Game-Labs Forum

Penetration mechanics / thickness & wood types

Njord

Question

Greetings, fellow captains!

I have not played the game for a couple of weeks and noticed there has been a patch that changed the penetration mechanics and increased the importance of angles on armor in relation to the cannon ball trajectory. So I would like to know what choice of wood types is the meta now for OW PvP? Ships of particular interest are L'Ocean, Bellona and Belle Poule. Are T/WO ships still the best choice? Has anyone tested T/T Bellona or BP in OW? How do they compare to T/WO now?

I would also like to know what is generally considered the best wood combination for a OW PvP L'Ocean to get the maximum armor effectiveness out of it.

The constitution should suffer from these changes alot with its more than decent armor but god-aweful turnrate, making it harder to get a proper angle in order to deflect incoming shots. How noticeable are the changes really?

Thank you for any helpful input.

Edited by Sovereign

4 answers to this question

11 hours ago, Norfolk nChance said:

Give this a go also look in the guides section for more of this type of stuff.

Thanks mate, I know the stats but was wondering how important thickness is after the nerf ( especially on SOLs that can't turn fast to angle their armor ) ... for example how viable is L/WO on 1st rates compared to before the patch? L/WO gives lots of armor but makes the ship turn even slower, making it harder to angle the armor.

Apparently people don't know / haven't tested this enough yet...

Edited by Sovereign