Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Reinforcements update

Recommended Posts

On 4/10/2018 at 11:13 AM, fox2run said:

Why don't you understand that it is never the players fault if a game population fails?

The game lacks fun. It had some of it back in 2016. 

I have made a lot of feedback on this. But I'm met with an army of bezzerwizzers. If I don't find the game fun, it's my own fault.

Ok. What about this: NA is crappy and gets bad reviews. It's a bad game with big flaws.

You can change things or you can blame the players.

What do you think will work the best?

Have fun blaming, dude.

Well play another game lol. The game is for hardcore players who love the hardcore game, not for the developers money or for players who don’t see the developers game to be fun. If the game ain’t for you, it ain’t for you, move on and stop whining.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vile Executioner said:

Well play another game lol. The game is for hardcore players who love the hardcore game, not for the developers money or for players who don’t see the developers game to be fun. If the game ain’t for you, it ain’t for you, move on and stop whining.

Not a good excuse. The game has more problems than just being too hardcore. A lot of the mechanics don't make sense or fit with the theme of the game. A lot of exploits and cheesy bugs still plague the OW, the sandbox still for the most part wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle. 

I say it always but ow pvp is still being directed towards capitals and freezones. A HUGE gameplay paradox where you're suppose to be safe but being exposed to the most danger, while also having this massive highly detailed map with nothing guiding players through it. There's a real lack of psychological push and gameplay stimulation. You're very much expected to mentally fill in the gaps in many aspects to be able to tolerate the gameplay. Wouldn't say that's an affect of the game but a defect.

Granted, the devs have gotten better keeping consistent in their patches, going towards a single goal. But there's still a lot of mess left over and a big part of it is the idea that this game runs, and runs well off of.. 

1. Very little information given to the player

2. Very little guidance on OW, nothing visually representative to gauge the state of conflict in game

3. Very little to no representation of land through gameplay. You get forts and ports but otherwise the only thing land serves is to shape the map, no economic or logistic aspects spur from coastal areas. It's all very you are a ship, and nothing exists in this game besides ships.

4. Being as inaccessible as possible without being literally glued to the game 7 hours a day catching all the battle news, conversations in chat and all hot locations of the day.

This isn't being hardcore, it's downright blindingly disconnected and incoherent. It's very hard to put life into this game when the game itself emits so little life to begin with. Nearly everything OW involved feels bizarre and desolate and disconnected. It reminds me a bit of this video lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ScJLIp3Z8 (watch at your own discretion, it's not bad but not exactly pleasant)

Like you'd think you'd get a sense for the world beyond yourself and other players, a bustling 18th century caribbean, civilians, dockmasters, shop owners, military men, ants to you and your magnificent ship but still having an effect on the world (which is compressed and tabletop looking but doesn't mean it can't fit the mark)

But no, the OW is like the psychological horror of a realistic 18th century setting where nothing but overly sized ships exist, no people but the robot-like crew on bored and the invisible men manning the guns. No city has any population or traffic, just items and ships lol. No information is available to you. The admiralty is like your overlord but it's not a person or even a group of people. It's a entity that has no tangible body. It just sells you things and gives you obscure missions to attack bizarre AI that sails in fixed lines back and forth back and forth waiting to be slaughtered.

Doomed, in this world you are to fend for yourself like a stray dog, no one or nothing to guide you but yourself and the other captains doomed to the sea. God has abandoned you and you no longer receive signs from above to guide you on your path. Nothing is laid out for you, the only people who remain are  the ones who can loosely connect the dots of this disenfranchised world that you try to immerse yourself in and find tangible purpose.

so yea, still not there yet.

 

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vile Executioner said:

Well play another game lol. The game is for hardcore players who love the hardcore game, not for the developers money or for players who don’t see the developers game to be fun. If the game ain’t for you, it ain’t for you, move on and stop whining.

Hardcore players? The game seems to be more hello kitty than ever for the so called "hardcore" players. One easy mode patch after the other.

"We get killed to chain, limit it"

"We cant gank and outnumber people enough in safe zones, limit it!"


Don't try and tell me this is hardcore when you advocate for carebears online in your favour. The reinforcement zone is a problem for the defender, not any kind of help.

Edited by Jesper Dahl
Wording

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

W

4 hours ago, Jesper Dahl said:

Hardcore players? The game seems to be more hello kitty than ever for the so called "hardcore" players. One easy mode patch after the other.

