Game-Labs Forum

Historical Battle Replays

Private Keith

I doubt there are but I have thought of and hoped for the same thing. If the combat system is based on percentages and multipliers, etc., it might not be easy to show historically what actually happened withing that framework. This would be fantastic, though.

On 22/02/2018 at 4:29 PM, Private Keith said:

Just a thought: Are there any plans afoot to allow players to view how the real battles unfolded?  I generally go to Wikipedia to read up on the battles before fighting them here.  I am thinking this would be a boon to both players and students of Civil War history.

As the game is now released and had its final patch issued, presumably means that the game is now finished. I don't believe there is any plans to improve Civil War in the future (though I'm not at liberty to rule this out). Having a button in-game that takes you to the historical battle page on wikipedia would have been interesting and useful, or even a "real results" screen at the end of the battle with researched information available.

I will pass this idea on though for future reference. Thanks for contributing!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CaptainSparckles said:

If players are so interested in history , they have to search by them self the battles . Naval Action is a game not Wikipedia. 

Sir, you need to read what board you are posting into. Not everything GameLabs is about NA.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I miss bigger protraits (just zoomed?) and some Bios in a tooltip or right-click above the real Characters as in the old Civil War Generals and The Ardennes Offensive (not much work imho). Just for future games...

civil_war_generals-20189-1.jpeg2590063-51g5rco2pvl.jpg