Game-Labs Forum

Reinforcements update

32 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

@Sovereign They should kick the carebears out of the pvp server. Let's shutdown all AI fleets, combat, fleet mission as they are PVE and remove hostility missions. 

So 50-100 PVP players can enjoy the PVP server until the time, it will be shutdown.

Time to time I think that DEVS should not care about this forum. 

Weirdly enough we’ve already had exactly that experience and I loved it, I guess I’m just in the minority of someone not logging on to do battle with an AI fleet,combat missions and hostility missions,contribute to a broken economy or do mind numbing things to pay for a coloured dot without meaning.

Then again i’m Lucky enough to of experienced the earliest days of OW and I’m thankfull for that.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

You lost a pixel ship with some pixel “stuff”.   

Get over it.  

It's the time taken to get said pixel ship from port to  port is where the frustration is. And then the time taken to replace what was ever lost.  Especially when game time is very limited. 

2 minutes ago, William Wade said:

It's the time taken to get said pixel ship from port to  port is where the frustration is. And then the time taken to replace what was ever lost.  Especially when game time is very limited. 

Hence the value of Privateering, no?  Why does everything need to be easy and/or painless?  Do we want a game where you are emotionally invested, or......  Legends?

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

We need more content for your casual joe who logs in a couple hours every evening.  We need mission variety.  We need a functioning economy.  We need more complex crafting.  We need reasons to leave the safe zones

Well said. Don`t lose the hope.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, PYR said:

The problem with the so-called PVPers is that they want as many poor defenseless targets in slow moving and poorly armed sitting ducks to get the sentiment of being strong and a true pirate... they don't care that others may want to play otherwise, dont care of true combat as they never try to find matching opponents.... all they want is targets to shoot at and if possible slow and unarmed

I don't give a hello kittyin shit for defenseless traders. It's about all those players that tell me (well told, can't talk to them anymore) they just do a quick trade run or a quick PvE mission and when ten guys have gathered to gank me join the fight and tell me i should get the hello kitty out of their waters. 

All the "most people want to do pvp but only occasionally and when they are in the mood for it" bs. How often did we sit in front of capitals waiting hours, asking nicely. No more. I asked for pvp and got ganked. I will pvp the hell out of you. 

So annoying all those miserable comments. All most people want to do is win, never only fight. Sure winning is fun. Getting told it's even fun and easy pvp marks if they gank you 10vs1 or multiple 3rds and 2nds against 5ths. Even nicer. Now it's pay back time. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Christendom said:

We need more content for your casual joe who logs in a couple hours every evening.  We need mission variety.

No, not more missions. We need to delete missions and make open world AI the main pve content with good loot drop to make it interesting. Let the players sail out and make their own missions instead of sail form point a to point b and do the same brainless stuff over and over again. Missions need to go.

• Like 8

Just now, Pada said:

No, not more missions. We need to delete missions and make open world AI the main pve content with good loot drop to make it interesting. Let the players sail out and make their own missions instead of sail form point a to point b and do the same brainless stuff over and over again. Missions need to go.

missions need to stay but pvp zones need to go. 

The missions should be go out and do damage to any enemy in your territory or enemy territory of your choosing, not limited to a single circle area

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

The missions should be go out and do damage to any enemy in your territory or enemy territory of your choosing, not limited to a single circle area

Yes, that's what I said.

28 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

True but that is not my issue. The question is why do those players not interested in PvP you mentioned not only play on the PvP server but also moan like a ravished wench when there are changes made to promote PvP on the PvP server.

It has been explained many times that for various reasons many players cannot or do not want to PvP every time they log on, and they should not have to. It does not make them pure PvE'ers if they occasionally are unable or unwilling to PvP. You just keep choosing to ignore the fact that there are many players that enjoy both PvP and PvE aspects of the game. The moans you mention are because they are nullifying the 5% of the map where people could make the choice whether they PvP or PvE.

I am sure you too would complain if they extended the safe zones to cover 95% of the map and PvP was only possible in the patrol areas. 

I wonder if this is just to address the Patrol 'crazy ring'  ... i mean I notice that not much goes on now .. its just whose going to patrol bla bla bla  ..  and the local waters are empty .. so maybe this is to try and get people wanting to gank in the safe zones back... see how it goes but Im moving in the direction of playing other games now.  This game used to be good, not so enjoyable now which is quite sad. 

