Game-Labs Forum

Port swapping for marks

First off - I don't believe any rules are actually broken but I do believe the current amount of discussions into the topic makes it clear that a ruling should be presented.

Most recent topic:

We all know that port swapping is accepted - admin ruled this and it's a requirement for getting for example peace treaties in place (one side drops a few ports to the other side in exchange everyone gets a peace) so port swapping is a necessity. And ofc you can't force someone to defend a port that they don't want to keep anyway.

But farming is not allowed.

What we're seeing atm is that spain drops (swaps) ports with russia to ensure they each get VM from time to time. This is basically farming but it's also swapping.

So the question is:

Shall we all resort to empty port battles to basically wage a huge RvR war against eachother just in the form of a PvE grind for host missions???! That would basically be the outcome and the faction that does the most PvE grinding becomes nr 1... I mean hello kitty me RvR becomes decided by whomever is the better PvE grinder??!

@admin

I'd like the tribunal to look into Spain and Russias port swapping as a farming exploit (even if I don't believe it is myself. The swapping of ports is not the issue - farming victory marks is. Mostly because the ramifications for the RvR aspect in the server will basically ruin the RvR.. unless I'm suddenly playing the PvE server ofc..

24 minutes ago, Bearwall said:

First off - I don't believe any rules are actually broken but I do believe the current amount of discussions into the topic makes it clear that a ruling should be presented.

Most recent topic:

We all know that port swapping is accepted - admin ruled this and it's a requirement for getting for example peace treaties in place (one side drops a few ports to the other side in exchange everyone gets a peace) so port swapping is a necessity. And ofc you can't force someone to defend a port that they don't want to keep anyway.

But farming is not allowed.

What we're seeing atm is that spain drops (swaps) ports with russia to ensure they each get VM from time to time. This is basically farming but it's also swapping.

So the question is:

Shall we all resort to empty port battles to basically wage a huge RvR war against eachother just in the form of a PvE grind for host missions???! That would basically be the outcome and the faction that does the most PvE grinding becomes nr 1... I mean hello kitty me RvR becomes decided by whomever is the better PvE grinder??!

@admin

I'd like the tribunal to look into Spain and Russias port swapping as a farming exploit (even if I don't believe it is myself. The swapping of ports is not the issue - farming victory marks is. Mostly because the ramifications for the RvR aspect in the server will basically ruin the RvR.. unless I'm suddenly playing the PvE server ofc..

lol 

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

lol 

Do you think the system is fine?

Do you enjoy fake PBs "against" your allies?

Is that how the game should be?

Cmon Christoph, thats all just bullshit and not fun gameplay. It needs to be changed somehow, thats all.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cortez said:

How can Russia get VM if they aren`t amongst 1st 3 nations in competition?

Not in last weeks competition - but a new weeks starts today and the PBs are today.. Hardly a coincidence..

3 minutes ago, Christoph said:

lol 

Tribunal rules are to be followed - if you have nothing to add on the subject at hand you should refrain from posting.

i hate vm!

Anyone who wants to sail a 1st rate should be allowed to do this

We have monday! we need this ports and we give 3 ports the the spanish guys back. when you have problems with that its ok!

Edited by Christoph

41 minutes ago, Cornelis Tromp said:

I will be writing a counter tribunal later against king of crowns and bearwall/lars for spreading false accusations a double tribuning a non-issue.

Let's do it your way then.

"Accusing people or groups of cheating, or exploiting in the public forums or in game chat is not permitted with the following exceptions:"

See that comma? Yep, that reads as "exploiting in the public forums or in game chat" and doesn't apply to in-game activities.

I don't see any forum exploiting going on, and you were accused of exploiting in-game - but not of cheating, so doesn't apply :rolleyes:

See how fun it is when we bend the rules and interpret as we wish like you guys do?