Game-Labs Forum

Economy suggestion / improved buyer-seller visibility

New player on the PvE server here, with economy suggestions.  I've hunted around for this and I apologize in advance if the issues have already been addressed somewhere.

Improving communication between buyers and sellers in-game will boost the level of economic activity, particularly by newer players.  I haven't played on the PvP server yet much but it seems like this might boost the number of targets for you all as well.  Two suggestions, either of which might help.

1) Make contracts to buy visible on the trader tool.   If I understand the codes it currently shows (A)vailable, (P)roduces and (C)onsumes.  Add a column to display (B)uyers.

2) Provision outposts so owners can post notices and advertise their presence in a town.   I am guessing free-format notes would probably overload the servers so this would need to be standardized.  The content could be limited to nationality, clan,  and commodities bought or sold.  All optional elements as there might be situations were you would want to post products for sale but not advertise nationality or clan.  The notices would need to expire, possibly five days after the player's last contract at that outpost.

(And YES the new tutorial was extremely helpful to a new player trying to wrap my head around the cannon mechanics!)

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Corvus said:

1) Make contracts to buy visible on the trader tool.   If I understand the codes it currently shows (A)vailable, (P)roduces and (C)onsumes.  Add a column to display (B)uyers.

And a follow-up question.  Are seller contracts visible in (A)available?

If they are not, they should be.

And a follow-up comment from the viewpoint of a non-gaming new player.  Improving the buyer-seller visibility will also improve playability.  I am going to guess I am not the only new player to find myself rather adrift in the trading mechanics. 

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 4.2.2018 at 2:55 PM, Marcus Valerius Corvus said:

And a follow-up question.  Are seller contracts visible in (A)available?

If they are not, they should be.

And a follow-up comment from the viewpoint of a non-gaming new player.  Improving the buyer-seller visibility will also improve playability.  I am going to guess I am not the only new player to find myself rather adrift in the trading mechanics. 

Yes it is realy hard to play this game in the first way, the developers need a perspective change from time to time, that is obviously! That is the biggest problem. But now they build the first tutorials. That is realy good! @ developers try also to impement the cursor tooltip!

Edited by Asar
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2018 at 11:27 AM, admin said:

it will get even better.

Are there any plans to address the display of contract pricing / availability in the new UI or before general release of the game? 

This is a fundamental playability issue for brand new players (once basic combat mechanics have been mastered).   What I have observed, having recently moved to PvP as US player) is the only port with a functional active market in basic commodities appears to be the capital.  Since this is where new players start this allows an experienced player to exploit the ignorance of new players by pushing basic commodities at prices well in excess of 4x production cost.  The concentration of economic activity in Charleston appears to be an artifact of the the current design of the trader tool.

Not all of the gankers hunt newbies using ships.

I have some ideas for new player guides for the steam foums but it would be helpful to understand the direction the developers intend to go with the economy in anticipation of general release of the game.

Edited by Marcus Corvus
typo
  • Like 1

On 03.02.2018 at 10:27 PM, admin said:

it will get even better.

Dear @admin please put lots of tool tips into UI. Ability with do not show me again. 

Example, rookie attacks ai fleet in safe waters, warning enemy players can join and battle will be open for entry. And about everything.

Looking forward for better tutorial and ui, which will keep more players in game before they leave the game due to natural high difficulty. Fantastic additions are very welcomed like Patrol Missions, this is a real content. Hope you also introduce pve content.

Why don’t you give us , at least the freetowns close to Patrol Zones for everybody. We can not join some missions as 2 hour sailing is difficult. Better give freetowns to all players, incease pvp, economy, patrol missions all around the freetowns ? As we have only 1 tow per day, there won’t be abuse.