"We get killed to chain, limit it"

"We cant gank and outnumber people enough in safe zones, limit it!"


Don't try and tell me this is hardcore when you advocate for carebears online in your favour. The reinforcement zone is a problem for the defender, not any kind of help.

Well admin have wrote a couple of comments, that have me think how this game could turn.

- The want hardcore

- The will have ppl to do PvP

No captains have done his career any good by refuse an ordre.

So how may such a game look like.

- remove all AI. You wants fun, do PvP

- No patrol area.

- When you log in there is an ordre from the admiralty(Go somewhere and sink an enemy ship.) you get 48 hours to do it. Refuse an ordre and you get demoted a rank. 3 time you refuse an ordre, you get demoted to start rank.

- No safezone ore closing battle

- No invisibility ore wind advantage after a battle.

- Limited all ammo for each fight. Can’t kill it with that you have, well tough, But it is a hardcore game.

RvR

- No timer and no waiting, just attack the port. You can’t defend, your problem. The enemy don’t tell you in advance when they Attack. Now we 24 hours to prepare. That isent hardcore.

-You cant teleport a ship to an port been attacked, dont have a ship there, well then sail.

The wolf(top PvP playrs)

- There will be a list counting 5 days back. Nr 1 is the one with have gotten must PvP marks. Lest say top 25, they are the wolf in the game.

-The Wolfs, is the elite in the nation, so the admiralty have higher demands. They will also get an ordre, but only have 24 hours to do it. Because they are the elite, small ships and traders don’t count.

- If they get killed ore fail, they loose 1 rank. They don’t take the ordre, they will get demoted 2 ranks.

Yes it is a bit harder to be a wolf. But is should be tough to be at top of the foodchain.

Think this version would be hardcore. Any other version is just a question on who you want to make easy mode for the sheep ore the wolf.

Edited by staun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

Not a good excuse. The game has more problems than just being too hardcore. A lot of the mechanics don't make sense or fit with the theme of the game. A lot of exploits and cheesy bugs still plague the OW, the sandbox still for the most part wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle. 

I say it always but ow pvp is still being directed towards capitals and freezones. A HUGE gameplay paradox where you're suppose to be safe but being exposed to the most danger, while also having this massive highly detailed map with nothing guiding players through it. There's a real lack of psychological push and gameplay stimulation. You're very much expected to mentally fill in the gaps in many aspects to be able to tolerate the gameplay. Wouldn't say that's an affect of the game but a defect.

Granted, the devs have gotten better keeping consistent in their patches, going towards a single goal. But there's still a lot of mess left over and a big part of it is the idea that this game runs, and runs well off of 

1. Very little information given to the player

2. Very little guidance on OW, nothing visually representative to gauge the state of conflict in game

3. Very little to no representation of land through gameplay. You get forts and ports but otherwise the only thing land serves is to shape the map, no economic or logistic aspects spur from coastal areas. It's all very you are a ship, and nothing exists in this game besides ships.

4. Being as inaccessible as possible without being literally glued to the game 7 hours a day catching all the battle news, conversations in chat and all hot locations of the day.

This isn't being hardcore, it's downright blindingly disconnected and incoherent. It's very hard to put life into this game when the game itself expels so little life to begin with. Nearly everything OW involved feels bizarre and desolate and disconnected. It reminds me a bit of this video lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6ScJLIp3Z8 (watch at your own discretion, it's not bad but not exactly pleasant)

Like you'd think you'd get a sense for the world beyond yourself and other players, a bustling 18th century caribbean, civilians, dockmasters, shop owners, military men, ants to you and your magnificent ship but still having an effect on the world (which is compressed and tabletop looking but doesn't mean it can't fit the mark)

But no, the OW is like the psychological horror of a realistic 18th century setting where nothing but overly sized ships exist, no people but the robot-like crew on bored and the invisible men manning the guns. No city has any population or traffic, just items and ships lol. No information is available to you. The admiralty is like your overlord but it's not a person or even a group of people. It's a entity that has no tangible body. It just sells you things and gives you obscure missions to attack bizarre AI that sails in fixed lines back and forth back and forth waiting to be slaughtered.

