Game-Labs Forum

Probable alt farming

A French mid level player  Bordeaux amazingly managed to kill 3 people within 10 minutes .... at 2 different ports just before downtime.

Is logged on combat news, and sure looks fishy as hell.

If as i suspect this is alt farming then demoting the low rank alt will do nothing, you need to start demoting all captains involved in the battles farming pvp mark. otherwise is pointless exercise.

Apologies if this was kosha kills, but can't see how this would be possible in such a low time frame,

Herman

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 2

Storm Crow and myself were also discussing these "kills" just before restart, it seems these occurrences are immediately obvious to many people yet it seems to happening far too frequently without punishment. I might also suggest the devs check this player's previous clan. I'm certain you'll find a link to another certain clan that is drawing a lot of attention in this area lately. (I of course apologise to all involved if I am wrong)

Edited by NethrosDefectus

I can't express how sick I am of this crap and these hello kittying players.

I also don't see a reason to warn those people. It is an issue for so long time. If they are caught perma ban all their accounts including main account. No more warnings. Warnings were given out enough.

Remove PvP Marks, and there will be no alt farming. Anyway who cares about someone or somehundrets who kills one and the same guy to retrive some pvp marks. Whats the result, someone get alot of PvP Marks and got nice items he will loose in a real fight, or he sell it to someone and get rich, but who cares? Instead of wasting time for investigate this, the developer should spend the time in making things better, and maybe come to a final conclusion for alt farming. In another Post admin or ink mentioned that there will be a asset wipe - so the effort for pvp marks is waste of time anyway.

• Like 4

i am not sure ,but if you play the testing room ,you also get your name in combat news as a kill on your own nation..( that needs a bug  fix too)

so, i can't be sure on what is what..!

OT:

there is a 4 minutes difference between the kills that's fast indeed..did not know probablealt farming  pvp points could happen that fast ,  lol  )

Edited by Thonys

18 minutes ago, CTC_ClanLeader said:

Remove PvP Marks, and there will be no alt farming. Anyway who cares about someone or somehundrets who kills one and the same guy to retrive some pvp marks. Whats the result, someone get alot of PvP Marks and got nice items he will loose in a real fight, or he sell it to someone and get rich, but who cares? Instead of wasting time for investigate this, the developer should spend the time in making things better, and maybe come to a final conclusion for alt farming. In another Post admin or ink mentioned that there will be a asset wipe - so the effort for pvp marks is waste of time anyway.

It's about the principle of playing clean. Solutions for farming and its possible incentives belong to another topic. 

@Thonys if you kill someone in the fleet practice, the kill gets shown at the location where your ship is located. Not the case here.

Edited by Palatinose
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

Ban those alt farmer if this cause a problem, but stop renouncing new features because of them.

well the community knows already so, sticking the head in the sand is not resolving the issue, that is why we are here

Edited by Thonys