Just as an example, I frequently have experienced enemy players just sailing straight past me because they are going to the ring, nothing much worth doing outside the circle ... thats how it seems.. otherwise why sail straight past an enemy player ... its happened loads of times.  Yes I realise we are still in testing, its the only thing thats keeping me in ... living in hope! 

7 minutes ago, Palatinose said:

I don't give a hello kittyin shit for defenseless traders. It's about all those players that tell me (well told, can't talk to them anymore) they just do a quick trade run or a quick PvE mission and when ten guys have gathered to gank me join the fight and tell me i should get the hello kitty out of their waters. 

All the "most people want to do pvp but only occasionally and when they are in the mood for it" bs. How often did we sit in front of capitals waiting hours, asking nicely. No more. I asked for pvp and got ganked. I will pvp the hell out of you. 

So annoying all those miserable comments. All most people want to do is win, never only fight. Sure winning is fun. Getting told it's even fun and easy pvp marks if they gank you 10vs1 or multiple 3rds and 2nds against 5ths. Even nicer. Now it's pay back time. 

I have a very similar experience with this type of player and I deem this behaviour utmost shameful and vile. I'm glad a respected PvP player like you can confirm this and umask their untruthful talk as the farce that it really is.

59 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Its just a bullshit argument, you dont know who you are attacking in OW since names are hidden.

Astonishingly I don't feel like this change has improved or increased PVP at all.  If anything the game seems more dead since that patch.  

Back when you could see everyone's names the sharks very rarely fought the sharks.  Let's take you for example.  Instead of joining a nation that badly needs PVP help and guidance you just up and joined the best PVP nation in the game.  You are proof that my argument is correct.  If you wanted MORE pvp you would of just went brit and you'll get all the PVP you can stake a stick at in 30mins or less.  But you wanted GOOD PvP, aka good people sinking noobs, so you went Prussia.  I don't begrudge you that decision, just simply reaffirming that these so called "elite pvpers" never seem to end up fighting each other.  RUBLI and BF almost always join each other in the zones or the OW.  Same with the Prussians and WO outside Ctown.  

Basically this change is happening because the gankers are upset they have to work for PVP and they can't just gorge themselves outside capitals anymore.    

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Pada said:

Says the guy who barely plays.  If this game was shaped in the image you want, no one would play it.  It's already been shaped far too much in the image that hardcore PVPers (or self proclaimed ones anyway) want.....and amazingly not many people play it.  Every single time this game has a change that makes it more difficult or less enjoyable for casual players....people quit.  Every single time.

Players = Content and More players means we need more casual content to keep them busy.  It's a very easy formula.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

Looking at the discussions going on, and in a matter of jest a "disclaimer" announcement is needed everytime a captain presses SAIL in the PvP server warning of the dangers inherent and natural to a environment where, beyond the horizon there might be the entire invincible armada. Player presses "I Understand" button and there we go. Problems solved.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Archaos said:

I am sure you too would complain if they extended the safe zones to cover 95% of the map and PvP was only possible in the patrol areas. 

Yeah, assuming the server is named "PvP" as abbreviation for "Player versus Player", I would think that I'd have every right to complain if this was the case. PvE players on the other hand do not have any right to complain about being exposed to PvP, if they choose to play on the PvP despite the availability of a PvE server.

I still fail to see why the PvP server should accomodate PvE players to the point of diminishing content and freedom of the playstyle that the server is clearly dedicated to. If someone plays on the PvP server, logs in and only has time for PvE then it is his/her responsibility to consider the possibility of being attacked by other players despite not having the time to deal with the situation. They can still give up the ship ( it is not the end of the world to lose a pixel ship ) and leave, nothing forces them to stay and fight to the end. 

55 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

The question is why do those players not interested in PvP

Because they are not interested.That simple. if this game is a MMO, then you need CONTENT, not only PVP. Shooting ships, making ships and conquest(again shooting ships), is the "only" thing you can do right now.

We have Epic events, bottles and dull, pure simple trading, which has only purpose to get fast money. But a game such this needs MORE stuff which you can do. Then, more players will come, and more fighting can happen.

But if you want ONLY PvP, maybe you need to play Legends, or World of warships. Join and shoot. no OW, just lobby. And i dont think people want this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Because they are not interested.

