, There are way to many Ports.

A new smaller map will be refreshing.

More is not always better! 

Better play World of Warships then, this is an open world!
I would like it bigger to travel the whole globe

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can also this be done for this patch?

-Limit BR difference between sides in the patrol zone.

-Improved rewards at hostility and PB.

-(Reduce port taxes, it is not encouraging conquest at all- personal wish)

 

Both have been done before, I dont think Im asking so much. This patch will come and gets old very fast cause it didnt fix some things that the current community is asking for some time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you decided to take art style from your other game. Looks nice. I hope UI can match it. Also, do I see more sailors on ships?

Edited by Project Pluto
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Marinadtor said:

From reading this I can only assume you haven't really thought this through. On the PVE server there are two main areas of activity: crafting and trading, and fighting. Since alot of player don't fancy the non-combative activities they are left with fighting either OW AI fleets or doing missions. In the PVE server most players play as British and especially around KPR. That means that there is always a substantial lack on OW AI fleets for players to attack and they therefore have to resort to doing missions. If a player happen to be so unlucky that their mission is far away and they are out of cancellations, instead of effectively sit and wait on the "match" for 20 minutes of dull sailing they will go and play another game, simple as that. From what I can gather this will very probably hurt PVE player retention aswell as PVP player retention.

I give a lot of thought on sailing in the age of sail game. I give little thought on not sailing to the far side of the world in a age of sail game, especially under the jack, lucky jack.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

People forget that mission spawn distance already is closer in the lower rank you are.  No more rear admirals cancelling missions over and over so they can grind first rates in peace.

Three a day is plenty for a casual player, who might only DO three missions in a day.

On the other hand I need much longer to reach a far mission with a bigger ship and not everyone can spend hours a day playing this game just sailing to missions when there would be enough other things they could implement to make the game more enyojable.  

If I want to so long trading runs or OW hunting it doesnt matter if I need a bit longer, but not if I just want to do two or three missions before I have to leave for other things.

 

I can understand that some people just want to sink others, but I don’t know if thats a clever change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

I give a lot of thought on sailing in the age of sail. I give little thought on not sailing to the far side of the world, especially under the jack, lucky jack.

Ok, so we agree then since you don't have a counter argument?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About cancelling missions. In sweden i had many times situation in which from Gustavia my mission was placed in front of Road (or Spanish) Town (Danish ports). Maybe before making such a thing like limitations in number of cancels firstly repair that? Mission which is 30k from port is not a content, it is waste of player time. And i will repeat that once again, DO NOT TRY force people to do PvP. Dont listen to whining of gankers, even in PvP server player should be able to do something without big risk of being ganked and its my opinion.

  • Like 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This all sounds really good with one exception:-

 

  • PvE missions cancellations are now limited by 3 per day

 

Currently, if I want to do a mission in a reinforcement zone (and gain the protection of instant closure), I sometimes have to request and cancel the mission 20-30 times before I get one inside the zone.  This is when requesting the mission from a protected port (Belize in my case).

 

Now it seems you only want to give us 6 chances per day to get a mission in the zone.  If we fail I assume we have a choice to either take the risk or wait until the next day.  This is going to cause a lot of grief to inexperienced players.

 

My suggestion is:-

 

Implement your proposal to limit mission cancellations (repeatedly requesting and cancelling is a pain in the arse) BUT:-

 

  • Ensure that all missions requested in a protected port spawn inside the reinforcement zone
  • Provide better rewards (same loot as AI fleets?) for missions outside the reinforcement zones to reflect the risk of getting "company"
Edited by Rufus Swipe
Bigger text
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mikocen said:

About cancelling missions. In sweden i had many times situation in which from Gustavia my mission was placed in front of Road (or Spanish) Town (Danish ports). Maybe before making such a thing like limitations in number of cancels firstly repair that? Mission which is 30k from port is not a content, it is waste of player time. And i will repeat that once again, DO NOT TRY force people to do PvP. Dont listen to whining of gankers, even in PvP server player should be able to do something without big risk of being ganked and its my opinion.

signed ... (can't hit the like button)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jodgi said:

"Use them wisely" seems to indicate it's a one-off thing.

