Game-Labs Forum

bottles from global

King of Crowns

Question

9 answers to this question

22 minutes ago, seanjo said:

You saved them?....I can't wait to open the ones I get! I get all happy-clappy when I get one!

5a9e68b6721f1_happyclappy.gif.6166ee6c9941b786e602c9dc112e5692.gif

They gave crap loot so that is the same as we did once they stop dropping good loot. I didn't even notice they didn't come over since not all our warehouse stuff was on my char.  Though now I been getting good loot, but can OLD FLAG OFFICER STOP DROPPING, I gotten that three times in a row on the same day.

• Like 2

Last days when I went cruising from one side of the map to the other, back and forth, something like 72 game-days at sea with constant fishing, I got NO bottle at all. The hope to get a worthy bottle content is why I am fishing at all. I love the surprises those sealed bottles contain (or don't contain).

Maybe bottles were temporarily switched off by some recent update?

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Maybe bottles were temporarily switched off by some recent update?

Probably just nerfed to 0.00000000000000000000001% dropchance. Bottles gave every player a chance to get good upgrades only by being in OW... and we don't want people sailing in OW or people to have good upgrades without being 24/7 powergamers, now do we?

• Like 1

Bottle content got buffed, so i assume bottle drop chance got nerfed. Maybe just an ill theory, but i think you cant fish up a bottle near to land ... i think all my bottles i found on high sea...

Edited by Trino

On 2018-03-27 at 5:33 AM, Trino said:

Bottle content got buffed, so i assume bottle drop chance got nerfed. Maybe just an ill theory, but i think you cant fish up a bottle near to land ... i think all my bottles i found on high sea...

You can get bottles close to land, and in safezone too.  I got one right outside the port of montego bay.  But over the last week or so drop rate seems to be much lower.  Considering I have an account trading 6-8hrs a day, I have not had a bottle in more than 5 days....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SKurj said:

You can get bottles close to land, and in safezone too.  I got one right outside the port of montego bay.  But over the last week or so drop rate seems to be much lower.  Considering I have an account trading 6-8hrs a day, I have not had a bottle in more than 5 days....

I am starting to think, (after  looking at the loot tables and fishing for 2 weeks straight), that the bottle drop rate has a factor which is hidden. 

The loot tables give it 0.013 chance (so each cycle of catching something, you have 0.013/whatever the total chance values are for the bottle to be selected on the RNG dice roll). But, some people seem far "luckier" than others in their dice rolling, independent of the "fisher" perk (I have one clan mate who gets 2 bottles for every 1 I catch, fishing in the same location, at the same time). We had thought there was some "resetting" factor when you went in and out of port, but then further testing showed this not to be the case.

I do think, based on the loot tables, that certain regions have a better chance in giving bottles (due to fewer fish types or lower totals), but other than that I am still trying to figure out if there is any way to increase your chances consistently.

Oh, and confirm your response to Trino, every fishing loot table contains sealed bottle at 0.013 chance.

Edited by BPHick