Game-Labs Forum

Safezone? Yes! For max lvl too? No!

Hey at all :D

I have only a small input, but what do you think about if this game would do a change in the system how a safezone should work. I could not been possible that 3/4 of a nation is permanetly sitting in a safezone... thats no open world PvP gamen then... I mean i can take myself as an example, i can do nearly all i need inside the safezone... ive got all my materials without whiteoak and Teak in the safezones, i got my missions and fleets to earn money in the safezone... i mean i leave this savezone only for Portbattles and if i go hunting too, and where i go to hunt ? ... to next nations savezone... this is ridicoulus and need a change...

I mean nothing against a safezone,  I understand their purpose. Newbys need something like a safezone to lvl up a bit an get bigger and bigger.

But sorry we are playing on a PvP Server, a max lvl character should not been safe in this reinforcement zone. So my suggestion is that the safezone should loose their function if you reach max lvl or one further. If you really think thats to hard, so i still think thats the wrong decision but please then let this safezone shrink for 50% or something like that if you reach max lvl.

What do you other guys think about that ?
Is this to hard ? Did i forgott some aspect ?

I pesonally think with this change the Players get more around because theyre anyway havent a safezone so they probably going lvling at an other spot because so you havent all guys from your nation camping at the same spot like it is with the safezones

Edited by the Kidd
  • Like 5

OM GAHwd, I just buy Account from Ebay pay many itunes cards for it, I want to trade between french islands in  my Okean with speed trim (shortens the time) I choice french so no PVP ok?

Edit : my suggestion are only safezone around 1 town/capital. This should be enough, multiple ports are to much and i believe it discourages pvp rather then protects players from it.

Edited by TrackTerror

Some nights (well when I used to play) I just wanted to get on for an hour, smash some AI and get off while I grind slots on a big ship. In fact, when it was impossible to play around a capital before the safe zones, I did quit for those reasons. I have time for PvP/RvR about two nights out of a week. The other nights I get on for a bit, trade, craft or sink some AI. If that becomes impossible, then you will see fewer players and less and less PvP.

This game has a player number and fun issue. It will not be fixed by forced PvP. The time commitment for this game is one of it's main obstacles to success. Add to that the Win More philosophy and insane grind and you have fail on top of fail. Ratings are down, new players quit long before the cap out and population levels keep dropping. Until the devs find multiple routes to having fun in the game, it will continue to fail.

In fact, it might be too late to fix it already.

58 minutes ago, TrackTerror said:

OM GAHwd, I just buy Account from Ebay pay many itunes cards for it, I want to trade between french islands in  my Okean with speed trim (shortens the time) I choice french so no PVP ok?

I really dontunderstand what youre saying...

Edit : my suggestion are only safezone around 1 town/capital. This should be enough, multiple ports are to much and i believe it discourages pvp rather then protects players from it.

Yea i think thats a really good point that fix the Problem a lil bit... but take sweden as example.. the savezone is already small and around one or 2 Citys but it s big enought for the whole swedisch population to do their stuff. that means its still to big....

52 minutes ago, IndianaGeoff said:

Some nights (well when I used to play) I just wanted to get on for an hour, smash some AI and get off while I grind slots on a big ship. In fact, when it was impossible to play around a capital before the safe zones, I did quit for those reasons. I have time for PvP/RvR about two nights out of a week. The other nights I get on for a bit, trade, craft or sink some AI. If that becomes impossible, then you will see fewer players and less and less PvP.

This game has a player number and fun issue. It will not be fixed by forced PvP. The time commitment for this game is one of it's main obstacles to success. Add to that the Win More philosophy and insane grind and you have fail on top of fail. Ratings are down, new players quit long before the cap out and population levels keep dropping. Until the devs find multiple routes to having fun in the game, it will continue to fail.

In fact, it might be too late to fix it already.

I can understand youre Point... But then it still should been possible to shrink this safezone to a minium that means for example 50% of the swedish safezone. and only around 1 city... with this big safezones this is not a real PvP Game for mee... This Game call's himself a Open PvP Game... but sorry if 80% or how much it is ever spend theyre time in safezones that destroyes the game... you will focus all what you have to around or inside this safezone... i mean i can safe craft all my boats i need without getting trouble... i can safe earn money in this safezone is can spend my whole life in this game inside a safezone... that should not been possible....

I agree with you.