Doomed, in this world you are to fend for yourself like a stray dog, no one or nothing to guide you but yourself and the other captains doomed to the sea. God has abandoned you and you no longer receive signs from above to guide you on your path. Nothing is laid out for you, the only people who remain are  the ones who can loosely connect the dots of this disenfranchised world that you try to immerse yourself in and find tangible purpose.

so yea, still not there yet.

 

I’m not gonna read your book, I’m restating what @adminsaid. No one cares for those who expect to have their hand held

4981A759-F7DE-411A-B880-16F85F7A5FA3.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Vile Executioner said:

I’m not gonna read your book, I’m restating what @adminsaid. No one cares for those who expect to have their hand held

 

Then they should stop Holding hands for all kind of players, 

Soft players got 

- Reinforcement

- Green zone

- Can drop 3 missions.

Hard playrs got

- Battle jumping

- battle closes,  is an advantage for the hunter

- invisibility and wind advantage after a fight.

- limited chain, Think that helps the good PvP more than the soft player. But they havn’t limited balls, don’t get why not. Unless it is hand holding.

Pretty sure ppl can come up with more mechanic, that are hand holding. They should just purge the game for it. Also when they are on it, Lose ship knowledge and upgrades.

So less handholding for all and more skill.

Edited by staun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vile Executioner said:

I’m not gonna read your book, I’m restating what @adminsaid. No one cares for those who expect to have their hand held

HAHAHHA! If that's a book to you then I congratulate you on your 3rd grade education sir, not many of us make it so far! 

You definitely have all the brawns to still be a part of a fleet, but lead it? I dunno. Gotta be able to skim for that :D

Edited by Slim McSauce

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2018 at 3:50 AM, Vile Executioner said:

Well play another game lol. The game is for hardcore players who love the hardcore game, not for the developers money or for players who don’t see the developers game to be fun. If the game ain’t for you, it ain’t for you, move on and stop whining.

Careful on what you wish for. In the end of the day a game is a product, and if it's not viable anymore it will end.

I'm sure most of the players here had experience with games shutting down, and it's a shame when a game dies before it's time. It's very common now to see developers lost with lack of consensus in the player base, and games going thru development hell hole. You might get what you want, the ultimate hardcore game, but it will probably not last.

Edited by Jim Tiberius

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/5/2018 at 3:32 PM, admin said:

Captains

In one of the nearest patches green protected zones reinforcements will be changed. 

Instead of ships of the line local authorities will send veffels vessels that are appropriate to the attacker ship strength. 
For example: If 3 frigates rates attack a trader, 3 buffed reinforcement 5th rates will be sent as protection. 

Please adjust your trading routes or production accordingly, and spread this information to your nation's officers. 
 

How does it look after a week of testing in developers view? Good, bad? How does the stats from combats in reinforcements zone look (percentage wise combat won by deffenders with reinforcements and by attackers without)? Did you got rid of players that needs their hand held already or need more time? Did we already had increased number of PvP players logging and decreased logins of PvE crowd? Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2018 at 8:50 AM, Vile Executioner said:

Well play another game lol. The game is for hardcore players who love the hardcore game, not for the developers money or for players who don’t see the developers game to be fun. If the game ain’t for you, it ain’t for you, move on and stop whining.

Made a good laugh...I don’t see anything hardcore in this game where a simple turn that would take hours in real life can be achieved in one or two minutes...sailing is pretty straight forward, not that complicated...even the shooting is simplified.

Hardcore would be doing it like in real life, but then on the other hand I would have officers and gunners who can think for 2 cents and don’t shoot when there is not target in front of them.

The only „hardcore“ things are game mechanics that make some pretty straight forward things unnecessary complicated.

 

Oh, and every game is „for the developers money“ because, we’ll, they want to earn money with it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Borch said:

How does it look after a week of testing in developers view? Good, bad? How does the stats from combats in reinforcements zone look (percentage wise combat won by deffenders with reinforcements and by attackers without)? Did you got rid of players that needs their hand held already or need more time? Did we already had increased number of PvP players logging and decreased logins of PvE crowd? Any thoughts?

Think we would have to have admin delivere what you ask for,  but if we look at the chart I have linked. We have a lose in both peak players and in avg players. My guess is what thise numbers means is, players spend less time on the game. That don't have to be a bad thing ofc.  There may  be many reasons for ppl players spend less time in the game. Just look at the weather ottside. Soon we all will be on the beach and looking at young girls in a bikini.

