Game-Labs Forum

Pls make Patrol Areas be closer to the Port you Accepted them

As Title says lol

Seriously.

I take a Patrol Mission. Want to go to the Patrol.

And its Half the Map away.

Its going to take me like an Hour or something just to get there assuming I wont be Intercepted.

This aint going to Work.

How am I supposed to get any Reward out of PvP if I first have to Drive an Hour to the Patrol Area which I will likely never even Reach lol

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Sunleader said:

How am I supposed to get any Reward out of PvP if I first have to Drive an Hour to the Patrol Area which I will likely never even Reach lol

I doubt that when you go alone you will see any reward. You might have to go there 5 times before you actual finish the mission. And in that case the 10pvp marks are not worth the effort.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I doubt that when you go alone you will see any reward. You might have to go there 5 times before you actual finish the mission. And in that case the 10pvp marks are not worth the effort.

If it's the only way you're going to get PVP marks though...

1 minute ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

If it's the only way you're going to get PVP marks though...

Now with battles always open you can gank the carezone gankers. much more profit less risk

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

how does a pver get pvp marks in pvp missions without pvping?

The patrol area missions allow you to attack PvE fleets for the damage as well as player fleets for the damage objective. If you spawn these missions by the ports you accept them in, it allows pve players to get pvp marks. It would be a glorified combat order.

1 hour ago, Westgate said:

The patrol area missions allow you to attack PvE fleets for the damage as well as player fleets for the damage objective. If you spawn these missions by the ports you accept them in, it allows pve players to get pvp marks. It would be a glorified combat order.

HUH, really? Well I'll have to try that. It's a combat order with the possibility of getting ganked by pvpers in the zone.

2 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

HUH, really? Well I'll have to try that. It's a combat order with the possibility of getting ganked by pvpers in the zone.

a high possibility of getting ganked because the combat stays open for 25mins. so best thing to do is buy a store bought ship sail into the circle and go down fighting. all you have to do is 20k damage. you don't have to get a kill. so for 100k storebought ship with mediums you can get 10 pvp marks. its basically like paying 100k for a pvp mark knowing your going to sink in the process..... its not that bad of a deal tbh 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sunleader said:

As Title says lol

Seriously.

I take a Patrol Mission. Want to go to the Patrol.

And its Half the Map away.

Its going to take me like an Hour or something just to get there assuming I wont be Intercepted.

This aint going to Work.

the patrol zones will be next to the free ports in the game...  so get an outpost at the free ports and you will be next to the missions. shroud/tortue/aves/tumbado. 

6 hours ago, Slim Jimmerson said:

I havnt tested it yet.

Cause well too far away lol

But this is actualy what I tought as well.

I think the PvP Patrols are not so much to cause Duels.

But to Create a PvP Hotspot. Where People gather and do PvP.

PvE Players can get PvP Marks by being in that Hotspot and have a way to get Rewards even if they never Win a Single PvP Fight.

PvPers got an Area where they have a higher Chance of Finding Fights and Targets.

At the same time as other PvPers will be there they will also find more actual PvP Targets

In General its an attempt to recreate the Situation we had back in the Day. When every National Port would have Reinforcement NPC Fleets.

Back then due to all Nation Ports being sort of Safezones. The Freeports were a PvP Hotspot.

I think what they are trying. Is To Bring back this PvP hotspot by simply designating an Area as such an PvP Hotspot and giving Players Rewards for Playing there.

Their other mentioned reason. To Teach Players that losing a Ship is not really a Problem. Is of course also included.

But I think the Primary Target really is to get a PvP Hotspot Area where PvP happens.

This is in fact also a Good Idea.

Because in a PvP Hotspot you will always have more PvPers around. So forming a Ganking Group thats outside the Power level of what Random PvPers can Unite to Deal with is much harder.

Current Problem is a Ganking Group cant be Beaten by the like 3 guys which do PvP in the port Attacked. And it would take an Hour to get People from other Ports.

But with the PvP Hotspot. You can assume to always find enough PvPers in a short Distance around it. To go and Kill a Ganker Group.

I really hope this Works.

But Seriously.

We need 3-4 of these Zones Spread on the Map.

Nobody is going to Travel 1-2 Hours every Day to Follow these Zones....

• Like 1

Pretty fun but I have experienced bugs where you cant join some battles. 

I think 25v25 is too big, it lets one side fill up to 25 and wipe out a 15 man group. 10v10 or 15v15 seems more feasible.