Game-Labs Forum

The Running of the French

Jake Newport

After another battle yesterday that we lost due to some tactical, i had thought that the french were getting a bit braver again. However this morning i see that another french port has been put on a timer of 03:00 to 06:00. It seems that not only in battle but also in the whole RvR, the only thing they can do is run away froom a fight. We all know their kiting tactics but now we can even be kited in a port battle because of the absurd timers.

Our friends the french declared very formally a war with GB but honestly if you only put your timers at times our better players arent on it can only be that you are scared to fight.

Meet you on the battlefield, I hope ....

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Brits ports at Bahamas: 11:00-14:00

RSC and probably most of the british nation are from Australia.

I don't think it's that many Ausies, but I did notice a lot of ports have that timer set as I was looking for targets...I mean just admiring the great map work in game.

Did a bit more looking and notice CKA which is a US/Canadian clan with mainly East Coast players.  They always attacked us early in the day when they get home but most of the other US is at work still.  Wonder why they didn't pick a US prime time window instead?

Edited by Sir Texas Sir

Our Global server, as it should be called, deserves a "universal" hostility system that would involve all players whatever their time zone.

The only way to achieve that is to implement port attack/defence over a minimum of 48h server, it would require at least 2 consecutive steps (PB?) that would involve at least 2 main time zones players.

The PB would be largely predictable and would mobilize as many players as possible.

Dev's it's still time to find a balanced system for "every players".

Timers are totaly wrong, a tested feature that should be forgotten for ever.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, rediii said:

#globalserver

38 minutes ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Even the EU based clans changing the timers? So I suspect that isn't the reason

36 minutes ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

#BringbackGlobal.

#Globalserverfailedsohardsoletsalltestitalloveragain

@admin was it reheeally the intention of the servermerge to allow factions to AVOID port battles just because they are too cowardly to play the game?

1 minute ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Our Global server, as it should be called, deserves a "universal" hostility system that would involve all players whatever their time zone.

The only way to achieve that is to implement port attack/defence over a minimum of 48h server, it would require at least 2 consecutive steps (PB?) that would involve at least 2 main time zones players.

The PB would be largely predictable and would mobilize as many players as possible.

Dev's it's still time to find a balanced system for "every players".

Timers are totaly wrong, a tested feature that should be forgotten for ever.

Been suggested before and it won't work - the playerbase is not universally divided into timezones..

57 minutes ago, Jake Newport said:

After another battle yesterday that we lost due to some tactical, i had thought that the french were getting a bit braver again. However this morning i see that another french port has been put on a timer of 03:00 to 06:00. It seems that not only in battle but also in the whole RvR, the only thing they can do is run away froom a fight. We all know their kiting tactics but now we can even be kited in a port battle because of the absurd timers.

Our friends the french declared very formally a war with GB but honestly if you only put your timers at times our better players arent on it can only be that you are scared to fight.

Meet you on the battlefield, I hope ....

perhaps we should try and arrange our war , around the tea time of your "better" players ....

Would you like a weeks notice, so you can inform your council to arrange a meeting of the better players , then inform your council as to the time and date of the meeting, to see if you can let the French council know what time will be best for the battles to start

Most of the large nations now appear to have players from multiple time zones now and will set timers according to their whims and or tactics

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

perhaps we should try and arrange our war , around the tea time of your "better" players ....

Would you like a weeks notice, so you can inform your council to arrange a meeting of the better players , then inform your council as to the time and date of the meeting, to see if you can let the French council know what time will be best for the battles to start

Most of the large nations now appear to have players from multiple time zones now and will set timers according to their whims and or tactics Basically wrong - the amount of PBs in EU night compared to the amount of PB timers in EU night shows that the night time playerbase is still small.. And divided between the french, the russians and the brits.. The carebears of the US doesn't seem to exist..

4 minutes ago, Vizzini said:

What war???? Like i said almost all the timers are set to the middle of the night for the EU players. Doesnt really seem like a war but just a hiding behind the timers. Seems like too scared to actually fight.

GB didnt declare war on France it was vice versa

2 hours ago, Bearwall said:

#Globalserverfailedsohardsoletsalltestitalloveragain

@admin was it reheeally the intention of the servermerge to allow factions to AVOID port battles just because they are too cowardly to play the game?

But Christendom assured us this would never happen!!

Everybody who said otherwise was simply ground down in his relentless shouting campaign, even in threads that had nothing at all to do with it. Surely you're not saying he was wrong?

Edited by Knobby

2 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Before complaining about others, explain us please, who is defending your ports between 11 - 14 h. When we attacked you at that time, nobody showed up.

the recent attack on ex PLA ports? A clan that nobody has ever seen. Don't know a single member. I only know they are chinese so 11 - 14 should be a good time for them.

9 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

So brits are not a nation with a mostly EU community, instead is full of asian and oceanic players. That is very interesting.

So, you assume a timer set 11 - 14 automatically makes a clan oceanic or asian. Ok. EDR must have lots of US timezone players then. gitgud

@Graf Bernadotte I love you, man. Didn't REDS change timers to avoid being attacked?

Edited by Batman

5 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Gitgud you. You open a thread complaining when you have been the first (Selam- GNF port) and recurring ones in setting port timers to avoid fights.

Never understood why GNF did set the timer to such an awful time. I think I already said that in the past

3 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

REDS doesn't blame others for this step. 

Stop pointing finers then ;)

7 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

The opener of this thread is a british player. He is the first bud in pointing fingers when his clan and his nation set almost the entire Bahamas at 11:00-14:00.

Swedes, prussians and pirates also have ports in the Bahamas. For some reason though everybody only wants to attack british ports. Guess why the ports are set to this time.

7 minutes ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Why the hell do people join discussions all the time while they have no clue what people are talking about? Can you answer me that?

You provide some good fun, thats why people probably still have the patience to discuss with you.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Batman said:

Swedes, prussians and pirates also have ports in the Bahamas. For some reason though everybody only wants to attack british ports. Guess why the ports are set to this time.

You provide some good fun, thats why people probably still have the patience to discuss with you.

Swedes:  6 

Prussians:  2

Pirates: 3+ but they are on the edge and most are deep water ports not in the proper shallow regions.

French:  2 

US: 1

GB:  14 ports......that is more than all the others combine pretty much and you wonder why your getting attacked?  

I would like to add all 14 are also owned by one clan.  When you look at the other nations they have mix clans that own the ports.  I'm pretty sure that is what makes you a prime target in that region. 

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

So we are comparing a nation GB that is at war with the French, Russians, Spanish, Pirates and Swedish to try and not get bumped to being around Jamaica and having every day 3 or 4 ports flipped to another nation France that has peace with Russia and Spain and you think the reasoning is the same?

We dont mind doing port battles but seriously we kept it polite in our battles with the french in the Bahamas. We didnt multiflip any of the ports so we could have fair battles that are won on merit.

Maybe what this whole discussion proves is that the hostility and the timers for port battles is just wrong. I just wanted to point out that from the 47 ports france holds only 10 have a timer in EU prime time. That is just over 20%. For a whole nation. RSC is just 1 clan and the timers we have set are for small ports where at those time we can actually usually fill them but it prevents the multiflipping. And during the weekendthere is always a port battle at these times. The french are even attacking us now at this time of day so they can get enough players for a port battle, except not when they have to defend and might loose a port it seems