I do belive the last patches starting with the merge and then until now, just slowly have drained ppl's fun in the game. Tutorial was a good thing. Did like the last test was hard, unless you chose to take on easy mode, with a boarding ore demast. But in my opinion the only decent change we have had lately is that one.

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For most players game is a couple of hours of escapism once in a while. Log on. Have fun. Log off.

And NA doesn't provide this right now. Let me give you an example. I had fun when large battles was easy to get to.

When Denmark and Sweden was at war and the joining times in battles where so long that you could log on, check the nation chat, sail out and join an on going battle. Fantastic to see and play.

Now those mechanics doesn't exist anymore. It got clanbased and PB orientated.  To get into a large battle takes preparation that exceed the time aviable. Hence it never really get any fun like before. 

So I log on and maybe fight an AI or two but that's kind of boring compared to old days, so I usually log off again and play Steel Division Normandy or similar. I love the age of sail but also like to have some fun when I play. 

NA isn't there yet. And maybe it will never come back to the time where it was playable and fun like before.

It was like one or two month of great gameplay in February to April 2016. Then devs began to kill the fun by making it too realistic with ROE that killed large battles and later grinding for shipbuilding etc.

The present clan system is not for normal players with ordinary life's.

So off course it's a small player base and an opportunity wasted.

Sad but also truth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, fox2run said:

When Denmark and Sweden was at war and the joining times in battles where so long that you could log on, check the nation chat, sail out and join an on going battle. Fantastic to see and play.

Now those mechanics doesn't exist anymore

While I disagree with your opinion that forever open battles serve for a "healthy" game experience, they do still exist.

Battles in reinforcment zones are open all the time, 90 min. Jamaica has had some action since that change. Maybe you should change to brits and keep nation chat open and join battles that are called out.

Second option are patrol zone battles. The patrol zones change daily, battes are open for 30 minutes. Sounds like exactly what you are asking for.

But I think it doesnt take a genius to realize that battles open for half an hour (the distance you can cover in OW in that time !!) without any BR restrictions dont work. Gank or get ganked. Thus there was an idea to first let those battles be open for a few minutes without limits, and after that have a 1.5x BR limit, so that players can join both sides while keeping it balanced and enjoyable. But no answer yet from dev. Side.

Edited by Liq
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Liq you made the poll about BR limits, result is Obvious, what %95 of people want ! 

@admin seems to ignore the problem, haven't seen a comment yet. I do not know what to say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe make the PvP server forPvP/RvR players. Let casual players play on PvE server. But maybe once a week make a cross over so players can fight each other in a big battle. But a battle where you can lose your ship. Dont think many PvP used fleet practice. 

Hell, I would even let them teleport firecylindrede to patrol area.  Then they would have the nice save PvE server for the casual play, and patrol if they want a fight.

Edited by staun

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, staun said:

Think we would have to have admin delivere what you ask for,  but if we look at the chart I have linked. We have a lose in both peak players and in avg players. My guess is what thise numbers means is, players spend less time on the game. That don't have to be a bad thing ofc.  There may  be many reasons for ppl players spend less time in the game. Just look at the weather ottside. Soon we all will be on the beach and looking at young girls in a bikini.

I do belive the last patches starting with the merge and then until now, just slowly have drained ppl's fun in the game. Tutorial was a good thing. Did like the last test was hard, unless you chose to take on easy mode, with a boarding ore demast. But in my opinion the only decent change we have had lately is that one.

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310

Well, thats why Im quotting Admin.

Presonaly I see plenty of Brits sunk in Jamaica reinforced zone. Plenty around Belize too. How it looks in other nations? Is it the same? I dont see so many clerk messages from other reinforced zones.

Maybe its a good choice to join another nation so then you can have some instant battles with newbies/ players that need their hand held in Jamaica reinforced zone. That would help getting them out of the game faster. I hope that will make OW better for real PvP players. Having a lot less battles but more quality ones, like in this thread :

 

Where most OW battles are pro's fighting other pro's.

I just hope that when casuals will be out, Pro players wont start using their tricks on each other to actually not having a battle when they dont have advantage. That would be shame. Probably some Pro's would stop logging too. Not too sure about that though. Need to test that again, because all the other tests wasnt definitive.

Can we have some stats/thoughts Game Labs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Borch said:

Well, thats why Im quotting Admin.

Presonaly I see plenty of Brits sunk in Jamaica reinforced zone. Plenty around Belize too. How it looks in other nations? Is it the same? I dont see so many clerk messages from other reinforced zones.