wow, then, what a prize!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I give a lot of thought on sailing in the age of sail game. I give little thought on not sailing to the far side of the world in a age of sail game, especially under the jack, lucky jack.

different people have different enjoyment thresholds for in game activities .... you may enjoy the accomplishment of sailing for two hours and navigating so you hit your destination ...

others may feel its the biggest waste of time since gaming was invented

i like flight sims i enjoy the take off and landiing .... i hate the time inbetween  i have the option to do quick 10 min flights or a transatlantic long haul boredom flight ... te game gives me the choice

all i ask for is a choice ... not the game forcing me to spend time doing something i dont want to do

i dont want to have to sail dor 45mins from kpr to st annes against the wind to do a mission because the game says thats the only choice i have .. .

ill just log off and play something i enjoy

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Peter Peacemaker said:

Better play World of Warships then, this is an open world!
I would like it bigger to travel the whole globe

Okay throwing passive aggressive comment with you statement was unneeded. So i'll ignore that first half.

Okay but with the player cap of 2500 players the Map still felt empty in some areas. when i was playing with those numbers.

Alot has changed since then granted, Faster sailing times and whatnot.

 

However people get confused on what open world means and i recently saw a video explaining in simple terms why bigger is not always better... Granted different games different concepts etc but the message is still the same.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
32 minutes ago, Powderhorn said:

People forget that mission spawn distance already is closer in the lower rank you are.  No more rear admirals cancelling missions over and over so they can grind first rates in peace.

Three a day is plenty for a casual player, who might only DO three missions in a day.

Bull.........there is no way you can explain this where it makes any sense. So basically, you are forcing players to take ships they cant afford to replace into areas they are sure to be ganked. Brilliant.  Watch the numbers drop even more....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, El Presidenté Amplify said:

as always 1 step forward 2 steps backwards when will this stupidity of no names no ship class and less noob protection stop?

 

No names is great. Start attacking everyone to understand how fun it is. :P

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Marinadtor said:

So the purpose is to make people go out of the safe zones? Isn't the reason people do missions so they dont' have to worry about PVP? So new players can get a feel for the game without taking too big of a risk to sink with their maybe only ship due to lack of knowledge of the game. Why even have missions then if you only want to encourage PVP?

I thought the same, but don’t missions just close right after the start?

That would at least prevent people from ganking one inside a mission.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, admin said:

OW enemy indications updated.

  • Ship rank indication removed, players will have to rely on the visual recognition.
    • Fleet composition now only shows size of the ship (S – small, M – medium, L – Large), as you can only see top sails from 20-30miles

I really got to say the patch looks very good and been waiting on this to test many things until I read this part.   Are ya'll honestly trying to kill casuals on the OW?  Most of them can't tell you the difference from a cutter from a bellona and now your taking away the rating.  I hear all the time on coms, "What ship is it?"  "I don't know a 5th rate?" As that is all they know from the info and can't tell the difference from half the ships cause they have never seen them or sailed them in game.  Some one like me knows cause I been playing this game for over 2 freaking years so I know what every ship looks like, but a causal wouldn't be able to tell you a 1/10th of the ships out there other than the ones they own and even than that is hard cause half the ships aren't painted and look very much alike from one another.  I'm sorry your going to hard core with these OW indications.  I wouldn't have a problem if you put in some way to hail/spot the ship.  Like if your stationary and they are too and you push a button while using your spyglass you get info of the ship you can read it's ships name, and give basic detail and a lot of that was known by sailors of what war ships where in certain waters at the time, but you give them nothing and keep taking more and more info.

Every MMO I been in you got the info of the other players and teams you where going to fight in any PvP zone.  The only thing you didn't know was the actual build of that char just like we don't know the builds of the ships.   This is getting to be stupid taking more and more info from OW from the players.   

As for fleet compositions....sorry if i can use a spy glass and see if a ship is a Bellona and it has a Suprise in it's fleet I should be able to see that it's a SURPIRES not some small ship.   Don't tell me next your going to take away the BR indicator too?  Cause that seems to be the path your going.  Oh and this is how casuals find out the ships is they mention the BR on nation chat or TS and we Vets/Old timers tell them what ship it is.  I guess this is all ok for the nations that have zero new players and are made up of nothing but old timers/vet players that don't mind, but being in a nation that is very full of new players and casuals I can just see how much more of a nightmare this is going to be.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

I thought the same, but don’t missions just close right after the start?

