Game-Labs Forum

Lost All Money. Negative gold

FRAN

To each its own. Space truck simulators or in our case, sea truck simulator, is a occupation as important as any other. That's not the subject here.

It is important to note the loophole on Delivery missions. The "this is just too easy" should be a signal to report it :) ; but in spectacular fashion two issues got covered - the web of delivery missions and the cash limit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

To each its own. Space truck simulators or in our case, sea truck simulator, is a occupation as important as any other. That's not the subject here.

It is important to note the loophole on Delivery missions. The "this is just too easy" should be a signal to report it :) ; but in spectacular fashion two issues got covered - the web of delivery missions and the cash limit.

you mean the 1.2 mb update from 30-01-2018 right

16 minutes ago, rediii said:

Just make it 100% playerbased and delete these trading nonsense with AI.

Also give us craftable upgrades ofc.

That upgrades are worth more than ships very often is the biggest problem in my oppinion.

To do this you have to create a market for usable goods otherwise you may as well remove trading from the game altogether.

PvP'ers are always wanting repairs, rum, cannons etc readily available at ports, but the issue is its not a regular market and the trader cannot work out what the demand will be. Today there may be a player looking for a type of cannon in port X but then it may be a week or more before that requirement comes up again at that port. This coupled with the undercutting I mentioned previously seriously impacts on margins and means the trader is always running the risk of losing money. You may say that is a good thing, that there should be risk in trading and they should not be able to make ridiculous profits, but when you compare the current possible trade profits with what can be made from missions or attacking OW NPC fleets it would make trading a waste of time. 

6 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

The thing is I do not think it is a loophole in delivery missions. What the OP has not said in his explanation is the time taken to gather all the delivery items. In my case it took me around 5 hours to transport all the items to the delivery port before I could do the teleporting back and forth. Okay I made around 10 million for 5 hours work with 2 characters operating simultaneously, but I could have made the same if not more doing missions or attacking OW AI fleets in the same time with one character. That is why I did not view it as a exploit.

If you reduce how much money can be made from trading then you have to also reduce how much can be made from PvE and also put a limit on how much PvP marks can be sold for.

Personally I do not see how fighting generates wealth, normally wars and fighting are huge money sinks. Maybe the game needs to reflect this more so that nations that have strong traders can afford to have a strong navy.

Not exploit, just a unintended effect. Pretty normal in games being developed.

Economics are the harsh design in every type of game given resources do not follow a natural IRL cycle - mines ceasing to produce, new veins of ore found somewhere, entire forests cut down and naval production having to be changed place ( oak for teak, from mainland GB to India for example ).

10 minutes ago, Archaos said:

The thing is I do not think it is a loophole in delivery missions. What the OP has not said in his explanation is the time taken to gather all the delivery items. In my case it took me around 5 hours to transport all the items to the delivery port before I could do the teleporting back and forth. Okay I made around 10 million for 5 hours work with 2 characters operating simultaneously, but I could have made the same if not more doing missions or attacking OW AI fleets in the same time with one character. That is why I did not view it as a exploit.

If you reduce how much money can be made from trading then you have to also reduce how much can be made from PvE and also put a limit on how much PvP marks can be sold for.

Personally I do not see how fighting generates wealth, normally wars and fighting are huge money sinks. Maybe the game needs to reflect this more so that nations that have strong traders can afford to have a strong navy.

u can take a look into api data to get a clue where items are available. In my example with MT / Atwood the requested item where ship building materials, which can be cheap self produced if u have enough resourcen and labor hours (contracts).

Lot of ppl dont like to trade, fighting or selling the cargo is there only income, after wipe u got a lot less reward for fighting and a lot of players where crying - so they fixed it, so again un dont need to trade or sell cargo again, and if cargo is sold, its often for a real cheap price - so a trader can buy rare trade goods and gains a lot of profit.

Edited by CTC_ClanLeader

17 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Not exploit, just a unintended effect. Pretty normal in games being developed.

Economics are the harsh design in every type of game given resources do not follow a natural IRL cycle - mines ceasing to produce, new veins of ore found somewhere, entire forests cut down and naval production having to be changed place ( oak for teak, from mainland GB to India for example ).

Point is that if just one player (or even 10) out of 1000 become such rich, game economy is not broken at all.

Trade and economy - and crafting - in this game are working quite good (I am a trader and no, I don not have all the money the OP has) ... so [/ironic mode on] I am almost sure devs will fix them [/ironic mode off].

Edited by victor

Rather it is the exception that makes the rule :)

Human factor of Time Expenditure for a specific task or tasks cannot be computed in - I decide if I spend 2 hours or 12 hours -  unless by specific design - example from other games: merchant that is asking for the cargo will be in destination within the month for 3 days period. There's no urgency in trading :) Actually there's no urgency in anything.

13 hours ago, FRAN said:

1. I deny doing any illegality that you try to attribute to me. I have not made any changes to files, server attacks or use of third-party applications to obtain a personal or collective benefit. I focused on optimizing the existing mechanisms in the game. Investing a lot of time in TRADE mode.

Hello Captain

The abnormal rewards that look strange and sound strange must be reported as they are probably a bug or a potential exploit
There was a bug (or oversight) that was granting the person delivering the goods abnormal profits if he did a certain order of actions.
All the abnormal profits will be removed from the accounts who used the bug extensively. 

Delivery mission button was disabled in the today's hot fix for rework.

• Like 10