Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Despe

Distribution of new resources

Recommended Posts

Hello. This is my first post and I decided to do it to open a discussion about the distribution of new resources on the map. In the 15 patch new resources were created (copper ingots), but only two cities (english and french) produce it, and I think that is unfair to the rest of the factions, especially the small ones. My question to the devs is this: what were the reasons for this distribution? Would not it be much more fair for all the players that the new resources are distributed equally, at least one port in each faction?
Thanks you for your attention.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it was a suggestion relating to Conquest that gave way to some changes, like the one you refer.

Gaining access to said resources is meant to be a driving force in Conquest.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that the equal distribution and the conquest are not incompatible. Each faction can have one of those ports and want to conquer its adversary ports as it happens with other resources such as teak. In addition all players of all factions pay the same for the game, and this in my opinion is unfair.  Prussians, danes or dutch will never be able to conquer those ports, and they  and they also pay for the game like the rest of the players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

I think that the equal distribution and the conquest are not incompatible. Each faction can have one of those ports and want to conquer its adversary ports as it happens with other resources such as teak. In addition all players of all factions pay the same for the game, and this in my opinion is unfair.  Prussians, danes or dutch will never be able to conquer those ports, and they  and they also pay for the game like the rest of the players.

Give these nations time.

Who thought 1 year ago that sweden will own the most ports on the map being present in the center of the map, bahamas, close to french cap and in dutch waters?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

 

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

He is a new player, he lacks your references.

Ok fair enough.

Then lets ask a question. If durch prussia etx. would get these ressources right now, how high is the possibility for them to defend them if they also cant attack the current distributed ressources?

Setting up in the Bahamas is easy with shroud cay and copper in the gjof is right next to a free town

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember there are other means to get these items.  They are still part of random loot drop.  AI some times carries the mates.  Some noob could leave it in there hull.  It's not all lost.

 

Now my only issue is even if you own the port it's a pain to get the resources with every one and there mother bidding and out bidding every one.  Great thing is the owner gets all those tax off those bids/contracts though even if they aren't filled.  I still think rare resource should be limited on contracts of say 10 each (I seen folks put up 100-500 on the copper ports).  I also think the owner of a region should get in there clan warehouse a private stock of the resources so they can choice to sale it or keep it for there own clan/nation.  This would give people even more reason to fight over a port and it's resources.  

With some resent info about some broken trade/delivery misisons we all know there are a good number of players that have millions upon millions out there and they have no problem running a trade war which others can't compete with, this is what I think is more an issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I've been playing this game, the Spanish faction has nothing, no good objects, no upgrades, nothing just harms you every day more
We ask that they change the resources of the game to benefit all nations equally, or that in each faction there is something special

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is the number of ports each nation had 1 year ago. Snipped out of the l2tk from @Jeheil who hopefully comes back soon

Unbenannt.jpg

 

Unbenannt.png

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, David Weller said:

Since I've been playing this game, the Spanish faction has nothing, no good objects, no upgrades, nothing just harms you every day more
We ask that they change the resources of the game to benefit all nations equally, or that in each faction there is something special

Its a issue of spanish RvR then.

Go and get the stuff you want. What did russia get at the beginning or sweden or denmark?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my post I do not intend to talk about RVR, i like to talk about the egalitarian distribution of new resources created. That is not incompatible with the RVR. It is about treating all players equally. In RVR, those ports can be conquered too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SKurj said:

copper is close to a spanish safe zone.. go get it...

I'm sorry, but I think that response is bad manners. In my post I try to explain that the new resources created must be distributed equally, not that I want or not to go to get it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Despeinao said:

I'm sorry, but I think that response is bad manners. In my post I try to explain that the new resources created must be distributed equally, not that I want or not to go to get it.

But that is not the point of it, the reason it was done this way was to encourage competition for it.  At least this item has no impact on the actual rvr battle itself unlike Cartagena tar.  Hopefully this means the gulf will actually see some activity now.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Distribution is meaningless when Spain can move to conquer any port in the map.