That would at least prevent people from ganking one inside a mission.

I don't know how it works on the PVP server but on the PVE server they certainly close after you enter them. What I'm trying to get at is that the new added risk is the travel to and from the mission. And if you disregard the risk, as you would on the PVE server the potential longer travel to missions I think will make people not wait to get there but rather just go play another game.

Edited by The Marinadtor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This will makes doing missions harder, good going there, lol

So, at the moment I have a 1st or 2nd rate I need to xp up, therefore I take a mission, it's in the middle of nowhere, I cancel and try again  until I get a closer one in a safer area and then I do the mission. This is a pain in the rear, but I would be stupid to go out on my own to a mission in a big ship far away from safety,  and before you anyone starts going on about take some friends or form a fleet, there a re times when I can log on and very few of my clan can.

 

Now  you devs think it's a great idea to limit this process to 3 goes to get a decent mission or a crap mission. Once again I will NOT go out on my own far from a safe port so that I can XP my ships up, therefore this will greatly increase the time it will take to xp up. Result, I will play this game less and less, because I will not be able to achieve anything. I know there will be people going on that this is a pvp game/server etc, but look at the average numbers of the player base. You've already had to close down global server and other servers before because of declining numbers.

 

I stopped playing over 9 months ago and just came back a couple of weeks ago to see what had changed. I liked the reinforcement zone which would allow careful new players learn the game and rank up, gain experience etc. This process is being reversed yet again by the devs.  They are also making xp gains much more difficult, a gret way to keep players and a great way to gain a new player base. Granted they will get the initial fee from when players first buy the game, but if more and more leave, you will a limited experience for all including the pvpers. Also at the moment I cannot in all honesty recommend this game to any of my friends at all.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michael Corvinus said:

This will makes doing missions harder, good going there, lol

So, at the moment I have a 1st or 2nd rate I need to xp up, therefore I take a mission, it's in the middle of nowhere, I cancel and try again  until I get a closer one in a safer area and then I do the mission. This is a pain in the rear, but I would be stupid to go out on my own to a mission in a big ship far away from safety,  and before you anyone starts going on about take some friends or form a fleet, there a re times when I can log on and very few of my clan can.

 

Now  you devs think it's a great idea to limit this process to 3 goes to get a decent mission or a crap mission. Once again I will NOT go out on my own far from a safe port so that I can XP my ships up, therefore this will greatly increase the time it will take to xp up. Result, I will play this game less and less, because I will not be able to achieve anything. I know there will be people going on that this is a pvp game/server etc, but look at the average numbers of the player base. You've already had to close down global server and other servers before because of declining numbers.

 

I stopped playing over 9 months ago and just came back a couple of weeks ago to see what had changed. I liked the reinforcement zone which would allow careful new players learn the game and rank up, gain experience etc. This process is being reversed yet again by the devs.  They are also making xp gains much more difficult, a gret way to keep players and a great way to gain a new player base. Granted they will get the initial fee from when players first buy the game, but if more and more leave, you will a limited experience for all including the pvpers. Also at the moment I cannot in all honesty recommend this game to any of my friends at all.

What is your goal? Why do you rank up?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

 

As for fleet compositions....sorry if i can use a spy glass and see if a ship is a Bellona and it has a Suprise in it's fleet I should be able to see that it's a SURPIRES not some small ship.   Don't tell me next your going to take away the BR indicator too?  

You can only see a top sail from 20 miles
You can judge a size of the ship by a top sail, but not a ship itself. 
One would argue that you cannot even judge the size of the fleet at all (if they are sailing in a line formation towards you). 

We know what we are taking out, but the visual recognition (especially in bad weather condition) will become a more integral part of the game and will bring both excitement AND frustration to OW combat - which is somewhat historical (given an abstract travel map) and this is the only way to implement this historical element: inability to exactly know who you are facing from 20 miles.

 

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×