Game-Labs Forum

So just wanna confirm the ROE really. We joined a patrol area battle today and split our fleet in two.
One group joined the Spanish one group joined the British and we had a epic battle of much enjoyment.

Is the ROE meant to be like this ? Either way was really fun and better than us just rolling into one side and ganking some poor sods.

See screenshot

20180331155810_1.thumb.jpg.36d5a387efc898887971c29713f0c90b.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Christoph said:

@admin

Please stop this joining with Basic Cutter!

I know it is annoying to some, but many times people have no boats in the area, are alone or in small groups that just get steamrolled over and over by large gank squads.  The basic cutter is a way to limit the pain of getting steamrolled over and over and over and over again. 

I personally have advised anyone in the brit nation (and ARMED clan specifically) to do the PVP zone, hoping they will get a taste of PVP and find it more enjoyable than grinding PVE ships ad nauseum.  PVP is where you learn to anticipate and adapt to an enemy, rather than just memorize the AI scripting.   I also frequently supply newer clanmates with capped ships to help encourage them to fight.  With the 5v1 to 6v1 rounds that happen, not taking a financial hit with each try helps embolden more people to fight.  The PVP zone is a challenge for ALL CAPTAINS, not just ones with ships the enemy deems worthy to fight, or more frequently, gank.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/3/2018 at 12:03 PM, JG14_Cuzn said:

Agreed 100%.  

Basic cutters should be banned from the daily PVP patrol. 

They should be ban from any PVP period.  Only allowed to tag ai and enter there own missions.  I also think it should be like POTBS where you couldn’t get a fallback ship if you owned other ships.  

• Like 2

On ‎31‎.‎03‎.‎2018 at 7:04 PM, Capt Trashal Early said:

So just wanna confirm the ROE really. We joined a patrol area battle today and split our fleet in two.
One group joined the Spanish one group joined the British and we had a epic battle of much enjoyment.

Is the ROE meant to be like this ? Either way was really fun and better than us just rolling into one side and ganking some poor sods.

Pirate clans only are able to join a battle on two different sides.

• Like 1