Game-Labs Forum

Limit Poods to Russian Ships

Ok I'm not naval expert but these overpowered guns are Russian right? Maybe limit them to Russian ships? People don't sail the Pavel because Buc has more firepower so that would be a bonus to the pavel. Alot of Dps but captains would need to choose wisely over 42s and 24s because of pen and double shot. 

The inger might be a little bit more of an issue because it might be op in pbs but  maybe penetration of a 24 pound aggy + double and charge could make that less of a problem. 

Any thoughts?

• Like 2

Then you would have Pood P-Frigates everywhere.

Because the P-Frigate is a variation on a Russian ship, the Cherub Frigate. 

Great... exactly what we need.

I say just nerf them or remove them. I use them on my Indefatigable and they are definitely OP.

2 minutes ago, Odol said:

Then you would have Pood P-Frigates everywhere.

Because the P-Frigate is a variation on a Russian ship, the Cherub Frigate. 

Great... exactly what we need.

I say just nerf them or remove them. I use them on my Indefatigable and they are definitely OP.

Well to be fair the pirate frigate does have no stern chasers and a shit sailing profile. 

The model was initially based on a pseudo-british kit plan  (which for whatever reason was based on plate xxxiii from Chapman's ANM). The russification happened later. 

Google frigate Aurore sketchup and you should find the original model.

Edited by Malachi

12 minutes ago, Malachi said:

The model was initially based on a pseudo-british kit plan  (which for whatever reason was based on plate xxxiii from Chapman's ANM). The russification happened later. 

Google frigate Aurore sketchup and you should find the original model.

This one?

032uK3KjBGPi?dimension=1200x1200

The great distance between the gunports and the midships gunwale doesn't really come through on this draught.

NA balance is based on shouts and screams that come from this forum, there is no hard and detailed ship to ship balance. It's time to understand this. I can say nerf Belle Poule ball bounce resistance and you are going to say Limit Russian guns to Russian ships....There is no point in your suggestion. 

23 minutes ago, maturin said:

Oh good, so the creator just invented that huge distance between midships gunport and rail? I'm glad that's not a historical feature.

I think that's the fault of the kit plan, for whatever reasons it had the upper gun deck and weather deck lowered by one or two feet compared to Chapman's design. The beakhead bulkhead is also much more pronounced than on the original.

Edited by Malachi