Game-Labs Forum

Fun PVP for everyone!

Hello Captains

We already announced the changes that will improve the hostility missions and victory mark distribution in game, giving everyone equal footing. Individual port ownership will grant you victory marks and even owning one port will make your conquest efforts count. You will no longer be limited by your nation capabilities and your small clan can influence the conquest, and get rewarded even if you are the only clan in your nation.

Now it is time to improve pvp itself.

In one patch a new type of mission will be added to the game. This mission will completely change the mechanics and motivation behind progression and will route the player to one of the most fun and varied activity in the game.

PvP missions will reward player based on the damage he was able to inflict on enemy shipping. PvP missions will reward the player with ships, repairs and small amount of pvp marks. The goal is to remove gear fear from pvp and motivate fighting, not ship preservance. 

Example of the mission for the light frigates

La Mona Naval Patrol

• Captain: Your task is to inflict as much damage as possible on the enemy players shipping in the designated areas of the Caribbean. Running is discouraged, preservation of your vessel is not important! Assigned ships Cerberus, Renomme, Surprise.
  • Goal: Inflict 5000 damage on enemy shipping in the area.
  • Rewards: Random light frigate note, 30 rig repairs, 30 hull repairs, 250 rum, 5 pvp marks, combat ready upgrade, some money for fitting and guns.

The player will have to arrive to the designated area, damage enemy ships and probably sink as a result, but he will learn something. Of course due to 2.5x pvp xp bonuses he will be leveling up faster and such navy patrols will help him recover losses.

This feature will be further underlined by the fact that tutorial master exam will award the player with the M&C rank making him immediately useful + such missions will route him to the most fun activity in game. 

Discuss. 

• Like 43

Why not just bring back the pvp event area and tune the rewards accordingly?

Move it to another place everd day, that way its the same time and place for everyone, higher chance for pvp

Edited by Liq
  • Like 5

What is done to prevent this:

Demast player in a group. Everyone pick a side do 5k dmg sink the enemy. ( let him stay alive and retag afterwards let the rest of the grp do 5k dmg)

Issues I see. ( farming as group). farming at all.

Edit:

to prevent abuse i would recommand to tie the mission to a grp size. and let the battle close instant if max grp size is achivied or prohibit further joining for max player reached side.

Edited by z4ys

6 minutes ago, z4ys said:

What is done to prevent this:

Demast player in a group. Everyone pick a side do 5k dmg sink the enemy. ( let him stay alive and retag afterwards)

Issues I see. ( farming as group). farming at all.

They are not in the reinforcement zone. Can be attacked and sank too. We do not see this as issue. Look at the rewards, you dont need to farm anymore. Just find an enemy and try to max damage. 
"No captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy": Nelson

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

Problem is, safe zones.

safe zones are not a problem. They are small compared to the map and those who want to stay in safe zones stay in safe zones and dont attack even if they have a numerical advantage.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, admin said:

They are not in the reinforcement zone. Can be attacked and sank too. We do not see this as issue. Look at the rewards, you dont need to farm. Just find an enemy and try to max damage. 
"No captain can do very wrong if he places his ship alongside that of the enemy": Nelson

I understand. But i am looking at the fun side of gameplay. Even if you get rewarded it doesnt have to be fun. (offtopic: pls check pm :) )

Edited by z4ys

16 minutes ago, z4ys said:

I understand. But i am looking at the fun side of gameplay. Even if you get rewarded it doesnt have to be fun. (offtopic: pls check pm :) )

Let's be honest. Now the most PVPers are going around in gank packs of 2 -5 players outside capital waters picking weak targets and disappear at first sight of counter fleets.

Not much of a fun on both parties either, but reward just for one.

So a situation in which at least both parts are rewarded, well ... it's not perfect, but indeed it is better than now.

Edited by victor

20 minutes ago, Liq said:

Why not just bring back the pvp event area and tune the rewards accordingly?

Move it to another place everd day, that way its the same time and place for everyone, higher chance for pvp

agree. I think this is the solution but don't move them. Have your shallow one and deep water on and people know where to be at a certain time. Once everyone has the free port in that area the pvp will go up. La Navass used to have pvp all day because people had docks there. 

6 minutes ago, victor said:

well well, now real gankers lurk out to

Let's be honest. Now the most PVPers are going around in gank packs of 2 -5 players outside capital waters picking weak targets and disappear at first sight of counter fleets.

Not much of a fun on both parties either, but reward just for one.

So a situation in which at least both parts are rewarded, well ... it's not perfect, but indeed it is better than now.

better but why not make it a perfect experience for everyone.

Допустим игрок А выполняет ПВП миссию. Игрок Б просто плавает.

Игрок А нападает на игрока Б и тонет.
Получит ли игрок Б марки? Будет ли у игрока А ресентли киллед?

Игроки выполняющие ПВП миссии смогут объединяться в батл группы?

Just now, qw569 said:

Допустим игрок А выполняет ПВП миссию. Игрок Б просто плавает.

Игрок А нападает на игрока Б и тонет.
Получит ли игрок Б марки? Будет ли у игрока А ресентли киллед?

Игроки выполняющие ПВП миссии смогут объединяться в батл группы?

все текущие механики остаются

10 minutes ago, admin said:

все текущие механики остаются

Что мешает взять санту, навесить туда модули на увеличение прочности бортов. На санту нападают друзья в составе трех кораблей и стреляют. Настреляв 5000 санта их топит.
В итоге санта заработает ПВП марки, получит дополнительный опыт, деньги ну и три друга что-то тоже заработают.

Или более сильные корабли будут плавать в том регионе и отстреливать игроков выполняющие ПВП миссии.

Я так понимаю корабли будут выдаваться бесплатно, а это значит отличный материал для фаершипов, которые будут мешать кому-нибудь зайти на ПБ.

Edited by qw569

The more i think about it ...

The goal is to make players fight. The core of one of these missions is rewarding the player for fight, not for victory. So why bind this on a mission and bind it on a single place? You dont want these players fight if they are not on a pvp mission? 

Just give, like in the example, one pvp mark per 1000 damage done to enemy player and it will be the same result, even better!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Trino said:

The goal is to make players fight. The core of one of these missions is rewarding the player for fight, not for victory. So why bind this on a mission and bind it on a single place? You dont want these players fight if they are not on a pvp mission? 

Just give, like in the example, one pvp mark per 1000 damage done to enemy player and it will be the same result, even better!

Right. I would prefer to use more things that damage , but ok, @admin seems to not want this.

Why bind this to this specific mission type, omly? I ask the same question.

Implement the mission, why not, but give every player rewards for participating in battles.

Edited by Sven Silberbart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trino said:

I kinda agree that there is no good reason to tie this mission to a specific place. But what you are suggesting does not help with players being afraid to lose. 

With Admin's system they can expect a replacement ship, repairs and a random module as long as they do a reasonable amount of damage before they sink.

Just now, Trino said:

PVP missions give also upgades, ship notes, reparis and gold to buy cannon. So they ideally are aimed to self sustain the kamikaze PVP newbies.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trino said:

Because then people can just damage alts and farm marks in some empty corner of the map while all PvP missions will probably direct people into the same area which will be busy.

• Like 3