Game-Labs Forum

Cheat suspected

On 18/3/2018 at 2:29 AM, admin said:

data hacking is impossible because all data - even waves and water are on the server. 

Although you can of course share the videos in this topic. Add them as unlisted videos to youtube or add to a dropbox folder and share the link to the folder here

Instead of "hijack" network traffic and modify it on the fly???

• Like 1

9 hours ago, deltonos said:

Instead of "hijack" network traffic and modify it on the fly???

Hijacking traffic will only work if some calculations are done on the client, like in CS or PUBG. If math is in the client then you can replace server messages with your messages. For example in most client based games you can replace 30 damage with 60 damage and your client will take 60 damage as the real number.

In Naval Action client has no math at all, its only for showing you a beautiful picture and get your button clicks. All math is on the server. hijacking traffic is useless: you can replace your Surprise structure to 100,000 but it will achieve nothing; on the server your ship structure is still a 2400hp ship and it will die when it receives 2400hp damage.

• Like 4

I fully understand what @Admin says but still would like to understand, how such a massively different perception of a combat situation is possible.

Is it possible that there is a "blind spot" (e.g. an angle where balls go through the enemy ship without doing any damage at all or bounce directly down to the water,...)?

I can imagine that the other players had their ships equipped with Edinonorg 1-pood Cannons, what allowed them to do you massive damage at closest range, but have no idea, what you did, not to harm them.

Btw.: yes floating batteries are a very relaxing upgrade on a Lo/Wo Santi/L'Ocean. I love my L'Ocean with only cartagena and 5-Rings(, a boarding-power-machine on pve Server^^).

9 minutes ago, blademage said:

I fully understand what @Admin says but still would like to understand, how such a massively different perception of a combat situation is possible.

Is it possible that there is a "blind spot" (e.g. an angle where balls go through the enemy ship without doing any damage at all or bounce directly down to the water,...)?

angle influence will be adapted in the next patch

• Like 3