Game-Labs Forum

Alliance between clans: a proposal

Given the actual system of access to port battles (based on the friend status), it could be useful to implement a mechanic that could make things easier: alliances.

Basically an alliance is a group of clans that are all friend to each other.

1) one clan creates the alliance, sets the name thereof and that will be the clan that decides who is in and out

2) once a clan is in the alliance, he automatically gains the "friend" status with all the other clans in the same alliance

3) (optional) each alliance could have a OS TAG that will be dislayed also on players' names.

17 minutes ago, seanjo said:

hello kittying clans...sort yourselves out, if you're in the same Nation work together and leave your hello kittying large headed ego's at the door!

It's clear that you do not know how access to port battles works now. 

1 minute ago, rediii said:

Why?

What would change?

Maybe you do not see the difference because (I'm assuming that) in your faction you have just a couple of big clans dominating the RVR.

But other factions have different situations.

1 minute ago, rediii said:

We have a lot of little clans actually

You just ask for a bigger friendlist right? Would agree on that

more or less yes, it would be an automatic mutual friendlist (as well as the first step for a even more clan based RvR approach in the future)

Edited by victor

54 minutes ago, victor said:

It's clear that you do not know how access to port battles works now. 

I'm not sure what your point is and if you understood my post...I know you have to be in a clan to enter a PB, that's why I screen when available.

15 minutes ago, seanjo said:

I'm not sure what your point is and if you understood my post...I know you have to be in a clan to enter a PB, that's why I screen when available.

My point is how about the clan friendship mechanic works now. Alliences would make the whole thing much easier.

Mechanics must work always, not now, not then.

They must be blind to present, past or future considerations.

Hence the questions - Why and how.

Describe the specifics and the benefits to the whole game, all nations, all levels of gameplay and above all, to the whole average mass of playerbase.