Game-Labs Forum

Announcement of an alliance between the Kingdoms of Russia and France

Comeonche

1 hour ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

If DNP only would be half as good in fighting PBs than it is in accusing other players of misdoing Danemark-Norway would have never lost its position as one of the leading powers on this server.

You had agreements with ACN? And then you have nothing better to do than joining an alliance with their arch enemy the Swedes? Don't tell me that there was a need for. Nobody attacked you. No one endangered your territories. But you became bored not playing a role in this game. Now you pay the price. There is no immaculate conception.

I am not making accusations - I am pointing out straight facts :) Our agreements with another clan and the will/ability to uphold them is completely irrelevant to anything else.

Pointing out our abilities to fighting PB's is very hollow coming from you. You robbed us the ability to defend our ports.

We hardly had any choice to which side to join - did we? With the Russian aggression towards us ever since you popped in - we really hadn't anywhere else to go. You pushed us in that direction. And now with the recent absence of Anolytic this would become even more clear. There is no sanity left and no-one inside your nation is to stop the personal vendetta against us. That leaves us with very few choices

6 hours ago, Hethwill said:

I can tell you, just out of my head, one major historical example where colonies were given to a foreign power without a fight and during Napoleonic wars - dutch to GB so it didn't come under french control.

Given time I can find enough examples from 1670 to 1820 :) 

What makes a historical situation like that so different from what we see in game ?

Yes. And no. That is a long history regarding family ties, 4 Wars, and a very questionable, “are you sure that’s what you meant.” 

But that aside. You are correct. 

The beauty of a player lead open world, role player game, is that the players themselves get the ability to shape the world completely as they would like without bounds or limits. (As much as balance can permit of course). 

• Like 1

Well we are just fine with the situation. Lots of fights. We do like to fight Russia. Well that is actually not the truth. We like to fight some players in the Russian nation. By France being ally with the Ruski, it make you a legit target. As a small RvR nation we have chosen to fight in another way, then if we where big. That why we try to help by screening for bigger nations. To give us some good fights. We expect nothing in return, because we accept that in a war, that sacrifice is needed. Just when in the great fight against the Russian-Spain-France alliance it make good reason to help us, that we get the needed help.

Now where France is side by side with Russia, it is just to be expected that we will help in fight against France and also do Oure own attacking. Until the alliance, we stayed basicely away from the GB-France war. That may now change.

We do not worry about loosing anything, we looks forward to the fights to come. Think both France and Denmark/Norway may get some good fights. We know Oure few players alone do not make a challenge for the top dogs, but Oure small contribution may be what turn the tide. So I say to all France captains. Once more we have been forced into a fight, as we where forced by Russia to join the Swedes against the Russian-Spain alliance. 

Bon combat, mes amis.

9 hours ago, Teutonic said:

Hopefully we can find a new thing you can cry about even though it's legal.

Incidentally, bestiality is legal in Russia. Surely that means that the empire partakes, now we know why it needs islands far from prying eyes :P

7 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

Bullshit. We didn't care about you at all, before you joined the Swedish side. Nobody attacked your ports. We made a difference between Danes and BF. You started a war against us for no reason, and now you're whining that this could cost you everything. 

But be happy. We still don't care about Danemark-Norge since you never have been a challenge for us. By beating you we only wanted to hurt Sweden. And with the newest changes in VM mechanic Russia lost it's interest to possess dozens of useless ports. We can return to the policy we followed before map win became important again. We only attack what we really like to own.

Please pin-point where you see me/us whine about the potential of loosing "everything"