The biggest problem in my opinion was the mission ganking. Missions are the place, like IndianaGeoff wrote, where players having a limited time can do a bit ingame. To solve this, the only thing wich is needed is to instant close the missions, thats all. No more reinforcement zone needed. As The Kidd said: economic actions, at least the ones wich huge profit, should be riskful and at the moment they aren't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the Kidd said:

but sorry if 80% or how much it is ever spend theyre time in safezones that destroyes the game

But if 80% of the players are staying in the safe zone that means that 80% of the players are not at that time interested in PvP and if you force them to PvP then they may just not play at all. I have said it before and will say it again, forcing people to PvP is not the solution, you have to encourage them to leave the safe zones. Make the safe zones less attractive, restrict the amount of money that can be made there, restrict the availability of better crafting goods and reduce the good PvE drops in the safe zone, but do not stop people playing in the safe zone if that is what they want to do no matter what rank they are.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Archaos said:

But if 80% of the players are staying in the safe zone that means that 80% of the players are not at that time interested in PvP and if you force them to PvP then they may just not play at all. I have said it before and will say it again, forcing people to PvP is not the solution, you have to encourage them to leave the safe zones. Make the safe zones less attractive, restrict the amount of money that can be made there, restrict the availability of better crafting goods and reduce the good PvE drops in the safe zone, but do not stop people playing in the safe zone if that is what they want to do no matter what rank they are.

Yeah, just give people a INCENTIVE to go places and find PvP, even if they know they're just going to lose.  People want to have fun battles, but nobody wants to just sail long distances to throw away their ships and hand out free marks to enemy gangs for nothing gained. 

However, I'll disagree about doing it through an economic squeeze.  It should be through an incentive in experience, toys, RvR goals, or something.  There are already enough AFK traders sailing around for hours, and helpless trade ships being chased by frigates for free PVP marks.  We need warships clashing. 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)
  • Like 2

Just now, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

Capital camping is a large part of what destroyed Global, and that is what the reinforcment zones were introduced to stop. 

My capital camping increased 200% when reinforcement zones were added. 

The main problem (imo) with the reinforcement zones is that there is no incentive to leave the zone. But if you take AI ships and important resources out of the zone, then most of the issue is fixed. AI ships are great targets for PvE'ers because they drop better rewards... why should better rewards be given in the capital protected area? Its 100% safety and better rewards by just sitting at dock and waiting for an AI fleet to come to port. 

I agree with the OP that max rank players should not be able to spam missions in their 1st rates in safe zones. If someone is max rank and owns a 1st rate, then chances are they are not in financial trouble. They are just using the safe zone to avoid risk. A possible fix could be that I have is that each time a player levels up, their reinforcement zone gets 1% smaller or simply make 1st rate missions spawn further away. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

I agree with the OP that max rank players should not be able to spam missions in their 1st rates in safe zones. If someone is max rank and owns a 1st rate, then chances are they are not in financial trouble. They are just using the safe zone to avoid risk. A possible fix could be that I have is that each time a player levels up, their reinforcement zone gets 1% smaller or simply make 1st rate missions spawn further away. 

If someone is max rank and spamming missions in the safe zone then maybe they are not in the mood for PvP or maybe they just want to grind up slots on their ship uninterrupted, either way as you say they are avoiding risk, and if you force them to take that risk they may just not play at all. Maybe they have come on just to try out a new setup on their ship and do not want to risk losing it, maybe they only have time to play for an hour and do not want to be bothered finding PvP that is not a gank, or maybe they recently got sunk and they just feel like taking their frustrations out on NPC's, whatever the reason they are not looking for PvP so forcing them to PvP will only serve to chase them from the game. 

Spamming missions do not give you much at max rank anyway apart from gold which is easy to get, so maybe they are just doing it for the fun of killing AI.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

The main problem (imo) with the reinforcement zones is that there is no incentive to leave the zone.

Port battles and pvp are the main incentives to leave the protected coastal waters.
If you are not interested in pvp or port battles you stay in the safety and under protection of local waters, in many games protected areas are A LOT bigger than ours. Eve online for example.  We have no plans to do changes to safe zones. There are nations that don't have them and we don't hear requests from them to add them. Join prussia/russia/poland then you have NO protection at all. You can even lose your capital

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, admin said:

Port battles and pvp are the main incentives to leave the protected coastal waters.
If you are not interested in pvp or port battles you stay in the safety and under protection of local waters, in many games protected areas are A LOT bigger than ours. Eve online for example.  We have no plans to do changes to safe zones. There are nations that don't have them and we don't hear requests from them to add them. Join prussia/russia/poland then you have NO protection at all. You can even lose your capital

You can't really compare E.V.E in that sense, as a corp leader I can go drop a structure in any space, multiple in the same jump space. NA we're limited to our ports, it's not like there hundreds of thousands potential neutral ports than a clan can come and claim for themselves. We're very limited on space and playing as the nations you mentioned is like punishing yourself for wanting to play the full conquest game. It's not going to last having handicapped nations, eventually they will lose their capital and people leave because they have no chance against non-handicapped nations.

