Game-Labs Forum
rediii

Regional crafting overhauled

I asked a question and it kinda got many positive posts but no answer so I wanna do it properl, and suggest what I came up with by reading the questionthread and stealing ideas. :D

Implement a overhauled regional crafting system

goal: rvr incentives, OW traffic, meaning

not a goal: forcing players to anything or make it OP

Suggestion:

Implement low chance of crafting a ship with a regional bonus. Does not depend where so you could craft in gustavia and get a cartagena refkt ship (target: to not make it OP owning a special port)

Connect ports to these refits. If you craft ships in these ports you have a higher chance to get the regional refit you want

I think this creates a meaning behind rvr, makes more ports interesting (special port + surrounding ressojrces), gives more OW traffic and a reason to leave safezone while not breaking anything.

I dont write hard percentages because devs know that better

Discuss

• Like 5

What if we had a trim selector with choice of RNG (which will favor the region bonus dropping) or choose the refit you want but it will require a particular trade good for that refit?

Another goal is limit or remove RNG from crafting trim so that lucky players like @Sir Texas Sir don't have such a big advantage.  We dont want to craft ship after ship and dump them until we get the desired trim.  We want to have some influence.  Trade goods such as sweedish sail cloth, black ironwood, sweedish iron, providence oak, could be required to guarantee the desired trim.  If a player wants a sturdy hull, he can

1. Choose RNG and make the ship in Ctown with a 3% chance.
  2. Make his shipyard in Nuevitas and select RNG with a 25% chance
  3. Choose sturdy in ctown and have the required trade good which guarantees him sturdy
  4. Choose VERY sturdy in Nuevitas and have the required trade good

This gives many ways to get the desired trim at 2 levels (sturdy and very sturdy).  It promotes trade for the crafting good.  It makes port ownership more meaningful.  It limits impact of RNG in crafting.

Anyone have any thoughts on implementing this or improving the idea?

• Like 2

Time to make ports matter again. 

Remove some of these bullshit perm upgrades from circulation and bring back crafting regions that make owning ports worthwhile again.  I thought one of the few things that the fine woods patch did right was make certain parts of the map worth fighting for.  If people still want to craft in the safe zones they can, but they only get basic 3/5 ships.  Folks that craft outside the zones in regions get whatever region bonus that port has + a chance at making it a 4/5 or 5/5.  

Win win.  people naturally will start leaving the safe zones to craft.  RVR gets meaning again and chances for OW PVP increase greatly with traders moving around.

This is a no brainer IMO.    

• Like 1

well the ports in this game are just like the eu parliament 

i have to remove my ports all the time , its just stupid to do it every time 

we need more ports.at least ten or 15 , if i want to do pvp or rvr all around the map 

for example i have never bin in the spanish territory for example...because i dont have the trading ports for making ships or  to have a efficient route to be active there...

ports numbers are to restrictive .. 

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

All RVR improvements are delayed until tutorial patch and OW UI is added (in 2 separate patches). Lets hold on. Captains who are willing to help us - can gather forum proposals on RVR and port importance and create one structured mega thread with links they consider important and proposals they consider absolutely necessary for RVR to become more exciting.  

• Like 17

2 hours ago, Wraith said:

I'm also for making regions and RvR matter, but what you're asking for has already been tried and essentially creates a must-have meta that requires access to certain ports/regions.

True but they were much higher percent buff than say 3% to 7%.  So I disagree regional trims have already been explored and should be totally abandoned.  Thanks for the comment.  We will discuss later as @adminsuggested.  @admin give us a new thread to discuss what you want us to work on testing at this stage, when you get a chance.

2 minutes ago, SS Minnow said:

True but they were much higher percent buff than say 3% to 7%.  So I disagree regional trims have already been explored and should be totally abandoned.  Thanks for the comment.  We will discuss later as @adminsuggested.  @admin give us a new thread to discuss what you want us to work on testing at this stage, when you get a chance.

they were 100% chance as far as i know

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

they were 100% chance as far as i know

Right.  I was referring to Strong Hull which was way more buff than 3 to 7 percent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SS Minnow said:

so that lucky players like @Sir Texas Sir don't have such a big advantage. 

lol I need that good laugh.  I swear RNG Gods hate me or @admin and the devs have secretly put in code to give me the worse chance at any RNG including drops in OW fights.  I'm on to you guys and your sneaky little pranks.  

I was so pissed the other night after getting basically nothing but basic mod drops (along with the repairs) from OW ships I been killing I F11 it. I prob done this about a dozen times over the last 6 months cause of retardly bad luck with RNG drops I have. 

DISCLAIMER:  I know the devs aren't out to get me or have some special code just get me bad RNG drops, but I can joke about it and laugh at times.  With that never pick the same lotto numbers I do, you won't win I promise you...lol  Lets just say if it was possible I could craft a ship and get a 2/4 right now with how RNG works for me.

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

DISCLAIMER:  I know the devs aren't out to get me or have some special code just get me bad RNG drops, but I can joke about it and laugh at times.  With that never pick the same lotto numbers I do, you won't win I promise you...lol  Lets just say if it was possible I could craft a ship and get a 2/4 right now with how RNG works for me.

Actually they are (I also have that special code on my head)

Image result for conspiracy meme

Edited by victor

Any changes to improve RVR are negated until all Alts are banned. 

Oh Rediii appreciate the suggestion, it's a good one. 

Edited by William Wade

Regional Bonus should be Economic based like an extra 15% Iron Extraction from buildings in the region and so on and so forth so its all mineral based rather then made up ships altering characteristics!

I like the idea of having access to craft ships with these trims, but I'd like to suggest:

1. "un-capable" ports (those with reinforcement zones) wont roll these trims on ships that are crafted there. (maybe the basic 9 we already have?).

2. All other ports across the map have the same set % chance to roll a ship with these trims when you craft in them. ( just for example, 5%)

3. Certain ports across the map have a set increased % chance to roll crafted ships with these trims. (again, just for example, 15%) (as people have said to get people out and have a reason to fight for more ports) but the clans who own these specific ports would have to build a building in the port (like the production boost/labour hours ones that already exist) to have access to this increased chance.

Just to be clear: these "special" ports would provide a % increase for the chance for all trims and is not based on region. To stop one nation/clan having a big advantage as they have control of the "best" trim port.