Game-Labs Forum

Fun PVP for everyone!

1 minute ago, Knobby said:

I kinda agree that there is no good reason to tie this mission to a specific place. But what you are suggesting does not help with players being afraid to lose. 

With Admin's system they can expect a replacement ship, repairs and a random module as long as they do a reasonable amount of damage before they sink.

Actually, the reason most OW pvp is gank and run atm is that most targets will only fight if they cannot get away (you have to gank em) or if they gathered a revenge/coast guard fleet that's bigger then the gankers' (so the gankers run). Making pvp in general less risky in that the pvp itself will help ppl replace ships and gear, will perhaps encourage more ppl to fight even if they do not have a clear advantage

14 minutes ago, qw569 said:

Я так понимаю корабли будут выдаваться бесплатно, а это значит отличный материал для фаершипов, которые будут мешать кому-нибудь зайти на ПБ.

сейчас клан решает кому зайти на его ПБ - каким образом можно помешать кому то зайти?

I like this, it sounds really good.

There is however a small issue that I see.

The issue is with the "recently killed" status. Say I only have 2-3 hours to play per day. I go on one of these missions and sink. I now have the "recently killed" status.
If I want to complete this mission I have to go out again and deny my enemy the rewards for sinking me. It seems very unfair to the other combatant.

Maybe remove the "recently killed" status while sinking on these areas?

• Like 1

Just now, Demsity said:

The issue is with the "recently killed" status. Say I only have 2-3 hours to play per day. I go on one of these missions and sink. I now have the "recently killed" status.
If I want to complete this mission I have to go out again and deny my enemy the rewards for sinking me. 

why don't you sink him instead? and get even more rewards. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Less time invested at looking for players.

Hell yeah, let's just remove OW ? No sailing ?  :) ... what about "targets of opportunity" while we sail ? Isn't that PvP ?

I don't think the idea is to reduce it to nothingness... but to encourage everyone to PvP.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Because then people can just damage alts and farm marks in some empty corner of the map while all PvP missions will probably direct people into the same area which will be busy.

Thats an argument. But nevertheless we have alt-killing for pvp marks now and will it have until there are rewards for pvp. Sometimes you have to accept advantages for criminals for the sake of all (civil rights for example XD). Maybe even a notorous alt farmer will decide to earn his marks honestly when he gets rewarded for done damage ... because real fights are fun und alt killing is like work.

Yes, this is great!

Of course alt farming will be possible, but whats the difference to the current system? 99% of players dont farm alts and theyll be sad if this feature gets cut. Also, i dont agree that the PvP Event was better. These PvP missions are aimed at making it easier to access PvP. The new player spawning in his capital on day 1 and wants to try PvP will not sail from Christiansted to Tumbado to PvP there between 18 and 20 servertime or wait a few days for an event to spawn closer. He wants to click the mission, get directed to Aves, find other mission runners and have a fun experience. Hopefully hell find something better than a 5v1 tho. At least those 5 guys will not progress their missions fast.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, admin said:

сейчас клан решает кому зайти на его ПБ - каким образом можно помешать кому то зайти?

До ПБ еще дойти нужно. Имелось ввиду перехватить на пути к ПБ.

Ах, да у нас же атакующие имеют таймер входа на ПБ, думаю тоже не плохая возможность под улюлюканье и смех бахнуть.

А утоплиники, выполняющие ПВП миссии будут давать хостилити очки?

Edited by qw569

7 minutes ago, Havelock said:

Of course alt farming will be possible, but whats the difference to the current system? 

New missions make farming useless and irrelevant. If you can get same or better rewards for doing a fun activity, you will do a boring activity less. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, admin said:

New missions make farming useless and irrelevant. If you can get same or better rewards for doing a fun activity, you will do a boring activity less. 

you guys always think about the best of us. when history has proven its not the case ;-)

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, admin said:

Alt farmers only care about efficiency+easiness or they would be pvp'ing already. Tbh, the only thing that will make them stop is the removal of pvp rewards, which I don't want. Also alt farmers dont really influence other peoples gameplay so I think in reality this is just a very small issue. Yes it sucks, but there is no real way of dealing with them without affecting all the other players.

