Game-Labs Forum

Fun PVP for everyone!

1 hour ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

We already announced the changes that will improve the hostility missions and victory mark distribution in game, giving everyone equal footing. Individual port ownership will grant you victory marks and even owning one port will make your conquest efforts count. You will no longer be limited by your nation capabilities and your small clan can influence the conquest, and get rewarded even if you are the only clan in your nation.

Now it is time to improve pvp itself.

In one patch a new type of mission will be added to the game. This mission will completely change the mechanics and motivation behind progression and will route the player to one of the most fun and varied activity in the game.

PvP missions will reward player based on the damage he was able to inflict on enemy shipping. PvP missions will reward the player with ships, repairs and small amount of pvp marks. The goal is to remove gear fear from pvp and motivate fighting, not ship preservance. 

Example of the mission for the light frigates

La Mona Naval Patrol

• Captain: Your task is to inflict as much damage as possible on the enemy players shipping in the designated areas of the Caribbean. Running is discouraged, preservation of your vessel is not important! Assigned ships Cerberus, Renomme, Surprise.
  • Goal: Inflict 5000 damage on enemy shipping in the area.
  • Rewards: Random light frigate note, 30 rig repairs, 30 hull repairs, 250 rum, 5 pvp marks, combat ready upgrade, some money for fitting and guns.

The player will have to arrive to the designated area, damage enemy ships and probably sink as a result, but he will learn something. Of course due to 2.5x pvp xp bonuses he will be leveling up faster and such navy patrols will help him recover losses.

This feature will be further underlined by the fact that tutorial master exam will award the player with the M&C rank making him immediately useful + such missions will route him to the most fun activity in game. 

Discuss. 

sounds intresting but make sure it doesn't start targeting nations trade routes since this will only push people out of the game in short keep it to free towns is the best option
PS. any news on the poods nerf or new ships @admin ?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Problem is you dont see the BR of the enemy group or even your group. So imagine having 10 different ships on each side and trying to figure out who has to leave the group in order to attack.

Also its too strict imo, fights vs 2x BR are okay otherwise noone will attack groups like Rubli or exile

lol 2x br so swedes can swarm lol

1 hour ago, admin said:

• Rewards: Random light frigate note, 30 rig repairs, 30 hull repairs, 250 rum, 5 pvp marks, combat ready upgrade, some money for fitting and guns.

and you forgot to add PvE chest. Paints and maybe titles.... ^These rewards are borrrriiingg. Light frigate note is the same ship I can cap from NPC. Nothing new here...Once again lack of content is choking you guys. Add more of it and you will have room to play here. You can't build anything bigger with what you have, you need more bricks.

Edited by H2O

14 minutes ago, Knobby said:

But with what you are proposing (equal BR) fights like above will not be possible. And it will ultimately be massively frustrating when you finally do find willing opponents and this mechanic will just flat out prevent you from fighting each other.

I hear you but I refuse to talk about "frustrations" :)

So I look to FUN as universal thing, not only my own fun as "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the pvers!"

If you would want PvP you'd want PvP everywhere, not only when you want. 

See the beauty of it ? Pure.

5 minutes ago, amplify said:

@H2O paints and rare ships should do the trick

Sadly that is all they can offer which is lame. What about Titles, flags, custom emblems, ship stripes, sail texture (worn out, holes, stitched, all this for OS look). People will love these, but keep trying Devs. So far I am not impressed. 

Edited by H2O

1 hour ago, admin said:

safe zones are not a problem. They are small compared to the map and those who want to stay in safe zones stay in safe zones and dont attack even if they have a numerical advantage.

So let's say someone takes out a mission to sink people in the Cartagena area. There will of course be no-one there since most people are either in there own safezone or inside another nation's (or not far from it) so will be there something to highlight where people are? It seems that while the concept is good there simply isn't the playerbase at the moment for this to be effective at drawing people out of the carebarezones since folks will just end up sailing around and not actually killing anything, they'll get bored and go back to carebearing.

8 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

I hear you but I refuse to talk about "frustrations" :)

So I look to FUN as universal thing, not only my own fun as "Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of the pvers!"

If you would want PvP you'd want PvP everywhere, not only when you want. 

See the beauty of it ? Pure.

Except what you are proposing is not pvp everywhere! You are saying pvp only when certain conditions are met. You are saying that if i'm sailing with 2 friends and i come across 2 enemies one of us cannot have pvp. Your system means when we go with four guys to enemy capital they cannot attack us with 6-7 guys so they will not attack us at all...

@adminAlso it is important to add achievement/mission meter to the screen. If player can see what they have to achieve and what rewards are waiting for them they will do it when bored. Look at what ESO did. 

Edited by H2O

5 minutes ago, Knobby said:

Except what you are proposing is not pvp everywhere! You are saying pvp only when certain conditions are met. You are saying that if i'm sailing with 2 friends and i come across 2 enemies one of us cannot have pvp. Your system means when we go with four guys to enemy capital they cannot attack us with 6-7 guys so they will not attack us at all...

er...  i see no difference, in your example, from what it was many moons ago :D or even the day before yesterday.

I firmly believe, as well, everyone will fight now. All to win, nothing to lose.

Quoting a harmless NA captain - "naval officers are here to fight heroically, not to worry about shipyards and banana trading"

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

Maybe its time to reduce the rewards for ganking?

Like if you bring more than 2x of the enemy BR you only get half the exp, gold and marks (except for 1v1).

This makes sense in reference to experience.  What you crush with very little effort should yield very little experience.  Seems like applying a ratio to it would make the whole affair self-correcting. The 2 to 1 advantage yields half the results.  Bigger ratios, smaller results.

Don't have an opinion about the gold results as I don't know how that it generated.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Anne Wildcat said:

As a casual player, I'm more than happy to take their rewards.  As ships appear to be assigned so you don't lose anything.  Leave the paints and rare ships to events where you can lose ships?

you still have to get the ships - but they are easy to capture from NPCs, or buy from the market. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

So let's say someone takes out a mission to sink people in the Cartagena area. There will of course be no-one there since most people are either in there own safezone or inside another nation's (or not far from it) so will be there something to highlight where people are? It seems that while the concept is good there simply isn't the playerbase at the moment for this to be effective at drawing people out of the carebarezones since folks will just end up sailing around and not actually killing anything, they'll get bored and go back to carebearing.

i bet all missions lead to one spot on the map

• Like 1

How do you recognize a Pro on pvp mission?

He will chain you to 20%, then dismast you. After that he destroys your bow, stern and side armor, grape you to 20 crew, shoots your structure down and wait until you repaired before he starts again. After that he sails away without killing you.

• Like 3

Just now, Trino said:

How do you recognize a Pro on pvp mission?

He will chain you to 20%, then dismast you. After that he destroys your bow, stern and side armor, grape you to 20 crew, shoots your structure down and wait until you repaired before he starts again. After that he sails away without killing you.

and retags you again in ow^^

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

@admin No one wants to fight "Recently killed players" as it gives no rewards. He might try to kill me or chase, but I will just avoid him and sail away.

The game does not revolve around you mate, there are other people there. 

There are multiple other players who will be doing those missions with the recently killed status. Damage reward is blind 

• Like 10