Game-Labs Forum

Port Wipe

21 hours ago, Bearwall said:

Strong players on an underpopulated server says nothing about their skills on a populated server..

Don't your very nation hides behind the skirts of Swedes and other nations?  I mean i really haven't been impressed with what I seen of your guys so far.  RUBLI impress me and are a very strong tight group. I think BLACK in it's best form would of had a very hard time against them as most on the server do.  Swedes are a very well organized nation and strong in the fleet engagement. I really can't say much from what I seen of yours...other than ya'll win when supported by other stronger nations.   

Oh and I have been on the PvP leader board since the merge, have you gotten any kills at all?  Not that I look for your name but it hasn't really stuck out as being something I seen or even screen shots of your battles.   You seem talk a lot of talk.  Maybe if we get bored and can stand to sail across the map one day we will have to take up some action in your waters, but than again it's hard to fight as a small clan against 50-75 screeners when the real truth of about who has skills or not could be found in the battle it self and not the numbers.

2 hours ago, Ser_Slack said:

I seen you picked up kingdom come deliverance...surprised you have time for anything else.  I'm enjoying training up my bohunk.

Yah just tossing in an hour here and there until I don't have to worry about work or moving nations.  I got past the first part of it and figure I"ll wait until this weekend to really sit down and enjoy it.  Combat feels a bit clunky and story is slow so far, but I like it, something new RPG wise that was needed.  Sorry a bit off topic so will jump back on topic.

I was actually thinking about this last night at work.  You know what we need that will help littlle clans and I'm not talking about any time zone players I'm talking about small clans in EU or US timezones or even more the poor SEA/AUS guys.   We need didicated small clan ports.  Shallows and some 4th rate ports that aren't very important econ wise that can be limited to being owned by only small clans.  Say you can only own it if you have less than 10 ports.  This will keep one clan from owning a whole area of the map (the Bahamas right now and in the past).  The area can still be controlled by a nation, but it would have to take the port with mulit clans.   If a clan tries to flip a port and they all ready have 10+ than at server reset the game just removes the port abttle and wipe the agro to zero and port goes back to normal.   

While this won't solve the problem of being screen out by 50-70 players from multi nations it will mean that there is more ports for more clans to go around and the smaller clans don't feel like they have to fight a mega clan to claim a port.  They just have to fight other small clans that are staying in the 10 port limit.  You can even go down to 5 ports limits for some ports.  It also doesn't stop a very powerfull clan from just owning a few ports.

I would love to see the numbers if some one can get it of how many ports are owned by the top 10 clans on the server.  I'm going to bet you will notice certain clans do own a large number of ports.   While many clans don't have any ports or a chance against such large mega clans.  I'll use the BAHAMAS as an example as this has all ways been seen as a ROOKIE area and I did love the concept the devs had with the ROOKIE area it just needed a lot of work.

RSC - 16 ports + what ever else they own.

HRE - 4

CABLE - 1

GOD - 1

WIE - 1

EDR - 1

PGG - 1

XOXO - 1

WTF - 1

SMOKE - 1

BABO - 1

While this looks nice for most of the nations having a port or two but if you look at CABLE, HRE and RSC (who owns over half the BAHAMAS, but only has one other port by what I can tell) would be classed as large clans and would have to choose from being in the shallows and controlling those ports or staying out of it.  RSC can still have the some of the shallow ports cause not all of the would be classed as small clan ports.  Your main ports like Nassua, LIttle Harbor, Morgans Bluff, Georges's Town and Aurthor Town would not be ports which would be classed as small clan ports.  Though I would honestly even count them too.   So these bigger RvR clans would have to settle for 10 ports only or move on to bigger waters.   Since we have shallow ports all over the map you can actually have small clan ports in other areas too to allow more areas that small clans can be involved and play the game just like the big clans too.  I'm just trying to think of more ways to get them involved instead of every thing being about the big mega clans.  The map is big enough that it can be shared with both small and big clans.  Other games do this like WOT has tier regions for there clan wars.  You can fight in Tier 6, 8 or 10 and most of the smaller clans stick to the tier 6/8 areas while the big mega clans play in the tier 8/10 areas. 

Now some one might say all you have to do is make smaller clans HRE1, HRE2, HRE3 and such (sorry guys picking on you your just big) and just jump from one clan to the other to take the ports or use the friends list.  Well first make lord protector tied to your clan. If you change nations your status should be lost right cause you no longer are apart of that port, well it should be the same with clans and owner ship or helping fight for a port.  If your a clan hopper than your status will be reset every time you change clans. If your a small clan that always fights with a bigger clan, no problem as long as you don't change clans you keep your status for fighting in those port battles.