Game-Labs Forum

Give us proper clan management / finances!

Now that money for port upkeep is getting more and more important with the new timer cost and it's influence on RvR, it's time that we finally get some proper clan management and finance tools.

Problems:

There is no convenient way to see even the most basic financial stats of a clan. Like total income and total cost. It's ridiculous that we either need to click every port in town management tab and manually write down costs and income, or write an external script to pull it from the api, to get this most basic of information!

Another feature that is sorely lacking is basic bookkeeping on the clan warehouse. We don't even have 'total money put in', 'total money taken out', 'total spent on upkeep' etc.

To take CABAL as an example, we seem to be managing paying for our massive upkeep, but nobody really knows how we're managing, because all we have to go on is final clan warehouse balance.

@admin you really need to address this stuff before finalizing the UI.

• Like 15

1 minute ago, trashiiii said:

I suspect a bug in the timers and costs. If younset the timer prepatch and didnt change it maybe it didnt change to 500k and still is 100k

I also suspect a bug, but without any tools at all it's impossible to check.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I would just be happy with logs for sure.

yeah ..logs

told ya..

not that we need them, there s nothing to log , lol

i must take a hide ...Incomming

Edited by Thonys

3 hours ago, Knobby said:

@admin you really need to address this stuff before finalizing the UI.

Clan management tools are not a priority at this stage
Before that - If clan member is not willing to file the tax in person - kick him. As a 18th century guild leader you should not ask what you can do for your clan member, ask what a clan member can do for you.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I beg you, for the good of our beloved game, to try to do it before official release.

You don't understand one thing
Game need players more than advanced mass tax tools
Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Liam790 said:

Also the hiding the ship names, while inconvenient to lot of players, is overcome via experience as we can recognise ships by sight..... but I'm going to guess a new player has no idea what a Bellona or wasa or endy look like by sight.

You can still see the BR and why do you have to talk to an enemy? Its red kill it. Dont let a new player think "oh it might be Clan xy i am not allowed to kill it". Its red sink it. No names best recent change.

Or du you miss the alt protection that you could write "hey i am xys alt dont attack me" ?

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 5

22 minutes ago, admin said:

Amount of players interested in mass tax tools is extremely limited compared to players interested in the tutorials and new player experience.

If game ratings improve we can expand the scope of things we work on, but until then our hands are tied.

It's not about mass tax tools, it's about logs! It's about getting insight in our finances, it's about quality of life for managing a clan, not having to click every single port and write it down and having to do this every day. 

And secondary to that, we suspect a bug with upkeep, but without even basic tools there is no way to check. You want us to test the game and we are more than willing, but if you don't give us proper tools there is only so much we can do.

Edited by Knobby
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, admin said:

Clan management tools are not a priority at this stage
Before that - If clan member is not willing to file the tax in person - kick him. As a 18th century guild leader you should not ask what you can do for your clan member, ask what a clan member can do for you.

16 minutes ago, admin said:

Lol, really?? 

1 minute ago, Liam790 said:

Well I talk to a lot of people sailing around.

Also the BR, like I said, is a disadvantage to new players who maybe haven't memorised a list of ships they have never sailed. Just revert it. The change gained NOTHING.

you can still look at your BR and the enemy BR compare it and decide. No need to give the BR ship names.

6 minutes ago, Liam790 said:

You seem to be missing my point.

- Disadvantaging new players
 - Pointless change with no benefits
 - I don't want to be sat there working out what ship I'm looking at (Given they change the BR of ships every 5 minutes)

I see your point and disagree.

Disadvantaging new players - Why? A new player wouldnt evenknow Liq. New players can still compare their BR displayed in the left with the BR of the enemy and decide about their next actions.

Pointless change with no benefits - Oh sorry for the first time elite pvpler have to fight each other because they dont know the name of the other side. And alts have no free to pass card.

I don't want to be sat there working out what ship I'm looking at - see the first point. Just compare the BRs no need to know every BR for every ship.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, z4ys said:

As new player would you care hwo to organize a clan? I doubt that.  As new player you have other problems.

New players become veterans in a short time and claim those tools. In addition many of the veterans have gone among other things for the lack of those tools. Which we would start to fix with a log ...

3 minutes ago, Jorge said:

New players become veterans in a short time and claim those tools. In addition many of the veterans have gone among other things for the lack of those tools. Which we would start to fix with a log ...

I doubt that a lot of people just quit right away they dont even join a clan.

Edited by z4ys

10 minutes ago, Liam790 said:

I preferred it when they just told us the ship. Changing it to BR has not hidden the ship, just made it more of a pain. Arnt changes suppose to make it easier? I cant see any real gain in what they have done.

And BR alone is not a fair comparison. Anyone who plays at all knows that. You want to know the ship. For example a surprise has bugger all BR but will tag you in for a victory to catch up. An Aggy has much more BR but I would take my chances in a trinc  given he cant follow me upwind at all.

At that point you figured that out you arent a new player anymore therefore you will have the skill to judge it by yourself. Why is it exactly a pain for you? What did you write your enemies when you saw them?

1 minute ago, Knobby said:

guys this threat is not about seeing names in OW, don't hijack the threat pls , thank you.

Its about new player experience.

Edited by z4ys

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I doubt that a lot of people just quit right away they dont even join a clan.

As it turns out that in this game it is important to belong to a clan because if you are not in one you will lose an important part of it, the PBs. I don't know if you think RvR is not very important ...

Just now, Jorge said:

As it turns out that in this game it is important to belong to a clan because if you are not in one you will lose an important part of it, the PBs. I don't know if you think RvR is not very important ...

its endgame content so yes it is not important for new players.

4 minutes ago, z4ys said:

exactly

Simplifying taxation for 50 members is not on the mind of the player who just bought a store npc surprise
AND - 
removing the names actually increases pvp for him - because he does not know about some imaginary agreements that were agreed upon before he joined the game
we dont want him to ally with enemies. We want him to sink everyone. All captains who dont belong to his nation are nameless bastards that must be destroyed from the face of the earth. And - whats important for pvp:  When they type lol in chat he should only see "kek".  Less communication with enemies = more pvp (+less hate)

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Jorge said:

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

1 minute ago, Liam790 said:

Well regardless, I prefer the old style on this point.

See who your fighting and What your fighting. Is that to much to ask?

Take it elsewhere, make a dedicated thread! This is about clan management!

1 minute ago, admin said:

exactly

Simplifying taxation for 50 members is not on the mind of the player who just unlocked a surprise
AND - 
removing the names actually increases pvp for him because we dont want you to ally with enemies. Sink everyone. All captains who dont belong to your nation are nameless bastards that must be destroyed from the face of the earth.

SO your taking away the politics and RP of the game from the players?  Thought this was a sandbox we could do what ever we want.  Hell Might as well go play NA:L if that is what you want for the OW too....

Some small nations and clans need to do do alliances to help each other out other wise the only ones that will all ways win are your mega clans/nations over and over and over.

• Like 6