Game-Labs Forum

Union Legendary Campaign - Take 2 - Completed

LAVA

Regarding supply cap:

I found that when playing as the Union I could get at least my 1st corps (I forget what was the case with my 2nd) up to 70,000 supply, and any value over 35,000 would give a second wagon.  When playing as the Confederacy all corps were limited to 35,000 and 1 wagon.  If a consistent feature this may make some sense, considering the sides' supply capabilities in real life.

Can anyone with authority give a definite answer?

I checked my saves and before Shiloh I could only put a maximum of 35,000 supplies in my 2 Corps. After Shiloh, I was able to get 1st Corps up to 35,000 and 2nd Corps up to 70,000.

I tried bringing up 2nd Corps first, as 1st Corps was less than 35,000, thinking that perhaps the first Corps to reach 35,000 was capped. But no, 2nd Corps went right past 35,000 and when I went to 1st Corps once again it would go no higher than 35,000.

I checked before Gaines Mill, when I had a 3rd Corps and it was also capped at 35,000 and in a later save when I had a 4th Corps it was also capped at 35,000.

So overall, for some reason, 3 of my Corps were capped at 35,000 supply and 2nd Corps could take up to 70,000 supplies.

Thus the reason why I recommended using 2nd Corps as the spearhead as I could bring 2 supply wagons and a great deal more than 35,000 supply.

3 hours ago, LAVA said:

I checked my saves and before Shiloh I could only put a maximum of 35,000 supplies in my 2 Corps. After Shiloh, I was able to get 1st Corps up to 35,000 and 2nd Corps up to 70,000.

I tried bringing up 2nd Corps first, as 1st Corps was less than 35,000, thinking that perhaps the first Corps to reach 35,000 was capped. But no, 2nd Corps went right past 35,000 and when I went to 1st Corps once again it would go no higher than 35,000.

I checked before Gaines Mill, when I had a 3rd Corps and it was also capped at 35,000 and in a later save when I had a 4th Corps it was also capped at 35,000.

So overall, for some reason, 3 of my Corps were capped at 35,000 supply and 2nd Corps could take up to 70,000 supplies.

Thus the reason why I recommended using 2nd Corps as the spearhead as I could bring 2 supply wagons and a great deal more than 35,000 supply.

This sounds like another bug that needs to be squashed in the same patch that's supposed to fix the supply perks for leaders.

Edited by Gray_Lensman

On 5/18/2018 at 2:31 PM, Mukremin said:

congrats man, i like how you steadily built your army towards Richmond. Learned many valuable lessons from your videos.

And now? On to a Legendary CSA Campaign?

Thanks!

Doubt if I will embark on a CSA Legendary Campaign. It's been a long time since I played my CS Brigadier General Campaign and I do believe to get to Legendary you need to start from there and move forward. So it would require me to play a BG Campaign first, followed by at least a half way run through on MG, before I would have the confidence to do a Legendary one. That is a lot of time...

The thought has crossed my mind though...

• Like 1

On 5/12/2018 at 5:13 AM, Gray_Lensman said:

This sounds like another bug that needs to be squashed in the same patch that's supposed to fix the supply perks for leaders.

I believe it is a glitch actually that few will encounter. Where it came in handy for me was in the multi-day battles because I could just store away supplies and forget about them and not be tempted to use the money on weapons or veterans. As such, a player can essentially do the same thing by just having a reserve of money when he goes into multi-day battles because you are given opportunities to return to your camp. At that point if a Corps has used up it's supply you can pump it back up if you have the money on hand. That is essentially what I was doing, taking supplies from one Corp and moving them to others.

As for play ability sake, IMO, it is far more important to get the logistics perk for Corps Commanders working correctly. I think the Developers are hot on fixing that so I would expect a patch sooner rather than later.

42 minutes ago, LAVA said:

So it would require me to play a BG Campaign first, followed by at least a half way run through on MG, before I would have the confidence to do a Legendary one. That is a lot of time...

It may have changed at some point, but it looks like you can select legendary immediately on a fresh install.

25 minutes ago, LAVA said:

As for play ability sake, IMO, it is far more important to get the logistics perk for Corps Commanders working correctly. I think the Developers are hot on fixing that so I would expect a patch sooner rather than later.

After the hotfix the artillery logistics perk is definitely working now. The general strategy perk is also working and applies army wide now. I'm not sure yet if the other lvl 1 general perks are also army wide. Without modded values the impact is so low that it's hard to test reliably.

• Like 1

Ah! Good news concerning the logistics perk!

As for the CSA Campaign, I can play the Legendary campaign if I want, but it has been so long since I played the CSA I would want to start at a lower level than Legendary first just to get re-acquainted with the campaign and its battles.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Give it another shot. Took me 2 shots at it to win as the Union. The difference between the two campaigns was how I spent my career points. When I won first I max'ed out medicine, then Economy, followed by Training and lastly I maxed out Politics. Like the real war, your problem isn't men and money. You problem is poor recruits that you need to turn into veterans (medicine) that you need to arm with the best weapons possible (economy).

My first shot as the South on Legendary was lost as well. So, I've started another CSA campaign, and when I have confidence that I have things more under control, I will start posting the videos. Once again, I think the reason that I failed my first try was because I did not spend my career points wisely. We'll see.