Game-Labs Forum

Hostility changes - fun for everyone, including small clans.

4 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

If 10 defenders join the hostility mission it would be a 10 vs. 10 player battle, but just one team would have the additional support of 10 npcs, am I right?

There must be a way to gain hostility if defenders do not come. Thus NPCs are needed in all battles.
If defenders come they just join on the side of NPCs. But knowing the NPCs this is going to be a minor nuisance for the attacker anyway.

• Like 1

Changes look good.  Anything to make victory marks more accessible is a good thing.  And it’s about time paints came back.  

I’m not really sure about the flexible fleets thing though.  All I can see is just potential for griefing.  Really all that needs to be changed is that 25 defenders need to be able to get in and the bots should not block slots.  

I am gonna assume that a 5 1st rates in a hostility mission will count considerably more than 10 frigates?

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow lets go said:

PvP marks and VMs are valueable and more for luxury stuff while the rest is easy to get, inflated and only valueable for basic stuff (like ressources and bowfigures).

Sorry Jon, I know what they are and what they are used for, I asked why we are using multiple different ones.

Just now, Christendom said:

I am gonna assume that a 5 1st rates in a hostility mission will count considerably more than 10 frigates?

yes. just like now - victory gives more hostility points compared to a cutter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

yes. just like now - victory gives more hostility points compared to a cutter.

Let’s use a shallow port for example.  We could theoretically go out there and grind in 1st rates, kill 1st rates in the mission and pop the port faster than it would take for a merc mission.  

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Its already like that. No use to adress it too because they are on OW after the mission anyway

Like you said earlier. It doesn't have to stay shitty because it was always shitty.

4 minutes ago, admin said:

There must be a way to gain hostility if defenders do not come. Thus NPCs are needed in all battles.
If defenders come they just join on the side of NPCs. But knowing the NPCs this is going to be a minor nuisance for the attacker anyway.

Well, it actually could get nasty for the attackers, if defending players joined soon after the start of a battle!

... if they joined later it might not be a serious problem, because of the distance between incoming defenders and the rest of the fighting ships.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Doesn't lead that to bring 1St rates or be in a disadvantage? 

That should be addressed in my opinion.

I guess if the attacker just brings first rates they run the risk of the defender entering with 10 first rates too, which would make the battle 10 vs 20. I dont care if half of the 20 are NPC, I know which side I would rather be on.

This may swing too much in favor of the defender, will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Hi,stop @#~{[ , and start making a game, that attracts players, because there is worse and worse, and for your changes conquest is a real impact, it would be time to attract players ...

Against the alts account, when will one ip = one account?
When is something against spy and ganks?
When will you be able to play lone wolfs again?

When a real gameplay, high seas is completely empty, everything is on the coast, travel 4 hours ... is two years that you are asked to do something for that ...

And then the reset of the assets of may 2017 that killed the old community ...
Killed the ressrouces, killed the craft job, killed the conquest, for gank ...
to turn an open world into a deathmatch arena, it's strong anyway ... first time I see that.

you have trouble understanding what the players want, you swing us your info, ask our opinion, but when it does not go in your direction, you delete or post or answer ...

So...
Best look, a old player

hostility battle can be seen as small port battles

-were also forts and towers must be included (so that means small coastal battles) "coastal hostility battles" [and do not apply coastal fleets ]

-with a minimum of 5 attacker players (gives also 5 defender players entrance)

-and not more than 2 hostility battles for the setting of the  port timer... 

-a 10 minute  player defender timer for the interruption of the  hostility battle 

otherwise hostility battle fail to often .

-also schalow ports gives only shallow ships to use..

-after two raised hostility battles the set for the port battle is as it is now (small nations have a hard time fielding 4x10 people )

under:   

the second hostillity failed by a defender OP force 11 vs 25  (i consider this unfair force fighting, on initial npc pve turms>  to become a sudden pvp open full  battle) 

D54BDC7C0D9808B133B7CB15063DF75DECADFCB3

Edited by Thonys

Just now, Navalus Magnus said:

Well, it actually could get nasty for the attackers, if defending players joined soon after the start of a battle!

... if they joined later it might not be a serious problem, because of the distance between incoming defenders and the rest of the fighting ships.

hostility missions already allow positional entrance (meaning you can decide where to enter). If your scout gave you enemy position in the instance you can ALREADY spawn on top of the enemy and destroy them, or be destroyed by them.

How does this prevent port trading at all? 

One nation gets free wins on a bunch of ports - cash in the points on monday - and then the other nation gets a bunch of free wins taking them back.

Doesn't it also promote mega-clans and exclusive PB slots to their members if they get, say, 3-5 marks per PB attendant instead of 1?

Edited by Guest

@admin

Just an idea: why not giving (one or a few depending on the level of the ship he brings in) PVP mark(s) to the player that starts a hostility mission (after all he created the occasion for OS PVP).

This would induce a lot of people to risk and go into enemy territories to raise hostility.

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

But you only give the attacker a even bigger hurdle to overcome if they come in 4ths because they are just dead once they get out of mission. Or you want to limit OW battles?

What fir fir 1rate will chase them?

but stop with mark system...this is a " shit " ..it's a open world or a pvp fps deathmatch serious....you understand pvp is killing hte game....have no sens pvp in naval game....

YOu think really every time a ships out of port, he is attacked, by others...nah serious,....the game is just pvp, pvp pvp pvp pvp vpvp...STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !! add gameplay, and not only stupid PvP a kid old then 5 years can PvP, nothing hard...

Give us GAMEPLAY !!