Game-Labs Forum

Cheat suspected

I suspect these players as cheaters.

- [VOLVO] Water MMT

- [VOLVO]  Yang Ty

- [VVV]  Zhou STX

- [VOLVO] BengBeng Monster

They must have cracked source codes of the game to modify the stats of their ships : 

During a battle near Fort Royal on saturday 03.17.18 at about 17.00 servertime, it was nearly impossible to penetrate hull, even with all the cannons of a Santissima, side to side.

My Santi had cartagena caulking refit, navy structure refit , and bridgetown frame refit, and i took much more damages in this position.

The french players who participated this battle are PVP experienced in this game.

Moreover we have managed many rakes, killing no or few crew...

This is my first post in the Tribunal, and i would never post if i were not pretty sure of these facts.

I play this game since january 2016, and i have played many PVP battles. 

This is the first time that i note such an obvious cheat.

We ask for the admin to investigate on that case. 

You can contact me for videos (bad quality...)

These way of playing may kill this game.

Many thanks.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Groslulu77 said:

You can contact me for videos (bad quality...)

data hacking is impossible because all data - even waves and water are on the server. 

Although you can of course share the videos in this topic. Add them as unlisted videos to youtube or add to a dropbox folder and share the link to the folder here

• Like 1

Perhaps it would be valuable to the community, if the video was shared, and proper explanation was given as to why this happened.

as if "the target was a x-y built, and as clearly the target timed angleing to perfection" ( or something like that)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, dagdriver said:

Perhaps it would be valuable to the community, if the video was shared, and proper explanation was given as to why this happened.

as if "the target was a x-y built, and as clearly the target timed angleing to perfection" ( or something like that)

Guys watch the video's of the cabal clan or of the portbattle at samana, use a shipcalculator and think of HP-upgrades that were not used by many players.

It is possible with the ressources of the game.

• Like 2

I confirm the explanation of Groslulu, I participated in this fight and since the terrible desmat of the god Lenin PvP, a single word comes to mind "impossible" since the overhaul of the armor of the ships.

At 100 meters or 50 meters, almost all the damage did nothing, the passages at the rear of the ships killed only very few crew members.

We have for one hour 30 minutes to insist like crazy on the same flank to be able to sink them ... and remake another to be able to sink them all ...

VOLVO and the members are pretty much in the very basic PvP gameplay, and 2 hours later we did a PvP fight with redii, pala, pinsel and other good players and we did not have big problems like that. in their style of play that everything else has chosen and we know they build, "them", their ships rather well.

I want to believe (naive) that some are learning very quickly at NA and the subtle profession of ships, but we are passing more or less efficient ships, to yamato battleship class ...

I almost never ask questions about it, but I ask you to research these players because they cheated or the good players of NA have become ridiculous next to them ...
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Fouchet said:

I almost never ask questions about it, but I ask you to research these players because they cheated or the good players of NA have become ridiculous next to them ...

You did not consider two things.
First of all, Stalin is a really great player.
Secondly, Live Oak  - White Oak ships are indestructible in equal combat at the current meta.

1 hour ago, Fouchet said:

lol

You laugh but I went out to the PvP zone in my lo/wo Santi the other day this whole fleet barely scratched me. I only lost a third of my armour but look how many I sank. It's the tankiest build I've ever used the only slight problem was barely moving. I imagine they had a similar build to mine.

20180314233416_1.jpg.d9693f07fe41e26f0faf5ab4333588aa.jpg

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough

We don't call them panzer's for nothing,Cabal shipyard built to order,sailed to sink. :). If people never use the unpopular mods then they forget how impressive given the right combination's they can be.

There was a change in one of the recent patches that made angling more important. Lineships feel very tanky again because of that.

I fought against a Live Oak White Oak Bucentaure (no other thickness mods) and also had problems penetrating with my 32 carros in boarding range, because I had not a perfect angle.

Maybe you had the same issue.

You said you killed them. Do you know which wood they had and which upgrades they used?

4 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

@admin We know the penetration at 50m of cannons, what's the penetration at 25m and less? Technically ball has its the highest velocity at the very start and the highest energy as well. Very often it feels like when "hugging" or sticking to enemy ship side by side, it's still almost impossible to penetrate some hulls as the balls just bounce and that's ridiculous. I don't believe in any cheats used, but just a game design. 

i have the feeling a lot of shots with start and endpoint to close to each other result in unsync shots therefore dealing no dmg. At least that was one issue i had as shotlog was still ingame

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

This is basic and most of us know it: When your health is at 100% you bounce more shots. The the more thickness you have, the more balls will bounce/not penetrate. As you take damage the "wood" becomes weaker and you start to take more damage/more balls penetrate.

