Game-Labs Forum

PvP

I've placed multiple suggestions, but @admin could we please get some functioning PvP mechanics? - Everyone is basically hiding in the reinforcementzones, there's little to no reason to leave them and us that do waste hours waiting for a nation to put together a ganking fleet just to see them loose the nerve before the battle start..

...another consideration is...

I know of 2 small clans that have stopped trying to PVP. Mostly new players -  They were constantly losing competitive ships to ganking fleets at a rate that could not be sustained. Its easy to seek out PVP when we can replace ships easily and know what youre doing in battle - large clan/groups of Vets, etc. However, for many new/small clans/players, this is not possible. They have no PVP experience, no training against a player and no confidence. This is not an opinion, but rather an observation relative to your post. There are more than a few reasons for the lack of PVP. I wish the Devs would take away that bath tub fleet practice stuff and bring back Duel. At least we could teach the rookies, one on one and give them a chance to win, survive, or at least have the confidence to try PVP. 

35 minutes ago, Headless Parrot said:

...another consideration is...

I know of 2 small clans that have stopped trying to PVP. Mostly new players -  They were constantly losing competitive ships to ganking fleets at a rate that could not be sustained. Its easy to seek out PVP when we can replace ships easily and know what youre doing in battle - large clan/groups of Vets, etc. However, for many new/small clans/players, this is not possible. They have no PVP experience, no training against a player and no confidence. This is not an opinion, but rather an observation relative to your post. There are more than a few reasons for the lack of PVP. I wish the Devs would take away that bath tub fleet practice stuff and bring back Duel. At least we could teach the rookies, one on one and give them a chance to win, survive, or at least have the confidence to try PVP. 

Well, what did the actual Vets when they were newcomers? Why they become Vets? If you go headless vs players you should know that they could be expert ones and of course they will smash you in a while. More: if you go PvPing without possibility (enough $$$) to rebuild or rebuy a ship, well, it's your fault... You should think about what you are going to do in a PvP skill based game and be ready for the consequences.

i am not Vet, neither a middle experienced one, and I am not searching for troubles right now versus too high rank ships. I cannot win them anyway, but the problem is that the 90% of players sail with big ships, so we newcomers cannot training ourselves in good low ranks PvP battles...

Edited by blubasso

21 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Thats not pvp...  thats ganking the pve player that didn't want to pvp you in the first place....

It is a way to force people out of the nest.  They dont know what they will like till they try it.

7 minutes ago, Odol said:

It is a way to force people out of the nest.  They dont know what they will like till they try it.

You do not realize that OS PVP is just a PART of the game, not the WHOLE game.

Understand this (and then do not pretend that every player shall agree with YOUR way of playing the game) and maybe you will finally understand why safe zones are OK as they are.

If you want to do safe PVE you CAN DO IT, if some players want to do PVP they CAN DO IT. Instead you want to force people doing what YOU WANT they do, even if THEY DO NOT WANT to do it. While PVE players are not forcing you to do PVE.

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

And why would anyone actually do real PVP when they can get PVP marks by just going around farming defenseless trade ships and low rates, or just going around in a mob sinking anything outmatched.  There is basically no incentive to actually PVP. 

There has been several different suggestions on how to make ganking unrewarding.. If ppl don't like PvP - go play on the dedicated PvE server.. I trade myself and I love the risk.. now there's no risk, lots of gold and nothing has any value..

1 minute ago, Bearwall said:

There has been several different suggestions on how to make ganking unrewarding.. If ppl don't like PvP - go play on the dedicated PvE server.. I trade myself and I love the risk.. now there's no risk, lots of gold and nothing has any value..

And when they will have gone to the PVE server (or left the game), who will you fight? 

42 minutes ago, SKurj said:

Thats not pvp...  thats ganking the pve player that didn't want to pvp you in the first place....

If they do don't want to PvP why are they playing on the PvP server then?

1 minute ago, victor said:

And when they will have gone to the PVE server (or left the game), who will you fight? 

The same people we fight now, because the people who do PVE in the safezone don't exist for PvP content.

Edited by Pada
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Pada said:

The same people we fight now, because the people who do PVE in the safezone don't exist for PvP content.

So why bothering with them? 

Your contraddiction is so evident that only you cannot see it.

Truth is that you want to take away the safe zones just to prey better on helpless players. GANK and FARM MARKS is your ONLY purpose. Period

Edited by victor
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Pada said:

I will gladly play PvP if I am sure to have a chance to win. As a normal player, I accept challenges when I have at least 50% chances to win. I don't play PvP for the sake of PvP and give you free money and experience. Sorry, this is not my style. 

I play in PvP server because I want to do PvP, but why should I charge headless a ship when I cannot properly sail and shooting? Right now I have still problems to beat NPCs and I have not so much money to rebuy soon a ship: why should I play in instances a quarter of an hour and then farming for a RL day to have the money to rebuy a decent ship?

Edited by blubasso

"If you want PvP, go make Port Battles, thats what this game is all about"

> raises Hostility for a PB, shows up with a 20 man fleet for the PB

> gets zerg screened out

"Why dont you show up to your port battles??"

NA in a nutshell

• Like 5

So why bothering with them? 

Your contraddiction is so evident that only you cannot see it.

Truth is that you want to take away the safe zones just to pray better on helpless players. GANK and FARM MARKS is your ONLY purpose. Period

I never said that I want to take away safezones. What the hell are you talking about. I just said that people inside safezones are not existent for all others.

Totally support new players should have protection, but we need to limit the use of the safezone to high rank players.

2 minutes ago, Pada said:

I never said that I want to take away safezones. What the hell are you talking about. I just said that people inside safezones are not existent for all others.

Totally support new players should have protection, but we need to limit the use of the safezone to high rank players.

aaahhhhhh ... devs said that safe zone's purpose was NOT ONLY to protect low level players, but also to create a safe economic space for easy nations (GB, US and Spain).

If a player can choose are easy nations in this game they must be ... easy

How many times one shall repeat this until you PVPers will understand it?

Edited by victor

13 minutes ago, victor said:

The same as we fight now..

1 minute ago, victor said:

aaahhhhhh ... devs said that safe zone's purpose was NOT ONLY to protect low level players, but also to create a safe economic space for easy nations (GB, US and Spain).

If there are easy nations they must be ... easy

How many times one shall repeat this until you PVPers will understand it?

And again you don't read what I say. I said limit not take it away completely. 

3 minutes ago, Pada said:

And again you don't read what I say. I said limit not take it away completely. 

No mate. I read (and understand) that you want to limit them on the basis of the rank.

But if a players does not want to be involved in non consensual PVP and then chooses an easy nation, why should that nation become magically as hard as "hard" or "impossible" nations simply becasue he has reached a given rank?

Edited by victor

19 minutes ago, Pada said:

They are pve'ing to get the perceived advantages the pvp leet are flaunting daily, such as the best books, and mods etc.  Perhaps they feel they cannot compete at an equal level gear wise they have no choice but to pve for the stuff they perceive they need.  (or unlock knowledge so they can even equip that leet skillbook)

Real or not...

Edited by SKurj

22 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

Some LOLClown sinking someone that is completely outmatched is not PVP.  I'm on the PVP server for a fun competitive battle, but they're extremely rare.  People who stomp the weak and pat themselves on the back about being "PVP" stars are just worthless arsehats.