Edited by Lord Bomgordel
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Lord Bomgordel said:

Alt farmers only care about efficiency+easiness or they would be pvp'ing already. Tbh, the only thing that will make them stop is the removal of pvp rewards.

not only alt farmers ;-)

3 minutes ago, admin said:

I really hope so :) Having made my peace soul and heart with it all I must say one thing

- what is boring for a mmo/arena player is not at all for a player that searches for authenticity in a history based game :)

NA is a very thick soup indeed. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jon Snow lets go said:

Maybe its time to reduce the rewards for ganking?

Like if you bring more than 2x of the enemy BR you only get half the exp, gold and marks.

Maybe make battles 1v1 or equal BR vs equal BR. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Maybe its time to reduce the rewards for ganking?

Like if you bring more than 2x of the enemy BR you only get half the exp, gold and marks.

add to the mission discription -  BR has to be in ratio off xx/yy in order to fulfil the mission and show battle ratio in the scoreboard.

Edited by z4ys

1 minute ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

How do you wanna do that?

Simple.

Group has 1000BR and there's a group in the vicinity which is also 1000 BR. Battle is open for the players of those groups only.

Group has 1500BR and the other has 1000 BR. Attack is not enabled.

1v1 or BR vs BR. Solomon's Law against loopholes.

9 minutes ago, admin said:

I agree. But then the last argument against general pvp-mark-rewards for done damage is gone ... why only reward the player on a pvp mission and only at a given location?

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Simple.

Group has 1000BR and there's a group in the vicinity which is also 1000 BR. Battle is open for the players of those groups only.

Group has 1500BR and the other has 1000 BR. Attack is not enabled.

1v1 or BR vs BR. Solomon's Law against loopholes.

Problem is you dont see the BR of the enemy group or even your group. So imagine having 10 different ships on each side and trying to figure out who has to leave the group in order to attack.

Also its too strict imo, fights vs 2x BR are okay otherwise noone will attack groups like Rubli or exile

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Liq said:

Why not just bring back the pvp event area and tune the rewards accordingly?

Move it to another place everd day, that way its the same time and place for everyone, higher chance for pvp

Because the idea didn`t work, why bringing her back.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Problem is you dont see the BR of the enemy group or even your group. So imagine having 10 different ships on each side and trying to figure out who has to leave the group in order to attack.

Also its too strict imo, fights vs 2x BR are okay otherwise noone will attack groups like Rubli or exile

You would see if Attack was enable or not.

We could go whole day on this discussion.

I rest my case. One wants PvP or one doesn't want PvP. :)

Now we all PvP.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Indeed, look at the fights posted in

If they would not have been able to attack us with double BR, we would not have gotten a fight and everybody would have wasted another evening looking for action without anything to show for it...

And if the losing side gets pvp marks even without kills, they are still gonna try again next time!

3 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

You would see if Attack was enable or not.

We could go whole day on this discussion.

I rest my case. One wants PvP or one doesn't want PvP. :)

Now we all PvP.

But with what you are proposing (equal BR) fights like above will not be possible. And it will ultimately be massively frustrating when you finally do find willing opponents and this mechanic will just flat out prevent you from fighting each other.

Edited by Knobby

1 hour ago, admin said:

La Mona Naval Patrol

• Captain: Your task is to inflict as much damage as possible on the enemy players shipping in the designated areas of the Caribbean. Running is discouraged, preservation of your vessel is not important! Assigned ships Cerberus, Renomme, Surprise.
  • Goal: Inflict 5000 damage on enemy shipping in the area.
  • Rewards: Random light frigate note, 30 rig repairs, 30 hull repairs, 250 rum, 5 pvp marks, combat ready upgrade, some money for fitting and guns.

6 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

should be easy to figure out who has to leave ;-)

• Like 1