Game-Labs Forum

Patch 17: Finalization of the sailing and combat models

admin

3 hours ago, Wraith said:

@admin Nice job ninja patching port circle locations... And you wonder why your users hate you?

In general only 35% of players do not recommend the game, there of course will be players who hate somethings or everything.
In terms of patch notes we know that some like our approach to patch notes. some dont. We are not accepting the general industry trend of treating players like they are toddlers and all have to be chewed and explained in detail. We believe that content has to be found out by playing or planning.

In this particular matter we want shallows to play more role in that battle 
In the future we want to make circle locations shift over time (indicated by towers that also shift) so players have to scout locations of towers to determine objective locations.

• Like 13

@admin Couldn't you still achieve your goal of rewarding players for scouting PB objective locations while still not holding the player's hands? Something along the lines of just putting "Changed the location of some objectives in PB's to help with balance" in the patch notes. You are letting the players know there are some changes while still being vague enough to let the players find out what objective was changed in, what well may be only one port, of the over 100 ports in the game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

In general only 35% of players do not recommend the game, there of course will be players who hate somethings or everything.
In terms of patch notes we know that some like our approach to patch notes. some dont. We are not accepting the general industry trend of treating players like they are toddlers and all have to be chewed and explained in detail. We believe that content has to be found out by playing or planning.

In the future we want to make circle locations shift over time (indicated by towers that also shift) so players have to scout locations of towers to determine objective locations.

A simple mention they changed like @Westgate post is all that is needed, that is not holding our hands like toddlers.   

Second how can we scout something you can't see until the actual port battle?  These should be things known a head of time cause they are magical circles that seem to just move around.  So how do we scout and where do we get this info if that is your plans? 

Personally I think with the smaller BR's some of the circles can be dropped.

2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

A simple mention they changed like @Westgate post is all that is needed, that is not holding our hands like toddlers.   

Second how can we scout something you can't see until the actual port battle?  These should be things known a head of time cause they are magical circles that seem to just move around.  So how do we scout and where do we get this info if that is your plans? 

Personally I think with the smaller BR's some of the circles can be dropped.

Defenders should be able to set how many circles a point has for a price

21 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

I feel like this becomes Naval Action: Hogwart Edition. Towers and circles are magically moving and changing location, soon invisible ships then ports will be changing location on map, secret island will be moving across the sea.

The idea is that clans will be able build and rebuild changing positions those ports and towers. That you can scout by attacking NPCs or players and investigating the surrounding areas. 

But hey. Seems like you don't want developers to share their ideas to the community. 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, admin said:

players will build and move those ports and towers.

But hey. Seems like you don't want developers to share their ideas to the community. 

When you tell us the whole story yeah it sounds awesome devs.

We're finicky and forget we're testing a game still very much in alpha. For some of us it feels like a full game :)

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

By accident you made Santa Cecilia about 0.5 knots faster. If I didn't mention it on forums, you would never know you made a mistake. You've mistaken Santa Cecilia and L'Hermione. So much for the secret changes. 

Who the hell told you that this was an accident. And who told you that SC and LH were mixed up?
Please stop making up things out of thin air.

1 hour ago, admin said:

The idea is that clans will be able build and rebuild changing positions those ports and towers. That you can scout by attacking NPCs or players and investigating the surrounding areas. 

What if we were able to change temporary the ship flag? I mean, just for spying purposes, a ship in a enemy or neutral clan could be sent to investigate a port. The ship cannot trade and attack, only enter in port or stay out to spy. This change of flag could be temporary, say, 20 minutes (more o less, it will be fix for all spy ships and we player cannot decide how long). In this time the spy can see the port and its defenses, the port traffic and so on. On the screen there will be a counter, showing how many minutes left. More, there will be a chance (very little) that this flag change will not work and all can see a foreign ship without smuggler flag around a certain port. A spy, damn you: i will crush you! That could leading on a diplomatic incident between the two Nations, as a result could be a war.

Only the low rates could do it, and finally we find a purpose for the “little ships” into a big clan and in Clan Wars or RvR...

This spy ship should come only in clan wars, trader or single players are not allowed to use this feature..

Edited by blubasso

10 minutes ago, NavalActionPlayer said:

So.....are you happy with that percentage? Personally, that seems like a very scary bad percentage. 

