Game-Labs Forum

New "Special" Trims

44 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

Wait... these trim bonuses are random?!?!  

What happened to regional bonuses? Talk about a wasted opportunity to bring meaning to RvR...

We will need a lot more Data before we can actually say whether or not it is completely random. Maybe they are still regional based, but with a percentage chance of getting one. Or maybe they are just 100% random. 
Maybe wood types play a role as to which trim your ship might get. Etc etc. 

So basically; We don't know. There are many variables that may, or may not, play a role in this. To get closer to the answer, we will need to gather enough data that we can start analyzing it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

gg, we have random trim speeds. Just like old "stiffness" and "speed" RNG. Welcome back to 2016

That's how you update games... take old mechanics and features that nobody wanted and hence were removed and bring them back... is it not?

• Like 1

So crafting a ship is back to rolling dice?

That would be very sad. Wouldn't it be possible to to make it predictable? E.g. by a combination of added "ingredients" as we select the trim now? E.g. more slots require additional Combat Marks and the "refits" require certain goods, upgrades or crafting region?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Rabman said:

WTB - LO/WO Ocean 5/5 with Cartegena refit

I'll have one ready for 530.000.000.000 Gold, 4.000.000 combat marks and the mats required for 600 tries

and don't forget to bring the permits...

Edited by blademage

1 hour ago, Capn Rocko said:

What happened to regional bonuses? Talk about a wasted opportunity to bring meaning to RvR...

THIS is exactly what I am thinking.... "we need to make RvR important so the top zerg nations get 1-3 free firstrates per player each week hurrr durrr...... ohh yeah let's add RNG crafting instead of regional trims ~ "... I mean what the actual hello motherf***ing kitty. Must be some top notch Mary Jane going around in GameLabs HQ. I wish I had bought their weed instead of their game.

• Like 2

I was one of the very first 50 level crafters after steam release.  Very proud of the first Santi launched out of Little Issac Rocks!. The random number of permanent and changeable upgrade slots was bad enough, what we have now is worse again. No choice between speed or crew space then, but now all sorts of random upgrades and random extra upgrade slots. Plus we spend CMs for the privilege on 1st rates and woods we have to spend ages collecting up.

Do we know the odds for these special rolls yet - 100 wasted ship builds to get one worth keeping again?

Crafted one Vic and got nothing - bad luck or not?

The elite dangerous engineers analogy is good - most of us gave up because the RNG was so stupid and wasteful of time and resource. Require special build materials like we have for modules and no random extra upgrade slots.

3 minutes ago, Bragan Benigaris said:

According to the API data:

Id: 1677

"Shabby"

Mast thickness -3%

Armor thickness -3%

Speed -1%

That really sounds like a must have (not) built :rolleyes:

23 hours ago, n_Ka said:

it's possible to capture in open sea a gold or purple ship?

IA fleet or event?

I checked a AI ship that I had before the patch and it had 1 perm slot. After the patch it turned Grey and had 0 perm slots. Don't know if this is always the case but AI ships were always Grey as incentive to buy crafted ships some patches ago.