Maybe its a good choice to join another nation so then you can have some instant battles with newbies/ players that need their hand held in Jamaica reinforced zone. That would help getting them out of the game faster. I hope that will make OW better for real PvP players. Having a lot less battles but more quality ones, like in this thread :

 

Where most OW battles are pro's fighting other pro's.

I just hope that when casuals will be out, Pro players wont start using their tricks on each other to actually not having a battle when they dont have advantage. That would be shame. Probably some Pro's would stop logging too. Not too sure about that though. Need to test that again, because all the other tests wasnt definitive.

Can we have some stats/thoughts Game Labs?

Think the britts are in the hotspot. But there also lots more britts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2018 at 1:18 PM, Borch said:

Well, thats why Im quotting Admin.

Presonaly I see plenty of Brits sunk in Jamaica reinforced zone. Plenty around Belize too. How it looks in other nations? Is it the same? I dont see so many clerk messages from other reinforced zones.

Maybe its a good choice to join another nation so then you can have some instant battles with newbies/ players that need their hand held in Jamaica reinforced zone. That would help getting them out of the game faster. I hope that will make OW better for real PvP players. Having a lot less battles but more quality ones, like in this thread :

 

Where most OW battles are pro's fighting other pro's.

I just hope that when casuals will be out, Pro players wont start using their tricks on each other to actually not having a battle when they dont have advantage. That would be shame. Probably some Pro's would stop logging too. Not too sure about that though. Need to test that again, because all the other tests wasnt definitive.

Can we have some stats/thoughts Game Labs?

Yes ... pro players (whatever this may mean) will use their tricks even more against other pro players. And yes .... a lot of pro players will stop logging if they do not have easy PVP mark farming.

But when the few left pro players will have finally realized that - thanks to their wise suggestions - Naval actiont has become a desert, it will be too late.

The only way to make this game regain players is giving both pro players and casuals enough content, but creating such content needs money and resources that I doubt Game Labs is willing to put in this game now ... so bascially .... nothing much to do about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

all great,but

 i don't need reinforcement updates 

i need more space in docks

when the new ui arrives ,do we get more space or is 20 the limit? 

([  stuck in port all the time]    i can not do what i want to do)

can you give us players  any answer to that?

Edited by Thonys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, victor said:

Yes ... pro players (whatever this may mean) will use their tricks even more against other pro players. And yes .... a lot of pro players will stop logging if they do not have easy PVP mark farming.

But when the few left pro players will have finally realized that - thanks to their wise suggestions - Naval actiont has become a desert, it will be too late.

The only way to make this game regain players is giving both pro players and casuals enough content, but creating such content needs money and resources that I doubt Game Labs is willing to put in this game now ... so bascially .... nothing much to do about it.

No Victor, we in developement of NA already had time when OW PvP became rare thing ( I dont remember which patch was it) and the most PvP battles happening were big groups OW PB screening and PB's itself. You think those pro's realized what's happening? Absolutely not. They started crying about lack of small OW PvP action instead. Plenty left the game or made theselves a brak from playing. Most of those who stayed still cried about "snowflake carebearing revenge fleeting port huggers" and demanded changes towrds making "their" gameplay better.

People need to understand first to learn something. Second cant happen without first one.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Borch said:

No Victor, we in developement of NA already had time when OW PvP became rare thing ( I dont remember which patch was it) and the most PvP battles happening were big groups OW PB screening and PB's itself. You think those pro's realized what's happening? Absolutely not. They started crying about lack of small OW PvP action instead. Plenty left the game or made theselves a brak from playing. Most of those who stayed still cried about "snowflake carebearing revenge fleeting port huggers" and demanded changes towrds making "their" gameplay better.

People need to understand first to learn something. Second cant happen without first one.

 

Well devs can’t make all of us happy. Some will like it and some won’t. If we don’t like, well we are free to play something ells. Devs should just make the game they want. Ppl want to play it fine, ppl don’t want to play it, it is fine too. It is just s game. But would be nice if we knew what gameplay the where aiming after.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

devs should just make some ow objectives to get people to pvp around the map. Then new and casual players aren't getting blood sucked, and old players get their pvp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But isent that the patrol area. Dont think ppl use it that much. My guess is it don’t give the “Easy kill” and the risk is to big.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...