Game-Labs Forum

AAR (After Action Report) Martin Connor, Trader wanna-be

blubasso

Hi, this is a little Role Play with my character ingame. His name is Martin Connor, English side.

My name is Martin Connor, i was born in Bone Cay that belongs to the Grace of Our Beloved Sovereign, King of England. I am 23 years old, my father (God protects him forever) by now is old and he let me our Tobacco plantation as inheritance. 

Our family was not rich because my Father gambled a lot, trying to earn easily much money than we had (and actually have). We could barely survive with our house and plantation. Gold goes always in other hands than our (workers, debts and so on...) and the plantation is far from in good conditions.

6 mounths ago, my Father charged me as House’s Leader and said that i have to visit Kingstown, in Jamaica, to see if we could start to have better business in a big City, because our trades was just with Bone Cay’s local population and in Capital a lot of people surely smoke tobacco. He gave me a name and a letter for him. We prepared “Swordfish”, our old Cutter, and i sailed pointing NE. 

• Like 6

First day at sea.

We doubled Pedro Cay, i saw just few sailing ships, pointing somewhere South. In the meanwhile we fishing to save our food rations and maybe earn little more cash, when in Kingstone. 

Winds blowed from E, some clouds over W/NW. Nothing else to report except a big scare from Pedro, one of my crew: he was drunk and almost fallen offboard. Nothing happened, for the God sake, but i will let him on Kingstown. I don’t want drunken hands in my ship.

Edited by blubasso
  • Like 5

Second day at sea (Night time)

I woke up due a big noise: Jimmy, who was on his quarter’s guard, run on my cabin shouting: “Pirates, Captain, hurry up, please!”

Those filthy scum! We couldn’t run away, so i accepted the battle for our lives. 

The pirates were onboard an old fishboat, they had not so much cannons but we were not fighter. Luckily we had 12 good guns... Those rats were better in sailing than me and i lost 4 good hands and a cannon but at the end i sunk their ship. We search the wreck and rescued a couple of them. We found some coin in the wreck and we discuss what could we do with the prisoners. All hands agreed to hang them: they were catholic, french and, worst, pirates, not good english protestant souls. On my ship i am captain and judge for God and the King. We did it, then we tied a cannon ball on their feet and threw them offboard. 

(Author’s note: i have nothing against catholic ppl, nor protestant or whatever religion. But the rivalities between those two sides at that time were well known. I wrote it just because the Role Play)

Edited by blubasso
  • Like 5

Second day: sea and Port

We finally reached our destination: Kingstown, the City of Dreams! I gave orders to unload cargo and i went immediately to find the man my Father mentioned. Such a beautiful city, lots of colors that contrast with the dirt tracks. Around me sounds, shouts, good english fellows speaking the same language of His Majesty the King. But also french, spanish and other languages i never heard. Yet...

I saw a lot of children, running and laughing around while women shouting at them, dogs barking and millions of coloured sheets, flapping in the warm morning wind.

The man lived in a one-floor house, near the big open air market. I knocked at the door and a black woman opened the door. I said her that i am the son of Edgar Connor and i have a letter for the landlord. She said me that i can find him at the Shovitt Inn, just at the corner and asked me to don’t offer him any drink, that surely he is drunken enough.

I found him at the Inn, a one-room full of tobacco’s smoke, playing checkers. He was an old man, an old oak log trader. He read the letter and than “Brian”, said me, shaking vigourosely both my hands.

We shared some informations about the world: the brave English sailors of our Royal Navy took again some franch cityes W from Jamaica, like La Navasse and Tiburon, but now the trading routes for these ports are very dangerous, due the french pirates and the French Navy. “They shoot with their guns like demons”, he added...

Back on business: he told me that my tobacco is very bad sold here in Kingstown, he suggested me to sail to Carlisle “There the cityzens are not fops, like here in the Capital, here thay want exotics; there you can have very good deals with your tobacco”. 

“When you finish with the folks in Carlisle, please, come back: i have something to discuss with you”, and he ended the topic.

I forgot completely the advice of the black woman and we pay several rounds of rum. In the evening i came back to my ship and gave orders to load again the cargo. Tomorrow in the very morning we will sail to Carlisle.

Author’s Note: I wish to thank @Ivan for his tavern’s list, in which i took the Tavern’s name and all the player that posted in Caribbean Invasion News topic. A real mine for political actual news... :)

Edited by blubasso
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Nick the cursed said:

Really?! :D

Nice story, continue!

Don’t take as very true all you can hear from the mouth af a sailor, especially if they are old retired ones: they usually mix truth with memoryes from the past. And they mix them again with other sailors’ storyes other sailors tell. 

Rumors could be true or not, you have to check them personally ;) 

I wish to introduce Kraken storyes, plus demond ans sea wiches, for they were integral part of sailors’ storyes.

P.S. Your RP is interesting too, i will give it a good read later.

Edited by blubasso
  • Like 1