Game-Labs Forum

Clan Warehouse

Atreides

We have a clan who takes in lots of new and returning players: we train, equip, and share work amongst every member.  Everyone puts into the clan, weather it is mats, supplies or just labour hours.  In turn we supply them with ships, cannons and repairs.  ARMED has over 100 active members.  Our warehouse was emptied and an officer quit the clan at the same time.  We don't have a log for the warehouse available, which has caused the work of over 100 players to be stolen by one person. 

Is this the game the devs WANT?  You guys keep telling us to help the new people for retention of players to make a vibrant OW, but with the lack of BASIC MMO TOOLS the long term work of over 100 people was wiped out.  I would ask that the devs check the log and see who took the goods to return them, at least confirm who took them, or just give us a way to see who is removing items from the warehouse.  I know this is not a priority, and the devs have said "give us more money and we will think about it" (sic), but the fact ONE person can destroy the long term work of so many without any tracking tools (available to us) is frustrating.

Let us know who took it, help us return it, PM me about this... or just tell me tough luck, this game is an exercise in nihilism, where no one should support others.

sadly this is a common theme. Someone gets tired of the game and either does something extreme with their ports, or hello kittys over their clan because they can.

Although there would be no way to stop someone from pulling a heist like this, you could know who it was by their name and potentially even stop it as it's occurring if you had the information on hand.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

some mats and gold were stolen from VNM. we used to be an open warehouse clan. now we are not. the newbies now must wait for an appropriate member to be in our port with the warehouse to help them. which sucks for them. Clan Logs save lives!

Well frankly game development is insanely slow but I still maintain that would be ok if things would get implemented in full/in a thought through manner. Evidently clans and their warehouses were a very rushed topic with near to no overview in the warehosue, listing or accountability. Until recently we couldn#t even filter who was online unless we scrolled the entire list. Frankly clans and clan management are an integral part of any game where cooperation is helpful and especially in this game this is the case.Therefore this shouldve long been accessible and been moved far further then it has to date.

Edited by JollyRoger1516

2 hours ago, Atreides said:

Our warehouse was emptied and an officer quit the clan at the same time.  We don't have a log for the warehouse available, which has caused the work of over 100 players to be stolen by one person. 

Sounds like your own fault to be honest... could have been easily avoided by only giving officer rank to trustworthy people. But yeah, would be great if we could finally have clan warehouse logs... people have been asking for it for months...

48 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Thievery is not a huge issue, the bigger issue is lack of logs.

Agree completely... even with logs you can't do anything after your shit was stolen out of the CWH - you trusted some random dude and paid the price.  But logs would still be really good to organise and check everything better.

And tiered officer ranks. Rank 1 - invites only, rank 2 - take out mats, rank 3 - take out gold, rank 4 - set timers, rank 5 - creator.

I'm sorry for your loss but I don't think we should have logs in this game. Making someone an officer needs to be a big deal imo. An officer needs to be someone you know and trust. Lets be honest. Armed has had no quality control on who you are recruiting and by the looks of it you also make random idiots your officers. You cannot blame the game on your mistakes! You have 180 members in you clan. We have british alts that were invited to clan by just talking once in nation chat. That means you probably have 20 spies too. Logs or not. You still would have lost your shit so don't come to forums to cry about being scammed. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Landsman said:

Sounds like your own fault to be honest... could have been easily avoided by only giving officer rank to trustworthy people. But yeah, would be great if we could finally have clan warehouse logs... people have been asking for it for months...

How do you know who's trustworthy?

13 hours ago, HachiRoku said:

I'm sorry for your loss but I don't think we should have logs in this game

And here we see either a troll. A brown noser. Or something worse, someone that is serious. 

Here is why, logs allow for members to gain access to greater amounts of resources. Which allow for more gameplay, which allows for more pvp, teamwork, and fun. 

How do logs allow this? Trust.

If little Hachi joined VNM, stole all our shit, we have a log to prove it. Kick you out. Tell everyone on the forums with proof that you are a loser, you get screwed out of any decent clan, and hopefully just rot away at the bottom of the sea.

now if little Hachi is new, and thinks this devious thought, but knows he will be caught. And the consequences. Chances are little Hachi wouldn’t do it in the 1st rate. Mutual self assured anhilation. It worked for 30-40 years in real life. It can work here.

this is all just ignoring the simple fact that even in real life all warehouses have for hundreds, a thousand and a half thousand years, have been logged what goes in and out, by who and when. 

So now I ask you. Why in God’s green earth shouldn’t they be logged? It’s very simple and wouldn’t take hardly any data space if done correctly.

1 hour ago, OneEyedSnake said:

And here we see either a troll. A brown noser. Or something worse, someone that is serious. 

Here is why, logs allow for members to gain access to greater amounts of resources. Which allow for more gameplay, which allows for more pvp, teamwork, and fun. 

How do logs allow this? Trust.

If little Hachi joined VNM, stole all our shit, we have a log to prove it. Kick you out. Tell everyone on the forums with proof that you are a loser, you get screwed out of any decent clan, and hopefully just rot away at the bottom of the sea.

now if little Hachi is new, and thinks this devious thought, but knows he will be caught. And the consequences. Chances are little Hachi wouldn’t do it in the 1st rate. Mutual self assured anhilation. It worked for 30-40 years in real life. It can work here.

this is all just ignoring the simple fact that even in real life all warehouses have for hundreds, a thousand and a half thousand years, have been logged what goes in and out, by who and when. 

So now I ask you. Why in God’s green earth shouldn’t they be logged? It’s very simple and wouldn’t take hardly any data space if done correctly.

Im sorry you feel that way about me :( 

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Im sorry you feel that way about me :( 

That doesn't answer why we should unrealistically not have logs. Behind the name-calling he does hide a good point.

Logs of who takes what in and out of warehouses are realistic and add accountability. They would make it a lot easier to help new players.

2 separate clan logs will be provided in the next big patch

1) Money log - only showing the withdrawals of money and marks
2) Resource log - showing last 25 transactions with the warehouse (with the exception of money and marks) 

• Like 18

49 minutes ago, admin said:

2 separate clan logs will be provided in the next big patch

1) Money log - only showing the withdrawals of money and marks
2) Resource log - showing last 25 transactions with the warehouse (with the exception of money and marks) 

Great news and it's just the little thing that helps.  Later more can get added even after the game is released, but these where things that where really really needed for clans to work.

46 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Withdrawal ok, but why no deposit? + if possible log of players that join/leave clan. Can be last 5 actions.

The money needs to be withdraw and deposit.  I liked the example some one gave, "6 players said they put 1 million into the bank, but there is only 5 million in the bank, which one is the liar?"  While we should have trust issue with our clan members, but folks are human and folks like to keep their shiney penny's and not share them, but if just a few guys are supporting the clan but every one is taking from it, that clan will fail pretty fast.

I think the last 25 transaction for both is a good limit.  The other day it was mention like 1 days worth which can be bad if some one stole it one day and it wasn't noticed until the next day or two.  Though unless you have a lot of transaction 25 should be plenty to show a log of the latest transactions for both money and Mats.

7 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

As 5 actions I meant players that joined/left the clan. Transactions should be maybe 25, so someone simply does not spam some 100 gold deposits or so to cover thievery. 

Yah but that can be added later, the main thing is the Money withraw/deposit and resources is very much needed.