Game-Labs Forum

Wasa (Vasa)

I made some researchers and find something interesting to talk .

In Naval Action we have a warship called Wasa . You all know how it look in the game , but in real life ?

Vasa 

In the early 17th century, Holland was the most powerful trading and maritime nation. King Gustavus Adolphus of Sweden wanted to capitalize on trade and power, and Sweden was position well to do so, with vast forest producing good shipbuilding timber. These oak trees were generally felled in the winter, as they were less filled with sap. An industry evolved to use this resource, which became highly prized.

Shipwrights at the time did not use blueprints in the sense that we do today, but rather just calculation from relationships between defferent arcs and circles. In the case of Vasa, master Heinrich (a Dutchman) started constructing the ship, but died before it was finished completion. His wife Margarita continued the task of overseeing other shipbuilders. Because the King was not exceptionally rich, he was both forgiving of tardiness in construction as he took care of some of the details himself.

If you make something make it good work .

I don't know , maybe I'm confused with Wasa & Vasa . But I want to sail a Wasa like this one , not like in game .

Edited by Captan Thomas Fremantle
Because I can :)

You are confused :D

The Wasa in game is the Kronprins Gustav Adolf, a ship of the Wasa-class designed by Chapman. The ingame name always leads to confusion and devs are thinking about renaming it.

The Vasa is a completely different ship from another century. And I doubt we will ever see it in game.

Edited by Guest

Perhaps one must just remember that ship names more often than not were re-used down through-out history. In fact Lord Nelson's famous flagship was the sixth ship to bear that name and that the first actually fought the Spanish Armada in 1588. Also a note is that some ships were also renamed, most often after a rebuild. HMS Prince of 1670, fought in the Anglo-Dutch wars of the seventeenth century.  She was rebuilt several times and was renamed the HMS Royal William and fought in the Seven Years War as her last active duty. She survived over 140 years to beyond the time of Trafalgar

On 16.2.2018 at 2:22 PM, CaptainSparckles said:

I made some researchers and find something interesting to talk .

In Naval Action we have a warship called Wasa . You all know how it look in the game , but in real life ?

I don't know , maybe I'm confused with Wasa & Vasa . But I want to sail a Wasa like this one , not like in game .

Do you realy want to sail this ship in game?

"As Vasa passed under the lee of the bluffs to the south (what is now Södermalm), a gust of wind filled her sails, and she heeled suddenly to port. The sheets were cast off, and the ship slowly righted herself as the gust passed. At Tegelviken, where there is a gap in the bluffs, an even stronger gust again forced the ship onto its port side, this time pushing the open lower gunports under the surface, allowing water to rush in onto the lower gundeck." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_(ship)

Would be a funny battle - with the first broadside you would say "Hello" to the jellyfish.:rolleyes:

• Like 1