I don't want to lose my capital, I want to take someone else's lol. Equal opportunity with as little hand holding as possible.

Edited by Slim Jimmerson

52 minutes ago, admin said:

Thanks for clarifying @admin.

Is it your intentions to have PvP focused at capital areas (like it is currently) or are there plans to provide content to focus PvP elsewhere (ex: PvP zone)?

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

yeah that doesnt make sense. people that do pve in the carezone are equal to a player that is offline regarding pvp.^^

That may be so, but those same people may choose to engage in PvP sometimes and that is not possible if you force them out of the game. Things are not just black and white with people being either PvP'ers or PvE'ers, majority of people like a bit of both but do not want to be forced to PvP when they are in the mood for some PvE.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

Some factions can't/won't do port battles, which are often empty anyway, and a lot of players don't expect to get much out of pvp.  It would help a lot ot have some kind of incentive beyond gold and XP to sail an hour and in the end expect to lose a ship and give the goons easy PVP marks.  I'm not sure what that is - maybe it's story or RvR driven?  We can get gold, XP, books, repairs in our own harbor.  What kind of good battle or goal will get people to sail up the coast an hour expecting to lose their ship and its weight in clan resources? 

Edited by Barbancourt (rownd)

2 hours ago, Landsman said:

oqii0.jpg

Not hard at all.  People being forced to do things they don't want to do stop playing.  People thrown into PvP before they even stand a chance stop playing.  I don't want every session to be full on PvP.  So I will play something else.  I for sure don't want to play a game where my teammates can't get in to help me or me get in to help them when I am sitting in sight of the port.  People that play something else find fewer and fewer reasons to log in and then they fade away.  When they stop coming at all, then nothing will entice them to head out and look for hard action because they are not there.

This game is not succeeding.  Other games are.  The other games create a balance of PvP, PvE, and non fighting character development.  You can find things to do if you have a few minutes, hour or hours. This game does not.  Legends will be the game given that the only people left are hard core PvPers.  Open world is a failed experiment.

14 hours ago, admin said:

Sorry but if you really think thats true then we really have a Problem with this game... This Safezones bring people to camp it...

You cant compare it to other games if you really say the map is soooo big and for this big map the reinforcearea is small. The Part of the map that is effectivly used is much much smaller... aslong as i dont buy whiteoak or driving from a outpost to a portbattle i dont have to leave my reinforcementzone...I could not be the sense of the game that you can spend your whole NA Life in a Safezone.... We Need attractive Things outside the safezones.... atm i cant see any sense in leaving the safezone... and if i am looking for PvP then i drive to the next reinforcementzone and camp there for peoples... but for me are 8/10  PvP combat inside a safezone... it could not bee

Capn said it correct... with this reinforcement zones, capital camping increased soooo much because all the guys spend theyre whole time in it... it is so comfortable because you can do all you Need in it... can you @admin  really not understand that it is a Problem for a open world game if all the guys can spend their time in safezones and do everything in it ? if i only have to leave it for portbattle thats no reason for a open world... i mean i teleport to the close outpost i made in a lynx to it take my teleported ship and drive to the battle.. after i drive back to outpost and teleport back to my safezone and do my alldays work in safezone

17 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

My capital camping increased 200% when reinforcement zones were added. 

The main problem (imo) with the reinforcement zones is that there is no incentive to leave the zone. But if you take AI ships and important resources out of the zone, then most of the issue is fixed. AI ships are great targets for PvE'ers because they drop better rewards... why should better rewards be given in the capital protected area? Its 100% safety and better rewards by just sitting at dock and waiting for an AI fleet to come to port. 

Edited by the Kidd
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Capn Rocko said:

Thanks for clarifying @admin.

Is it your intentions to have PvP focused at capital areas (like it is currently) or are there plans to provide content to focus PvP elsewhere (ex: PvP zone)?

PVP is focused around capitals because large pvp groups avoid each other or ally with each other  They don't usually fight and if they do it is usually an arranged balanced battle.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, admin said:

PVP is focused around capitals because large pvp groups avoid each other or ally with each other  They don't usually fight and if they do it is usually an arranged balanced battle.

fighting skilled players is no fun because of game mechanics

• Like 2