Game-Labs Forum

Player selected ship 2015 - Suggestions

admin

90x32 does sound delightful doesn't it? :D

Used to think so too, then Captain Armstrong pointed out Independence sat so low in the water that she could only open the lower gunports in an almost dead calm...

The captain supervising her construction ordered her to be built longer, wider and more heavily armed than the original design without adding enough depth to the hull to compensate. Presumably this is why she was razeed into a frigate. Similar problems affected her half-sisters Washington and Franklin.

• Like 2

Used to think so too, then Captain Armstrong pointed out Independence sat so low in the water that she could only open the lower gunports in an almost dead calm...

The captain supervising her construction ordered her to be built longer, wider and more heavily armed than the original design without adding enough depth to the hull to compensate. Presumably this is why she was razeed into a frigate. Similar problems affected her half-sisters Washington and Franklin.

This. Sorry to say, it's no good asking for a historically accurate vessel if it is so greatly flawed in design it was unusable in most weather conditions. Its basically a floating harbour battery.

Remember that for game purposes I expect the game developers won't restrict you to a specific Nations ship list. We have no idea really how realm vs realm is going to be achieved as yet.

• Like 1

so we either can load her with 32x90  or 32x24x18 pounders on the deck still impressiv fire power and if the sails then so well like the consti i will be more afraid of her than the victory or trinidad.

put her in and the USN is good to go

Remember that for game purposes I expect the game developers won't restrict you to a specific Nations ship list. We have no idea really how realm vs realm is going to be achieved as yet.

Once we receive this explanation it will answer a lot. I'm sure some of these generic ships like the frigate (not in game currently) and the 2nd rate being asked about in Shipyard will possibly fill those gaps for nations that don't have a represented ship of a certain class.

• Like 1

oh and you will never guess who captained hms America... I shit you not. James Kirk.

These are the Voyages....  :D

tng-cast-generations.jpg

Yeah, I know it's not Kirk.... but still... I guess that's always been one of my favorite things about Star Trek, it would work as a show, if the Enterprise was a Starship, or a Sailing Frigate...

Anyway, now that I've High-Jacked the thread for my Nerdiness... continue with your posts everyone.. :)

And more on-topic...  I think you have something there Destraex, about the "play Style" of the US ships.  I was thinking in terms of big Trafalgar type battles, but as others have said... we still don't know how Nation Vs. Nation fights are going to happen.  It could be interesting to leave the US fleet historically accurate...  I'll have to think about it some more...  ;)

Once we receive this explanation it will answer a lot. I'm sure some of these generic ships like the frigate (not in game currently) and the 2nd rate being asked about in Shipyard will possibly fill those gaps for nations that don't have a represented ship of a certain class.

If that turns out to be true then players probably shouldn't hold back on suggestions for US sols. I hope they tell us soon.

Btw that USS America looks very pretty. :)

I would like to add a ship of my own to the pile, even if I do love the Rattlesnake. Either ship would fill the space between Snow and Surprise quite nicely.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Victor_(1808)

Gustave-Alaux-corvette-Le-Revenant-1808.

This is a French ship, the Revenant - a 20 gun corvette. Copper bottomed and originally designed as a commerce raider, she could be the first corvette in game.

Xebecs - we definitly need xebecs xD. i realy would like to see them ingame^^

picture:

xebec1.jpg

plans:

http://www.themodelshipwright.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/chapman_xebec_Algerian.jpg

in wikipedia i read that xebecs exists that hold 20 - 40 12 pounders - not that bad :)

+1 time to add a different ship.

xebec is perfect to change a bit the gameplay

Indefatigable(Razeed), USS Independence, or that French 20 gun corvette Revenant which looks really cool btw.

1. Revenant

2. USS Independence

3. Indefatigable(Razeed)

Revenant was captured and recaptured numerous times, and was broken up after only three years of its existence.  Not something I would want, IMHO. 

Where are you getting images of its great looks, BTW?

Revenant was captured and recaptured numerous times, and was broken up after only three years of its existence.  Not something I would want, IMHO. 

Where are you getting images of its great looks, BTW?

What makes a ship look great is down to personal preference. As for the Revenant's three year life, it may have been short but it was filled with action. Naval action to be precise. Some vessels had been in service for decades without seeing battle, only to be broken up and forgotten about. No, the Revenant may not have had time to make a full name for herself, but the name she carries is weighted enough with battle to warrent her place here.