You should look at PUBG percentage :)
Majority of of those 35% are unhappy with the way we talk on the forums. It can be fixed easily, by stopping talking on the forums?

11 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

You said it. Feel free to go in past and check your own posts. I have a very good memory and I don't forget. You explained that because of API names (Hermione, Lhermione) you made a mistake. The speed of Santa Cecilia was hotfixed shortly after. Do you want me to waste my time and go search for it on forums? Are you angry now that you admitted to your own mistake?

Just chill.

Nobody has to proof anything here. We all should be happy that we might get better port customization in the future. Damn holy rvr ... theres no reason to be mad. And for the ones that go mad because of a sneaky changes - Dont rely on old observation and maps... scout it.. the true age of sail experience boys

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

all good but tell people you are doing it you can't go around change stuff and not tell people

Edited by amplify
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, qw569 said:

@admin
Clerk reported wrong value of hostility on Little River.

He said Hostility for Little River has reached 25% but real value was 17.25%.

20180217152336_1.jpg.f6eae84975532fb16625a49160c55a84.jpg

There was a Wasa player that jumped in our mission and got sunk while me and another player was sinking the ships.  We told him he could join just don't get killed....sadly he got killed even after I told him to run and repair.  He was trying to tank the 4th rates like where in our 1st rates.  

51 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

You said it. Feel free to go in past and check your own posts. I have a very good memory and I don't forget. You explained that because of API names (Hermione, Lhermione) you made a mistake. The speed of Santa Cecilia was hotfixed shortly after. Do you want me to waste my time and go search for it on forums? Are you angry now that you admitted to your own mistake?

From your post players could think that there was a mistake in SC THIS patch
Please discuss THIS patch in THESE patch notes. 
Please avoid confusing players

There were no mistakes in SC or Hermione this patch.

regarding posting numbers. numbers are in game - they don't have to be in patch notes. They are not hidden and players are not really blind. They can see updated speeds in game.

Please avoid derailing the patch discussion going forward.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Some times you just don't have time to mention or forget it. This re balancing patch was huge work in terms of numbers, tunings, and testing and some things slip away due to parallel works on tutorial, UI. Remember - our team is very very small - 5 people. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Wraith said:

And I also call b.s. on this supposed motivation of yours to make shallows matter in port battles. If you want that to happen you'd do the work to put bathymetry in battle. Instead we have this Mickey Mouse mechanic of being able to sail deep water ships wherever you please once you're in battle while they magically get stuck in Open World. :rolleyes:

if you played maps with shallows a lot you would know that instance shallows work and matter. 

In addition to that please cut down on conspiracy theories. our goal is to make game better and everything we do has one goal  - improve the game.  But haters gonna hate. The sooner we weed them out from this community the better. They are not constructive and just spoil the air. 

Regarding the motivation to move one objective behind shallows.
If you watch Moscal's stream where this discussion happened. The move was made to specifically to bring shallows to light in that port battle, where captains could even block shallows if they sink 2 heavy ships and completely stop enemy ships who decide to spawn in that area. 

Your posts are not constructive, are full of hate, you are just spewing abuse and making up things you want to hear.

• Like 3

So my issue is this.  We spent 2 nights involved with the PB and the grinding.  Multiple nights my guys, some EU based, willingly stayed up to be involved.  

When it came down to doing the PB, it wasn’t RUBLI that beat us (maybe they would of anyway), but it was a map change no one knew about and a wind change that supposably doesn’t exist.  Due to both we joined at a location that was deemed suitable for the old map and it turned out it was the further most point we probably could of joined on the new map.  If you watched moscalbs stream, by the time we engaged we were already 700-800 points in the hole.  

A simple “hey we changed a couple maps” on the patch notes would of been more than enough for us to figure out there had been a switch.  There wasn’t and we basically wasted our time. 

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 2

@admin Would it be possible to double check/adjust the amount that wind turns in battle? The guys at sumerset report a 120 degree change. Not long ago I watched it turn 105 degrees (I recorded the starting position before the change, so I could accurately test the shift). 

These large changes seem too drastic to me. I personally think 30-60 would work better. I know historically wind isn't consistent, but for good gameplay I think we need to tonedown the shift.