Look at the map. Spain has gulf, some ports at Bahamas and some ports in South America. You can go wherever you want.

 

About fairness in ressource distribution, spain has guacata gunpower very close to habana. Which was an upgrade quite valuable for many players (Guacata Superior Gunpower). Also Spain has live oak and white oak woods not far from our capital.

 

I am not talking about Spain being able to conquer these ports, I am saying that the new resources created should be shared equally among ALL THE FACTIONS, because I think it is unfair that this is not so. My post is about the creation of new resources, not about RVR.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SKurj said:

But that is not the point of it, the reason it was done this way was to encourage competition for it.  At least this item has no impact on the actual rvr battle itself unlike Cartagena tar.  Hopefully this means the gulf will actually see some activity now.

If all the factions have a resource port the competition is not reduced. Just look at what happens with the teak. And a dutch or danish player pays the same for the game as an english player, so I think thats it's unfair that one can access those resources and the others does not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Intrepido said:

I disagree.

Conquest is encouraged with the current ressource distribution. I would add only one or two ports more producing some upgrades, to revive some dead areas.

I disagree too. I think that conquest and equal distribution are perfectly compatibles. It´ssimple. If I have one of those ports and I can conquer another I try it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

If all the factions have a resource port the competition is not reduced. Just look at what happens with the teak. And a dutch or danish player pays the same for the game as an english player, so I think thats it's unfair that one can access those resources and the others does not.

GB has no teak, or white oak, perhaps not even any live oak as well.  I don't see your point here.  Spain has all of those I believe, though granted you gave some to the russians i guess to be 'fair'.

It isn't about fair, its about creating something to fight over.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

If all the factions have a resource port the competition is not reduced. Just look at what happens with the teak. And a dutch or danish player pays the same for the game as an english player, so I think thats it's unfair that one can access those resources and the others does not.

The dutch and danish guys can just go and conquer it like other nations did.

It does promote competition because if these guys see it as very valueable like french rig or carta or something else you can just team up and go and get it. It creates content.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Despeinao said:

I disagree too. I think that conquest and equal distribution are perfectly compatibles. It´ssimple. If I have one of those ports and I can conquer another I try it.

copper is no ressource you havr to have to stay competitive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SKurj said:

GB has no teak, or white oak, perhaps not even any live oak as well.  I don't see your point here.  Spain has all of those I believe, though granted you gave some to the russians i guess to be 'fair'.

It isn't about fair, its about creating something to fight over.

GB has teak until recently in its capital area. My post is not about existing resources, is about the new ones that are created and added to the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Lets talk about GB, because it looks you are a bit biased.

No access to live oak, white oak, no ports producing any upgrade near Jamaica or Belize.

You can open a post if you want for talking about this. My post i about new resources created an added to map, not existing resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

You lack experience in the game and the reasons why some communities plays RvR.

Not everyone plays to paint the map with his country´s flag.

I'm sorry but that reply seems disrespectful to me. I play as I want and I do not demand anyone how should to play. Please, do not enter into personal questions when I only intend to open a post to ask the devs to make their updates fairly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Despeinao said:

You can open a post if you want for talking about this. My post i about new resources created an added to map, not existing resources.

Like cartagena, copper is distributed over the map in rare places to create competition and pvp/pb hotspots about them in areas that lack meaning to conquer.

Like guacata or french or bovenwinds, northern carp, countless other upgrades they are added to create meaningfull conquest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rediii said:

Like cartagena, copper is distributed over the map in rare places to create competition and pvp/pb hotspots about them in areas that lack meaning to conquer.

Like guacata or french or bovenwinds, northern carp, countless other upgrades they are added to create meaningfull conquest.

I understand your arguments but I disagree. I do not see that in the ports you mention, except in Cartagena, there are RVR exploit. It seems that the RVR exploit appears in areas where there are several factions, not several resources.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...