I belive (a lot if discussions here with others btw) that if you stack hp and thickness mods, you get more HP you can lose before your armour (thickness) is weakened. This makes sense imo. So as long as they repair early and keep their health on a broadside over the magic threshold of 85% (+/- !?), they keep bouncing shots most shots.    

I have encountered some players in very slow 1. rates, that are hard to penetrate even with double charge fired close at perfect parallell. I belive they use cartagena refit, navy hull refit and floating battery. When these tank ships are combined with repair and reload skills they are hard to kill. If they also have poods (Edinrough cannons) and determent defender, then your in for a world of hurt xD

But this is all in theory.. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, admin said:

data hacking is impossible because all data - even waves and water are on the server. 

Although you can of course share the videos in this topic. Add them as unlisted videos to youtube or add to a dropbox folder and share the link to the folder here

hacking servers have been around since code breakers in the 40's admin. trust me, you arent nearly the programmers you think you are if you think you are unhackable. The developers of CoD, Battlefield, CS, and several other multi million dollar games have all been hacked before, after them saying "it isnt possible."  Im not saying that the case of this tribunal is a hack,  but please do not be so naive, it worries your community when you say such things, and makes us all feel less secure, and less inclined to play an "unsinkable ship." *looks at the titanic*

What makes this relevant to this case? Well id like to think that it could provide an insight into the idea that nothing is "impossible" and I am just pleading with you to take these cases more seriously. Because the moment your game is truly hacked and it goes public, all this it is impossible talk will come back in a hard to take way. 

Further more, the whole entire crew not dying thing, has happened to me several times before, and another case was reported of this, I also would ask that you take a look at how crew are behaving when hit by grape balls and cannon balls. Perhaps their hit boxes are not correct?

As far as the not being able to penetrate, more than likely the angle multiplier combined with thickness hasnt been fully understood by the players experiencing this issue yet. Angle of deflection is a multiplier, not a cumulative value. Thus any angle will greatly decrease your chance of penetration. Take for example the constitution in real life. Old Ironsides, while she was shooting at smaller ships, still was bouncing shots from 12lb cannons, this was crazy by any standards at the time, and I dont believe her builders had hacked life haha.   

• Like 1

Regarding not Bering able to taking Crew. We have a geek that did the math. With the right boks and upgrades you can get 100 Crew reduktion. We testes it a week ago. And it worked, they coukdn’t decrew the ship, with cannons, it only lost Crew in bosrding.

20 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I call bullshit, max 85% crew resistance and such build is shit because it's fragile (mahogany planking). Such ship would be still easy to sink.

I count to 100 :D

Crew Damage Received Decrees Percent

1. Iron Knees - 15%
  2. Reinforced Stern / Reinforced Bow - 15%
  3. The Ground Book - 20%
  4. Service Historique de la Marine  - 15%
  5. Book of Five Rings - 20%
  6. Mahogany Planking  - 15%

Total - 100%

I would like to see how this setup will work :D

Edited by qw569
  • Like 1

a single word comes to mind "impossible" since the overhaul of the armor of the ships.

I was in this battle too, and the same word that came to my mind. is what I saw was impossible....you can't believe 3 times more skilled players with  good ships (most in LO/WO)  barely damage these players while in the meantime they almost destroy 50% of your armor in one broadside, you can't understand that with a bowfigure rattlesnake and french gunners on your Belona you only kill 6 crew in 2 stern rake. They didn't made any good turn to angle, they sustained direct hits in a fairly straight line.

In comparison, the next battle with very good players (Reddi, Pit Pinsel, Palatinose...) was relaxing and enjoyable ;)

2 years of NA and never seen that, never.

15 hours ago, OneEyedSnake said:

Further more, the whole entire crew not dying thing, has happened to me several times before, and another case was reported of this, I also would ask that you take a look at how crew are behaving when hit by grape balls and cannon balls. 

Crew damage is under investigation. 

The rest of the concerns is just positioning and fit-outs. With increased angle influence focus fire becomes extremely important and wasting shot on masts or shooting at angle results in complete loss of dps. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, rediii said:

Isn't 100% just half the crewdamage? So instead of 300ppl you lose 150?

They had the following upgrades:

reinforced bow, reinforced stern, iron knees (permenant upgrades)

(shipknowledge) Service historique de la marina, ground book, book of the five rings.

And with a mahohnay 115 % should be possible. They stand by there claim that they coudn't take external crew damage. Only lost crew in boarding

• Like 1