Game-Labs Forum

Information on the open world patrol missions

Hello captains

Within a week new type of daily mission will appear in game for testing

Rules:

• Arrive to a designated area
  • Deal as much damage as possible to ships located in that area (both players and npc's count), return to the zone if you sink to finish the goal.
    • all damage counts, crew, sails, structure, planking.
  • Receive PVP marks for completion (by claiming in the mission interface)
  • All other considerations are secondary, running is discouraged, ships expendable.

Motivation to fight

• To discourage running, escape is impossible from the battles created within the patrol zone. 
  • Exit is only possible if all enemies are sank
  • Running from battles is punishable by death (your ship is destroyed)
  • Battle zone within the combat instance gives plenty of room initially, but shrinks to 500m Radius by 1h-25 mins to completely remove the desire to kite or sail around

Rewards

Initial mission rewards are set as follows - for testing!: Deal 20000 damage, receive 10 PvP marks
(for reference purpose if you de-sail and destroy a trader's brig you will get 6000 damage)

• Once the basic mission is tested we will we will add tiered rewards which will allow you to receive more rewards if you survive longer and stay in the zone longer.
  • We will also add more things to admiralty stores to spend the pvp marks on (including more ship notes, books and upgrades).

Locations

Admiralty will provide a new patrol area every 24 hours from the following list.

• Nassau patrol: area between nassau and shroud cay - nearest freetown Shroud cay
  • Hispaniola patrol: area in the hispaniola channel - nearest freetown La tortue
  • Tumbado Patrol: area between cuba and tumbado - nearest freetown Tumbado
  • Antilles Patrol - area between aves and antilles islands chain - nearest freetown Aves

With the exception of nassau - other initial locations are in the open water. But we will consider adding more zones or changing locations to areas with more islands if needed. 

• Like 25

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

And what if my enemy runs? Am I stuck in battle for the full duration than?

Pls noooooooooooo

Circle of doom keeps you from running, remember old flag port battles and the shrinking circle?

Though that just made me thing Traders run, wouldn't they run into the circle of doom lol

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 1

Sounds interesting, I welcome new content. Any issues etc we'll hopefully find out by doing it. 

Although the whole Patrol thing sounds odd for Pirates perhaps 'Raiding' might be better ;)

Can we not have Treasure Fleets yet? Just AI Fleets that sail around like they do now but consist of for example... Indiaman with a bunch of AI Combat ships which Follow it? Make the AI ships also just follow the indiaman that way people just can't kite the ships away and focus the Indiaman?

Edited by Bloody Hound

@admin What ever happen to the elite AI in OW?  I know folks don't want to get attacked by AI, but would be nice to find a named AI or something you can fight and get a boosted reward.  Something more on a small scale than Epic events.  You tag an OW ship/fleet only to find out when inside it's a Named Elite NPC with better states and rewards/loots.   Make it random so you will never know if that NPC is normal or elite.

• Like 6

@shaeberle84

Ah, nobody will go there with a ship that is worth a single tear. I think it will just happen like this:

Capture an AI-Ship, put some repairs on it and sail to massacre zone. Arrived there attack next ship you see and fire until your cannons glow ... reach 20000 damage or sink and repeat ...

Edited by Trino

2 minutes ago, Trino said:

Ah, nobody will go there with a ship that is worth a single tear. I think it will just happen like this:

Capture an AI-Ship, put some repairs on it and sail to massacre zone. Arrived there attack next shop you see and fire until your cannons glow ... reach 20000 damage or sink and repeat ...

If you wanna get farmed you can do that.

Crafting a decent 5th rate is not hard...

I really dislike the fact that this will destroy the PvP marks market :/

Hope I can still sustain my costs by only doing PvP.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

You will get farmed by Grps regardless like the good old pvp zone time. 

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

I think on the price of the cannons ... i bet capturing ships is more cost-effective ... XD 

And you will get farmed in every case, there is always a bigger fish ... 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Trashed Privateer said:

What is the goal of the patrol and why does it allow ganking? It will come down who will bring bigger fleet.

Goal= pvp mark + to show NAL will be the better arena game

so 1 crew = 1sail hp = 1 hull hp =  1 dmg ?

Will we be assigned to a type of ship in this zone ? Or everyone will come in fleet of victory to gank everything, letting small cerberus do few sails dmg before getting dismasted and instasank ?

Will battles be closed at the start or same ow roe will be kept ?

So what your solution then to get people out of the safezone? Map is too big, you cant just make a mission ala "damage enemy players."

1on1 area and 3on3 area at different locations like the rookie zone once ;-)

+ Finally a reward system that scales and highly discourage ganking

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

So what your solution then to get people out of the safezone? Map is too big, you cant just make a mission ala "damage enemy players."

Why not? Given everyone has a daily mission: do 20.000 damage on enemy players ... Why they cant sail to freetowns or enemy capitals? In most cases they just need to go out of safezone to get a fight because enemy is alread before there capital ...