And again I wonder why they choose the PvP server, when they clearly aren't interested in PvP. You get all content except PvP on the PvE server and if someone is not interested in PvP, they should chose the PvE server. It is very basic logic. 

It seems to me like people here are not only not aware of the existence of the PvE server but also choose to ignore my repeated mentioning of it.

8 minutes ago, Fenris said:

But if you want ONLY PvP

Well I do not. I fully understand the need and reason for PvE content on the PvP server. What I am really saying is, that PvP should always take priority on the PvP server as PvE does on the PvE server. If someone does not want PvP, the PvE server is available to them. It is really that simple.

1 minute ago, Sovereign said:

And again I wonder why they choose the PvP server, when they clearly aren't interested in PvP. You get all content except PvP on the PvE server and if someone is not interested in PvP, they should chose the PvE server. It is very basic logic. 

It seems to me like people here are not only not aware of the existence of the PvE server but also choose to ignore my repeated mentioning of it.

Well I do not. I fully understand the need and reason for PvE content on the PvP server. What I am really saying is, that PvP should always take priority on the PvP server as PvE does on the PvE server. If someone does not want PvP, the PvE server is available to them. It is really that simple.

I disagree. Right now I don't have a lot of time for NA. So some quick pve missions for like 20 minutes fits my game. once I have time again, sure, I'll go pvp for hours on end. So...

35 minutes ago, Jorge said:

PvP server... 

Show me where it says it's only a PvP only server?

18 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

Yeah, assuming the server is named "PvP" as abbreviation for "Player versus Player", I would think that I'd have every right to complain if this was the case. PvE players on the other hand do not have any right to complain about being exposed to PvP, if they choose to play on the PvP despite the availability of a PvE server.

I still fail to see why the PvP server should accomodate PvE players to the point of diminishing content and freedom of the playstyle that the server is clearly dedicated to. If someone plays on the PvP server, logs in and only has time for PvE then it is his/her responsibility to consider the possibility of being attacked by other players despite not having the time to deal with the situation. They can still give up the ship ( it is not the end of the world to lose a pixel ship ) and leave, nothing forces them to stay and fight to the end. 

Actually the server is named Caribbean.   There is no PvP only server.  We do have a PvE only server though.   Excuse the oddly high ping but last I checked the servers names where as shown below.   This is an open world sand box that has both PvE and PvP element in the game.  Every one thinking it's a purely PvP server only needs to get that out of their heads as this is not a PvP only server.  Never has been and prob never will be.

254820BD016CDCFC3B6A819878122996CBE4BA0F

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Cornelius Trash said:

I disagree. Right now I don't have a lot of time for NA. So some quick pve missions for like 20 minutes fits my game. once I have time again, sure, I'll go pvp for hours on end. So...

So... I don't see where you are disagreeing. You have some interest in PvP and hence chose the PvP server.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Actually the server is named Caribbean.   There is no PvP only server.  We do have a PvE only server though.   Excuse the oddly high ping but last I checked the servers names where as shown below.   This is an open world sand box that has both PvE and PvP element in the game.  Every one thinking it's a purely PvP server only needs to get that out of their heads as this is not a PvP only server.  Never has been and prob never will be.

I stand corrected regarding the name but it obviously is the PvP server. I remember it used to be named "PvP". I never said the server should be PvP only and you are putting words into my mouth. I said PvP should be priority and players who are not interested in PvP can avoid it on the PvE server. Completely safe PvE is what the PvE server is for. PvE and PvP is undoubtedly what you sign up for, if you choose to play on the "Caribbean" server and hence the complaining about PvP and mechanics that promote it is nothing but ridiculous, in my humble opinion.

27 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Says the guy who barely plays.  If this game was shaped in the image you want, no one would play it.  It's already been shaped far too much in the image that hardcore PVPers (or self proclaimed ones anyway) want.....and amazingly not many people play it.  Every single time this game has a change that makes it more difficult or less enjoyable for casual players....people quit.  Every single time.

Players = Content and More players means we need more casual content to keep them busy.  It's a very easy formula.

Missions are the worst thing ever. The boring nature of them are probably driving more players away than anything else. How do you suppose to make them better?

Just now, Dibbler said:

So... if we have say 3 snows and attack a 1st rate in protected zone, then the 1st rate will get no rienforcements due to higher BR?

I see a lot of salt incoming :D.

The 1st rate would get 3 buffed AI 6th rates. That's how I understand it.

• Like 1